No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +1.9 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

1st - Alamode

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » battle room (suggestion)
 Author battle room (suggestion)
Ravendark
Marshal
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2011-07-30 05:28   
i've seen many battles, lot of people working as a team, sometimes as every asse for itself. perhaps tude tto the assenes or just not knowing the plan wich the smartest one said just few minutes ago. so i was thinking in some new feature in communication, where all the players could have make a plan, and that plan could be saved so anyone who logs in later and wants to join the battle, can go check the battle plan and see how can he help best.

i was thinking a concept like this. like additional chat window. battle room could be initiated by anyone, making the initiator the leader by default, but would have voting system that would either approve his leadeship or make someone else a leader, wich would write down a plan. he would have slightly different color on chat. now we have ppl screaming all over and usualy if you look away for a sec you loose the guy giving the commands. or could by in battle rooms chat? a chatwindow of its own. and ppl could join or leave the battle room. if the join they should be marked with something so that there will be a distinction between those activly paticipating in that battle and those just passing by.

also was reading moddb and give my review aaand found this in features:
-Beacons can be attached to enemy ships to intercept valuable enemy communications!
what the hell, are we imaginary role playing game? however could be good, to tap into enemy communication with beacon

SR1 NORMANDY(Wales)
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2011-07-30 07:13   
that sounds like a realy good idea.

that becon idea could do with a redo a bit i think you should be able to buy a interseptor becon type thing that sticks to the ship and gives the player acsses to the enemy battel room chat like you said but not the plan becuse that would be to unfair and ruin the point of the plan i think it should also sacrifice the ability to mark the ship that has been stuck with it as it would not be a beacon just a radio hacking divice players can choose to swap for a becon

Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2011-07-30 09:02   
http://www.playprepared.com/ (link from Azreal)

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-07-30 11:46   

Doran's got a nice link there. But it looks more useful for games like BF2.

One thing we've been waiting for is some kind of Command function for Command ships/stations in this game. I wonder if the Devs have considered having some sort of Commander mode like what BF2 does?

In otherwords, every faction can only have 1 command station and 1 command dread on the server at any one time and these 2 ships will be the overall commanders for the theater, able to assign every ship waypoints, orders and such to the rest of the ship.

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-07-30 11:53   
There is a huge flaw with this Command ship idea.
Have you seen ICC's Command ship???

The only things it has going for it is it can hide, and it can build a mean planet by itself.

Start forcing it into combat, and forcing people to stay around it to recieve bonuses, and you will start forcing it to die horrible deaths without being able to fight back as much as even a frigate can....

Ravendark
Marshal
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2011-07-30 14:12   
yeah...that link. that would work on pre-arranged basis. in ds should be in-game, that anyone who logs in and sees 'ooh look our ships are there, im gonna join them' and the check battle room for any info about current action and if the ylike join the 'battle group'. i think idead would pull ppl more together in teamwork rather than leaving everyone to do whatever partially doing something but overall just tripping around on its own.

about defiance command ship issue. yes, the ships are like...bad for combat. even if one is doing commander work cant fly at the same time. so it could be two players at command of that ship. one would drive and shoot other will have commanding and support controls.

Sardaukar
Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2011-07-30 19:25   
This is why it's often wise to keep comm chatter to a minimum. Anything spoken by those not commanding should be short and terse, such as status reports, so that the longer messages are easily picked out as orders.

Note that "plan said by the smartest person" is an assumed descriptor of said plan. Many people equate complexity with cleverness, or otherwise try to stage uselessly convoluted battle orders. Simplicity and clarity rule the day on the battlefield; Complexity evolves on its own as needed, or with very careful preparation- not the kind you can have spur of the moment in the field. Put simply, many people claiming to be a "CO" have no real understanding or capability of it, and just emulate their flawed idea of command, gained through an RTS game or officer-drama stories.

If you want to command well, keep the channel as clear as you can, and do everything possible to squelch aspiring voices of command competing with or trying to (ugh) compliment yours; Tell them /t you, or if you think they're better at it, let them take over and announce as such. Nothing breaks a battlegroup faster than two heads snapping orders constantly.
[ This Message was edited by: Sardaukar on 2011-07-30 19:27 ]

Died~2000~Deaths[+R]*CC*
Chief Marshal
Army Of Darkness

Posted: 2011-07-31 01:30   
Quote:

On 2011-07-30 11:53, *XO*Defiance wrote:
There is a huge flaw with this Command ship idea.
Have you seen ICC's Command ship???

The only things it has going for it is it can hide, and it can build a mean planet by itself.

Start forcing it into combat, and forcing people to stay around it to recieve bonuses, and you will start forcing it to die horrible deaths without being able to fight back as much as even a frigate can....

wow sound like your talkng about the kluth station now.

[ This Message was edited by: Died~2000~Deaths[+R]*CO* on 2011-07-31 01:32 ]

Email Died~2000~Deaths[+R]*CC*
$yTHe {C?}
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2011-07-31 01:43   
guys you can make chat rooms that have passwords and then join them from in game. why does no one do this anymore

Ravendark
Marshal
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2011-07-31 12:59   
ok i see...devs taking shortcuts and everonye get way off... idea shut down i guess. let there be chaos

[ This Message was edited by: Ravendark [-BR-] on 2011-07-31 14:31 ]

Sardaukar
Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2011-07-31 20:41   
Quote:

On 2011-07-31 01:43, $yTHe {C?} wrote:
guys you can make chat rooms that have passwords and then join them from in game. why does no one do this anymore

. . . . wait, I had to reread that, Sythe is making an honest contribution. He's right, Why aren't we doing this anymore?

[ This Message was edited by: Sardaukar on 2011-07-31 20:41 ]

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-08-01 05:15   

Are we talking abt an ingame battle planning tool, or a lobby app with maps and crap?

Ravendark
Marshal
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2011-08-01 06:01   
i was talking about ingame tool. not lobby poop tool thing room with key... know why people dont use it? because you have to click and think more to find it. and anyone new or old comes in game is not going to check rooms and ask around if there is any..dont be so ridiciouls. if there were like 20 players online more or less constantly then sure, that would work, but is there 20 players in one faction online? constantly? no, and plan that is debated ingame and agreed on, wont stick around for anyone else to see for very long. i dont remember anyone repeating it everytime a new guy comes into play. thats why i think battle room is needed. it can be battle chat or battlegroup chat whatever the name, you get the point?

for example mickey, daffy and pluto go and attack the duckface faction. they are friends and can talk the plan out between themselfs however they want or can, by msn or ds lobby rooms whatever. but thats them, anyone else outside of this cycle is cut out. it has to observe and presume what are those wackos up to. it can ask. but why would they bother, they know that enough... then they fail and need backup and cuz noone knows the plan, noone responds correctly and they all die. or whatever...doesnt matter

lets say now that the battle chat is in game. they initiate it, write down the plan what to attack, what fleet is desired and what role specific ships should have, where to regroup and where to retreat, what do to in case of whatever. so that they can go in battle and anyone who joins the combat later, can just read all the details and what to do. so noone would have to stop in middle of combat and explain it again.
i know the cases i came to the battle field and then i had to turn back to change the ship, because by the time i got the proper information i was already at the battle field.

because now players just come pew pew a little and wander off. one moment you have tons of back up other moment you realize you are surrounded by enemy forces....and whatever you wanted to do then, fails, because only option is jump out, unless you have big balls of fire wich will consume whole system and you are suicidal

another example. a missions...wich are mentioned in every description of this game on websites, im sorry that is a LIE. what missions? its free for all. i get a mission to... err... umm....there is no mission, only in your head, your imaginations. the current "order/missin" system is poor. that battle-thing im suggesting would give the feel of somekind of actual mission.
for example, i sometimes want to fly with group of smaller ships to distract or harras enemy. but i dont want whole feel of others following me. i have to sit and spam the message about my intention and wait that enough ppl comes to me and wait until we have enough big numbers to do the plan... thats not a good way...ppl get tired of waiting. most of them are going to be afk by the time we are in numbers.
wouldnt it be easier if i could create a battle-thing-group-whatever and just go. and who ever wanted to join would join, and knew what is expected from him and what is the objective of this battle-group-thing. or if someone want to go into the pirate system cap some planets. ya know...you come in game and you chek the f2 situation, where is everyone, check what battle-whatevers are currently active, read their objectives and desired ships, and roles and wich roles are still empty and you join them. dig it? dig it? huh??

i already evolved the idea further i wont bother writin it down if its going to be pointed towards lobby and rooms and keys and stuff like that.... no point
[ This Message was edited by: Ravendark [-BR-] on 2011-08-01 06:16 ]

Page created in 0.019274 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR