No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +1.3 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

1st - Alamode

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » measurement systems
 Author measurement systems
Ravendark
Marshal
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2011-07-19 10:58   
just had a tiny idea.

like somekind of measurment tool (in F2 ofcourse), or something. for example if you observe some specific object (lets say blue balls) in f2 screen, and you lock your view on it, would allow you to see distance to other objects from perspective of blue balls.
ability to put markers and stuff would be cool too. ofcourse marker would be client based, no package traffic for that. ofcourse with option you could send it to your teammates if needed.

Panduh
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-07-19 11:34   
waypoints

Rebellion
Marshal
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-07-19 13:27   
This has been suggested in many forms for quite some time and the devs were semi-receptive but it was not on the top of thare todo-list, i have a feeling its going to stay that way at least for now.

I personaly think its a great idea to have waypoints or just a way for a player to "Mark up" his map such as placeing lines or markers and maybe even labels that a player can place for himself, most of this would have to be client-side but some could be incorperated so that other players could see a waypoint that another players places could be a great help though kinda hard to implement.

-Crzy

\"War does not decide who is right, but who is left\"
\"I stopped fighting my inner demons we're on the same side now\"

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2011-07-19 13:31   
The only thing I'd like to see as far as visible map markers/waypoints is marking targets for orders in F2, it's hard to use the order system effectively when the other person has to search for where they're supposed to go if it's not an "attack this enemy right next to you" order.

Faustus
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2011-07-19 20:31   
Quote:

On 2011-07-19 13:31, Talien wrote:
The only thing I'd like to see as far as visible map markers/waypoints is marking targets for orders in F2, it's hard to use the order system effectively when the other person has to search for where they're supposed to go if it's not an "attack this enemy right next to you" order.

Holding down control should let you create a manual target point, then you can order another ship to GOTO that location I thought.

Goto the website of Faustus
Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2011-07-19 20:51   
It does, but the other person doesn't see the marker, they just get an order to go to a set of coordinates and have to manually search for it on their F2 screen.

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-07-19 20:56   
Quote:

On 2011-07-19 20:31, Faustus wrote:

Holding down control should let you create a manual target point, then you can order another ship to GOTO that location I thought.

Correct. I do this all the time with AI Scouts/Frigs if I need them to hop around in search of enemy ships that escaped.

Ravendark
Marshal
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2011-07-20 02:31   
yeees...now that you mention it. coordniates. i dont know how to find come coordniates. really i have map twisted so much that whne i move mouse horizonally over the screen both values change. im to lazy to take time and start figuring out wich way is for wich axis. it shtere a ways to use this more efficently?

Page created in 0.012347 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR