Combat Kills

Combat kills in last 24 hours:
No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

Search

Anniversaries

1st - Alamode

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Two New Suggestions....
 Author Two New Suggestions....
SaturnShadow™ *FC*(Angel Of Darkness)
Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2011-07-18 11:05   
now the first suggestion I will talk about is Ship scaling now the current scale of ships is good but have you ever thought about scaling them alittle more now here is a list of how i see it as (for ugto but will apply for the other factions too) but THIS WONT MEAN CHANGING HP values

now for the most part all ships in one hull class are all the same size correct so when you pull up next to lets say your friend is in a carrier dread and your in a EAD you pull up next to your friend and what you see is that they are both the same size this is what id like to change and here is the list from smallest to largest (just by using dreads a the base of things and could work for the other hull classes)

Carrier Dread (stays the same size as is)
Aggie Dread (stays the same size as its hull is different)
Command Dread (slightly larger than the Carrier Dread)
Battle Dread (slightly larger than the Command Dread)
Elite Assault Dread (slightly larger than the Battle Dread)

this is so when you pull up in your EAD next to a Carrier dread they wont look the same this also helps show that the EAD has to enlarge its self for the oversized weapon mounts (so to speak) this also when you think of it fits better with the amount of resources it needs to spawn the dread
this will work for the other hulls as well

this second suggestion came when i saw that the stations got lets say a unique gadget now if we could do that for the stations why not for each of the other hull classes i do have afew examples to go with this as well

to start off this list is:

Scouts as it says its a scout why not give it a passive (always on) gadget called increased vision where its normal vision range is i think 5k yes well maybe with this gadget give it an extended vision range of lets say 6 to 8k range

yes its a short list but if you can come up with the unique gadgets for the rest then that would be good

now im done suggesting over to you

µOmniVore
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-07-18 11:12   
I like your idea just that it would be better if Carrier ships are larger than their combat oriented brothers, but it would also be nice to rescale all ships as a means to differentiate them from one another. Also different models for all missile and carrier ships in game would make for a better gaming experience.

Bombers - get a Planet devistation bomb unique to Dread bombers/ or a weapon that causes more damage to planet shields.

Missile ships - get fire and forget missiles/dummy missiles or strong dumb fire rockets

Combat ships - get a weapon that has a chance to damage a ships engines

Carrier - become more of a support type of ship getting reload drones and an AoE repair

Command ships - should get bonus time when ordering AI to defend or protect.

Stations - should get a repulser field that can push dreads and under away from the station while also doing minimal damage to internal systems.

Mine layer ships - should have a new mine that once dropped follows the ships that drops it. (liek in Galaxy Quest when they killed that ship with mine that they were dragging)

would be fun if this was possible
also i think all planets should have shields across all factions you can just make the ICC planet shield Gen cheaper with the requirements since they have more advanced tech in that area.
[ This Message was edited by: µOmniVore on 2011-07-18 11:23 ]

Email µOmniVore
Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-07-18 11:38   

The ships already have their lengths defined. What we're waiting for is for the models to be correctly scaled against each other.

Admiral Kamikaze Bacon
Fleet Admiral
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2011-07-18 14:01   
I think it would be cool to have a weapon that creates a temporary gravitational pull/repulsion field that linearly affects ships within a 1-1.5kgu radius. You could use this to draw ships into a trap (like those pesky dessies) or use it to keep hostile ships at a distance to protect yourself (like an MC).

SpaceAdmiral
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-07-18 14:41   
Well all of the UGTO dreads are technically the same hull. In the lore when the Aggy first became useless they tried to find a better model. They got a slightly larger (I think) and more combat oriented Aggy. (Carrier Dreadnought) However, the designer said it was purposely modular to fufill many roles. (Battle, Command, Elite Assault)

Aaron Lienhardt
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2011-07-18 15:36   
a repulsion field is great but i think that the devs would say: a repulsion field means that when its activated it pushes or pulls other ships, that also means that the game computer must calculate where the ships r headed and where will the end up, which will be alot of work and will cause lag and slow game speed and needs more money etc...

i know that a dev would come and say that...any time now

Yes!!! we got here before the damn luthies!! who wants to celebrate?

*Obsidian Shadow*
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-07-18 15:45   
Quote:

On 2011-07-18 15:36, Alan star wrote:
a repulsion field is great but i think that the devs would say: a repulsion field means that when its activated it pushes or pulls other ships, that also means that the game computer must calculate where the ships r headed and where will the end up, which will be alot of work and will cause lag and slow game speed and needs more money etc...

i know that a dev would come and say that...any time now

but it's a valid point... the server isn't particularly top spec you know

Gejaheline
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2011-07-18 17:51   
Quote:

On 2011-07-18 15:45, *Obsidian Shadow* wrote:

but it's a valid point... the server isn't particularly top spec you know

No, what the developers would say is that it's perfectly fine server-load-wise, but it's not fine having both everyone's clients and the server trying to do the same calculations at slightly different times due to network latency and ending up with people being in different places according to different people, i.e. mass desynchronisation.

Page created in 0.013077 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR