No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/20/24 +11.3 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Tactics & New Players » » understanding planet changes to star ports and planet resorces
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author understanding planet changes to star ports and planet resorces
Subtilizer
Grand Admiral
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-10-09 10:38   
Quote:

On 2011-10-09 09:55, Thernhoghas (RO) wrote:
Quote:

On 2011-10-09 08:01, _SRM_Kenny wrote:

My expeirance suggests otherwise, could someone review the code perhaps.

So far, I NEVER encountered any situation that would even suggest that the res are divided.
Example: SY planet has 15 k res on it. Someplayer orders a dreadnought and another player orders a supply ship afterwards. Which ship is finished first?

IF the res were divided, the supply; otherwise a res division would be absolutly pointless

But you will see that the dread will be finished first, because it's the first ship in que.

[ This Message was edited by: _SRM_Kenny on 2011-10-09 10:45 ]

It was stated as i said in the dev log of a version long since passed. I don't keep a copy of them however.

NoBoDx
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-10-09 15:19   
http://web.archive.org/web/20100926120537/http://darkspace.net/index.htm?lang=en&module=log.php
link may not be working every time

see 1.536 - Release-Patchnotes
Quote:
- Shipyards now have build queues. If there are not enough resources on a planet to spawn your ship, then your ship is place into a queue. The Shipyard will consume all resources over 10k so long as there are ships in the build queue. Ships in the queue receive resources split among them, so a station will not prevent smaller ships from getting built. Only 10 ships at a time can be built by the yard, additional ships can be queued but construction will not begin until other ships are completed.
- Docked ships now cost zero resources to spawn at their currently docked location or a jump gate. They cost 10% of their build cost to spawn at another ship yard.
- Trade logic has been rewritten.
- New layout for Sagittarius.
- Structures no longer auto-repair on planets.
- Engineering ships can now repair structures and platforms.
- On spawning the players ship is saved to prevent ship loss if the server crashes.
- AI will now spawn at server loads up to 50%, previously they would stop spawning at 25% load.
- Enhancement buy window now stays active after buying an enhancement.
- New "Ally" enhancements can now be bought. This one use enhancement summons a AI controlled ship that accepts orders only from you. This AI will last for one hour or until your ship is destroyed or docks.
- Improved AI defend logic.
- Released: July 18th, 2010
- HOTFIX: Added option to disable right click actions.
- HOTFIX: Increase CPU load threshold for AI from 50% to 75%.
- Released: July 18th, 2010
- Further balance tweaks to Sagittarius:
Swapped in Tau Ceti in place of BD.
Moved Tau Ceti closer to the other systems.
Increased planet count in Tau and clustered individual planets to bring it in line with other faction home systems.
Fixed ICC factional spawner frequency to align with the other factions.
Further tightened R33 clusters.
Added resource flags to a couple planets which were missing them.
- HOTFIX: Fixed AI transports.
- Added new Destroyer layouts
- Released: July 20th, 2010

[ This Message was edited by: NoBoDx on 2011-10-09 15:23 ]

Thernhoghas
Grand Admiral
Exathra Alliance Fleet

Posted: 2011-10-09 17:20   
[quote]

On 2011-10-09 15:19, NoBoDx wrote:
http://web.archive.org/web/20100926120537/http://darkspace.net/index.htm?lang=en&module=log.php
link may not be working every time

see 1.536 - Release-Patchnotes
Quote:
- Shipyards now have build queues. If there are not enough resources on a planet to spawn your ship, then your ship is place into a queue. The Shipyard will consume all resources over 10k so long as there are ships in the build queue. Ships in the queue receive resources split among them, so a station will not prevent smaller ships from getting built. Only 10 ships at a time can be built by the yard, additional ships can be queued but construction will not begin until other ships are completed.

this is confusing me *-*

I'll take a closer look at it and will try to explain why/how it works in practice tomorrow

as it is written there a que'd CD and a HC que'd after it should both be completed after they have recieved 250 k res (I'm calculating with full extractor loads only) which is completely contrary to my ingame experience *-*

Gejaheline
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2011-10-10 04:23   
Quote:

Translation:
1: If you try to spawn a ship at a shipyard that doesn't have enough resources, you'll get a "ship added to build queue" message and the ship will be added to a list of ships that are being built at that shipyard.
2: A shipyard can have ten ships in a queue at once. If I recall correctly, if you try to build another ship and you don't have enough resources, the first ship will be cancelled and the second one will be added instead. A single player can't have more than one ship under construction at once.
3: When the planet that the shipyard is built on has more than 10k resources in reserve, due to mining or having resources dropped on it, it will use those resources in shipbuilding. All ships in the queue will receive an even distribution of resources, so if you drop 50k on the planet with two ships queued up both ships get 25k each.
4: When a ship has enough resources to complete it, the ship will appear in that player's garage and they'll get a notification.

Thernhoghas
Grand Admiral
Exathra Alliance Fleet

Posted: 2011-10-10 09:43   
Quote:

Translation:
1: If you try to spawn a ship at a shipyard that doesn't have enough resources, you'll get a "ship added to build queue" message and the ship will be added to a list of ships that are being built at that shipyard.
2: A shipyard can have ten ships in a queue at once. If I recall correctly, if you try to build another ship and you don't have enough resources, the first ship will be cancelled and the second one will be added instead. A single player can't have more than one ship under construction at once.
3: When the planet that the shipyard is built on has more than 10k resources in reserve, due to mining or having resources dropped on it, it will use those resources in shipbuilding. All ships in the queue will receive an even distribution of resources, so if you drop 50k on the planet with two ships queued up both ships get 25k each.
4: When a ship has enough resources to complete it, the ship will appear in that player's garage and they'll get a notification.

I'm still confused *-*

well, since the basics are clear now, I'll just accept what is written here and stop thinking about the details and blah

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.016057 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR