No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.8 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » General Support » » A few glitches in 1.67 not present in beta
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author A few glitches in 1.67 not present in beta
Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2011-07-24 19:25   
We've known about the spontaneous mining beam deactivation for quite a while and it's still around, but now jumps are spontaneously aborting mid flight while nowhere near any Interdictor. I've had it happen twice today in Luyten, I'll plot a jump and sometimes I simply drop out of FTL with the "jump aborted" message when my hands were nowhere near the J key.

I've only had it happen with longer distance jumps, but whether it has something to do with jump length or whether it's just less likely to happen with shorter jumps because you aren't in FTL as long I can't say.

I've also had missiles be invisible despite running 3 ECCM, I can see the missile trails but the missiles themselves are invisible and unable to be PDed. This did not happen in beta with missile tests that I participated in, if there was ECCM running you could target them.

Damage updates sometimes lag behind and you can suddenly go from full hull to dead in a split second, similar to when desynch was rampant and health values displayed wrongly quite often.

Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-07-24 19:42   
i can confrim all those bugs stated above except the mining beams. i already had a few deaths where on my end im cloaked and escaping with decent amount of hull and poof im dead. my lastone this morning i had 90% hull and a few healthy armor arcs and i blew up.

Email Borgie
CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-07-24 20:17   
in beta i had my jump fail a few times due to folowing a target over 20kgu away.

I was never able to make it happen more than three times so i never reported it assuming that it was due to my connection

Yea MV im having trouble even seeing IT missiles untill their right on top of me dispite calling out to the fleet to turn on eccm.
[ This Message was edited by: *XO*Defiance on 2011-07-24 20:18 ]

Faustus
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2011-07-24 20:43   
Quote:

On 2011-07-24 19:25, Talien wrote:
We've known about the spontaneous mining beam deactivation for quite a while and it's still around, but now jumps are spontaneously aborting mid flight while nowhere near any Interdictor. I've had it happen twice today in Luyten, I'll plot a jump and sometimes I simply drop out of FTL with the "jump aborted" message when my hands were nowhere near the J key.

I've only had it happen with longer distance jumps, but whether it has something to do with jump length or whether it's just less likely to happen with shorter jumps because you aren't in FTL as long I can't say.

I've also had missiles be invisible despite running 3 ECCM, I can see the missile trails but the missiles themselves are invisible and unable to be PDed. This did not happen in beta with missile tests that I participated in, if there was ECCM running you could target them.

Damage updates sometimes lag behind and you can suddenly go from full hull to dead in a split second, similar to when desynch was rampant and health values displayed wrongly quite often.

Found a possible cause for the random jump aborts... next update should have a fix.

Goto the website of Faustus
-Shadowalker-™
Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2011-07-24 21:34   
Also, another glitch, when building, when you click on a structure, and then click an upgrade for it instead of scraping and building better; the engie will take the reasources from the planet but the structure will not upgrade. Sometimes but clicking off and reselecting it, it will work but sometimes it wont.

I can't tell if it is a glitch or a de-sync issue, but I am leaning towards glitch.

Email -Shadowalker-™
Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-07-24 22:28   
i also noticed a small bug with power, when slowing down while your power is charging you will lose a few points off your power bar. ( ie if your power is say at 130, when you slow down it will drop it down to 128)

Email Borgie
SpaceAdmiral
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-07-24 22:46   
I still have the "no one shooting me but I'm RAPIDLY losing armor and health" bug. Maybe my client isn't registering that a luthie decloaked on me and is shooting me to bits?

Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2011-07-25 00:46   
Quote:

On 2011-07-24 22:46, SpaceAdmiral wrote:
I still have the "no one shooting me but I'm RAPIDLY losing armor and health" bug. Maybe my client isn't registering that a luthie decloaked on me and is shooting me to bits?

Make sure DarkSpace is running on one core by using "Set Affinity" on DarkSpaceClient.exe in the task manager. If it's not, go into DS Setup, tick "Enable Multicore", hit ok, then go back in and disable it. That should clear the issue.

SpaceAdmiral
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-07-25 01:00   
Quote:

On 2011-07-25 00:46, Pantheon wrote:
Quote:

Make sure DarkSpace is running on one core by using "Set Affinity" on DarkSpaceClient.exe in the task manager. If it's not, go into DS Setup, tick "Enable Multicore", hit ok, then go back in and disable it. That should clear the issue.

Ehh I'm not too good with computers so I have a few questions:
1. Task Manager as in the ctrl+alt+delete one?
2. Is the DarkSpaceClient.exe in applications or processes?
3. So if it is not multi core, I enable multi core then disable it in the task manager?

EDIT: (don't want to just make a new post for this):
Thanks

[ This Message was edited by: SpaceAdmiral on 2011-07-25 01:03 ]

Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2011-07-25 01:01   
Quote:

On 2011-07-25 01:00, SpaceAdmiral wrote:
Quote:

On 2011-07-25 00:46, Pantheon wrote:
Quote:

Ehh I'm not too good with computers so I have a few questions:
1. Task Manager as in the ctrl+alt+delete one?
2. Is the DarkSpaceClient.exe in applications or processes?
3. So if it is not multi core, I enable multi core then disable it in the task manager?

Correct, DarkSpaceClient.exe will be in processes when DS is running. Alternatively, you can just enable and disable multicore support in setup (remember to hit OK and exit setup each time).

*FTL*Soulless
Marshal

Posted: 2011-07-25 01:38   
Keep getting missles that are untargatable even with ECCM or scanners running in the area

Email *FTL*Soulless
SpaceAdmiral
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-07-25 01:44   
Quote:

On 2011-07-25 01:38, Soulless *ADM* wrote:
Keep getting missles that are untargatable even with ECCM or scanners running in the area

Funny, I've had someone shoot sparrows at me that were untargateable, but pd shot them down. No ecm in the area. Maybe my previous single/multicore confusion again?

Thernhoghas
Grand Admiral
Exathra Alliance Fleet

Posted: 2011-07-25 02:27   
Quote:

On 2011-07-24 21:34, -Shadowalker-™ wrote:
Also, another glitch, when building, when you click on a structure, and then click an upgrade for it instead of scraping and building better; the engie will take the reasources from the planet but the structure will not upgrade. Sometimes but clicking off and reselecting it, it will work but sometimes it wont.

I can't tell if it is a glitch or a de-sync issue, but I am leaning towards glitch.

that glitch has been around for a while.

as far as I experienced it, the res will reappear sometime later.

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2011-07-25 03:41   
Multi-core, for some reason, has been enabled on the client for a few players. Please enable multi-core in options, hit ok, then go back in and unselect it again. Players with an Out-Of-Order processor will find that the client will fall out of sync quickly, and odd things will happen.

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2011-07-25 08:52   
Quote:

On 2011-07-24 21:34, -Shadowalker-™ wrote:

It has to do with the research displaying the wrong value, your client thinks it's higher than it actually is so it lets you build but serverside it's lower so it doesn't actually start building or take resources, if you exit the F3 menu and go back in after a short time you'll see the resources back on the planet.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.022426 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR