No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 Now

Search

Anniversaries

1st - Alamode

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » [1.670] Release Candidate 1 Testing and Feedback
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
 Author [1.670] Release Candidate 1 Testing and Feedback
CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-07-19 00:23   
Im noticing scanner does nothing exept reveal structure locations on enemy planets..

Used to they were good for detecting Astroids, rescources, fighters, and missiles.

Am i the only one that its not working for?

*FTL*Soulless
Marshal

Posted: 2011-07-19 01:03   
Quote:

On 2011-07-19 00:23, Defiance*XO* wrote:
Im noticing scanner does nothing exept reveal structure locations on enemy planets..

Used to they were good for detecting Astroids, rescources, fighters, and missiles.

Am i the only one that its not working for?

Yeah had that too...Was trying use it to target AI camping in clusters

Email *FTL*Soulless
Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2011-07-19 06:56   
Bug: MV is still not in the shape of my face.

Bug: I put my pants on just like the rest of you - one leg at a time - but it still needs more gaifen.

Email Shigernafy
Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-07-19 10:08   
Quote:

On 2011-07-19 00:18, -Shadowalker-™ wrote:
Quote:

On 2011-07-18 22:50, Borgie wrote:
players are unable to pd shroud missles but ai can.
[ This Message was edited by: -Shadowalker-™ on 2011-07-19 00:21 ]

Affter that test in beta... wow, shroud missles are incredibly powerful, against anything below station its insane, self-destructing isnt even an option, in an Combat Dread, it would be faster to sit there and take it... crusiers get pummeld, didnt even try anything below, plus, everything that i threw at him, missles torps, ions... everything didnt seem to make up for the missles, borgie was in a hive...

nurf, desperatly needs a nurf, unless you have a ton eccm and a truckload of pd, your screwed

btw, i mean the damage, splash is insane too, one volley of missles hit my Strike crusier on the side, with full shields, and still killed me, my front sheilds were close to being gone.

unless this is intended(then im fine with it) other wise tone down the damage a tad bit

well it was more like 3 volleys that hit ya, also i noticed once you put your 1 eccm that the combat dred had my missles were no longer effective.

Email Borgie
seyyah
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-07-19 10:15   
With new layouts supply ships will become more needed in battle because of stations immobility but they will have really hard time in battle because of not being able to defend themselves and low defense power. Supply ships in .660 are have the ability to cover themselves from small ships like frigates and corvettes and with defense power able to survive from strikes of heavier ships... But in .670 they've lost both weapons and armors and all of them are still flying like a brick. And the problem of "Big Ships Everywhere" which demoralizes players to use small ships, will make people dont want to fly with them.
Even with current layouts on .660 they are makes weak from battle intended ships as they being support units but in .670 they have become snacks for even smallest ships. Especially luth heavy supplies (adv. and ult.) dont have rear armors and heavy supply ships which have weaker armor than their lighter counterparts which are also lack on weaponry.
So giving them some more armor or higher defence with a little more weapon armament or leaving them as the way in .660 would be better for that ships.
That ships are made for instant and emergency supply in battlefield, but with weak defense ability they cant properly do their work.

(Sorry for mistakes in grammar and spelling if there's.)

former Roukanken

Alcedo
Chief Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2011-07-19 10:58   
I am noticing flux beams do very little system damage against Kluth ships in Beta.

Tested with both an EAD and Torpedo Cruiser against a Siphon and Scale (when both were hulled). Only when hull reaches very low percentages do they seem to damage a few systems and these repair in a matter of seconds.

Email Alcedo
CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-07-19 12:22   
This has little to do with 1.670 but....

A while back tael resized some of ICC's ships to be "to scale". He got scouts, frigates, destroyers, and one cruiser.

So now we have, scouts nearly the same size as other factions frigates.

Frigates larger than supply ships and nearly as large as other factions destroyers

Destoryers nearly as large as other factions Cruisers,

and a cruiser nearly the size of a dreadnaught...

One of ICC's advantages is its manuverabiliity. While the size change does not affect manuverability per say, it does decrease the % of fire you can dodge.

Point.

Bring the rest of the ships in DS in line with this. Finish scaling?

Would help missiles ability to track targets. Would put an end to the increase missile turning, or decrease ship turning arguments.
[ This Message was edited by: Defiance*XO* on 2011-07-19 12:23 ]

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-07-19 12:34   

OK, so I spent a couple of hours in beta.

Just some observations.

- Missile ships are now very powerful if used right, and protected. Which is good.
- Stations, especially the Support stations, are now true Support units and are no longer immortal battletanks that heal like Wolverine. They'll need dread or BS/LS support to stay alive or viable. Again, good.
- Kluth armor is now no longer speed-repped by AHR. To Kluth players, this of course presents new challenges to returning to combat fast. But for overall game balance, we could call this good.

Next,
Missile tracking still sucks. I had a full salvo of LDMs closing in on me in my dread. And i did was to make a slight nudge to the left and they passed right behind me. Bad.

Also, we know that missiles have a minimum firing range. But that can be bypassed by firing at a point in space behind your target. That's good for skilled players.

How about a minimum arming distance for missiles? It doesn't have to be the same as minimum firing distance. But it could be set to 100 or 200 gus perhaps? Real life subs have a min arming distance for their torps... sometimes 1000 yards.... to avoid the firing ship being damaged or destroyed by their own weaps.

A min arming dist would avoid missile ships being used as point-blank Rambo-ships. Especially those loaded with T3 missiles coming in to finish off a wounded enemy.

Just some food for thought.

Sixkiller
Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2011-07-19 12:47   
Quote:

On 2011-07-18 19:04, Talien wrote:
Quote:

On 2011-07-18 18:16, µOmniVore wrote:

also on a side note i don't like the DC on stations i see if it was on every other ship save support ships and support stations, i think it would be better served as a general repair device for all combat ships instead of just stations.

This I can agree on, why is it station only? At least change the name if it's going to stay station only, maybe advanced damage control?

Heavy damage control?

The Fridge
Chief Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2011-07-19 12:52   
The Ganglia needs a beam or 2 removed as it can stop a whole salvo of missiles form a MD or Support station.

Not sure on the MD's capablity to do the same but it might need the same treatment as the Ganglia.

Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-07-19 13:27   
Quote:

On 2011-07-19 12:52, The Fridge wrote:
The Ganglia needs a beam or 2 removed as it can stop a whole salvo of missiles form a MD or Support station.

Not sure on the MD's capablity to do the same but it might need the same treatment as the Ganglia.

the gang can always counter a md with cloak. leave the beam load out alone. also if your using a md to fight luth dreds then you have just failed.
[ This Message was edited by: Borgie on 2011-07-19 13:27 ]

Email Borgie
Alcedo
Chief Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2011-07-19 13:29   
There is some grammar mistakes in the description of the shroud missiles.

Email Alcedo
Faustus
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2011-07-19 14:03   
Quote:

On 2011-07-19 12:34, Kenny_Naboo[+R] wrote:

OK, so I spent a couple of hours in beta.

Just some observations.

- Missile ships are now very powerful if used right, and protected. Which is good.
- Stations, especially the Support stations, are now true Support units and are no longer immortal battletanks that heal like Wolverine. They'll need dread or BS/LS support to stay alive or viable. Again, good.
- Kluth armor is now no longer speed-repped by AHR. To Kluth players, this of course presents new challenges to returning to combat fast. But for overall game balance, we could call this good.

Next,
Missile tracking still sucks. I had a full salvo of LDMs closing in on me in my dread. And i did was to make a slight nudge to the left and they passed right behind me. Bad.

Also, we know that missiles have a minimum firing range. But that can be bypassed by firing at a point in space behind your target. That's good for skilled players.

How about a minimum arming distance for missiles? It doesn't have to be the same as minimum firing distance. But it could be set to 100 or 200 gus perhaps? Real life subs have a min arming distance for their torps... sometimes 1000 yards.... to avoid the firing ship being damaged or destroyed by their own weaps.

A min arming dist would avoid missile ships being used as point-blank Rambo-ships. Especially those loaded with T3 missiles coming in to finish off a wounded enemy.

Just some food for thought.

Incorrect, missiles already have an arm time, their velocity & arm time is used to calculate the min distance... so even if you did a manual target, the missile still won't cause any damage if it hits before it's arm time.

-F

Goto the website of Faustus
The Fridge
Chief Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2011-07-19 14:26   
Quote:

On 2011-07-19 13:27, Borgie wrote:

the gang can always counter a md with cloak. leave the beam load out alone. also if your using a md to fight luth dreds then you have just failed.

I was the Ganglia and No ship unless it's a dedicated PD should be able to negate a missile salvo from the MD.

Your Ball.

Edit: Stations fall in the Dedicated PD Catagory.
[ This Message was edited by: The Fridge on 2011-07-19 14:28 ]

µOmniVore
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-07-19 14:42   
As posted above support ships although they are not combat ships they should have enough armor and defenses to survive long enough to do their job.

Email µOmniVore
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
Page created in 0.021002 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR