Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +3.6 Days

Search

Anniversaries

16th - Jameason
14th - Random Axis

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Beta Testing Discussion » » 1.670 Stations
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author 1.670 Stations
Admiral C. Wilson
Admiral

Posted: 2011-07-18 09:41   
Quote:

On 2011-07-18 01:47, SpaceAdmiral wrote:
Whats damage control?

Its a little room on any ship/station that has one job, to tell the captain/admiral whats been destroyed or damaged and to send damage control teams to fix said damage.

Email Admiral C. Wilson
CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-07-18 10:18   
Me and Enterprise talked over a great number of my worries for 1.67

1. I believe that although the Hive can repair its hull to 100% in five minutes this is not a problem. While hull does repair insain fast, the armor does not. A station without armor is a dead station.

2. Gangala dispite seemingly having no weakness, actualy does. ECCM/scanner will light up the shouds for you to shoot them down. This negates its long range firepower. Its close and medium range firepower are more for defense than offense. A CDread or ADread can easily over power it in close quarters.

3. Even though AHR can pe reloaded by shipboard reload drones now, this is not an issue. AHR no longer repairs armor at all. A near infinate supply of AHR does next to nothing for the ships survivability in the face of 1.67's dread damage output.

I can back these claims with facts or demonstrations upon request.

Anyone wanting to test anything in Beta who needs a partner, Im more than willing to help. I try to remain unbias and openminded.

Remember the bain of Shroud is EW cover. (more than one)

MarineKingPrime
Marshal
Exathra Alliance Fleet

Posted: 2011-07-18 13:48   
Quote:
We feel this was acceptable considering their rather weak status.

Kluth aren't weak, they offset their weak armor through cloak, faster jumpdrives and superior firepower.

Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2011-07-18 14:00   
Quote:

On 2011-07-18 13:48, Chef Boyardee's Hamburger Assassin wrote:
Quote:
We feel this was acceptable considering their rather weak status.

Kluth aren't weak, they offset their weak armor through cloak, faster jumpdrives and superior firepower.

You seem to be taking it out of context - it wasn't at k'luth in general are weak, but that k'luth stations are currently weaker then they should be.

[ This Message was edited by: Major Rob on 2011-07-18 14:00 ]

Tommas [ USF HunnyBunny ]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-07-18 15:14   
Good idea with the removal of reload drones on stations except Supply.

However i see the kluth side with Damage control and AHR a tad to much. Id rather see something else added on luth side instead of two AHR. As pointed above, Luth have lost its armor repair so why do we need two ahr`s for hull?

DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-07-18 16:47   
Agree with Tommas. 2 AHR makes Hive so durable.

It sucks when command station loses mining beam. I can bare engineer without mining beam but command station is totally different. Seriously, it should be fine with 1 build drone and 1 mining beam, instead of 2 build drone and none mining beam. Simply you can't build anything without resource. And please, even I kill AI, moving this slow turtle to get the resource is the pain when capturing planet.

Besides, why does SCB need 2 ECCM? 1 ECCM is enough. It needs a scanner to detect far away ship to launch fighter.

Btw, I would love if AoE field is going to be more transperant. They're really making 1.67 too green. With some moving SS nearby, the game looks freaky eye-ache with those fields. Station plus dico shall draw a complete 3D I guess.

By removing repair drone, I would love to see stations have 5.0 gu speed again. They're not all-in-one multitasking giant anymore. I believe stations are more fragile and less useful. They need better speed to escape. ESCAPE.

The Fridge also stated that stations didn't lose energy when staying in defense mode. With 8 aux gen, I could alpha & defense mode in LS and didn't lose any energy at all.

I had a duel with Ray. I was in LS and he's in UGTO SS. Ray said UGTO SS can defeat LS, I didn't believe but the duel hint me that was possible. Ray's UGTO SS had no enhancement while I had 7 ADU & Benchford, 4 reactive shield & 8 aux gen and PFE. Until duel interference, I was at 80 hull, 100 armor and he's at 70 hull, 0 armor. We were fighting within 150gu. Although I doubt if I had been using 4 active shield & 4 shield aux and stay within 350-150gu, the result might have been better, but the real fight stated that ICC LS was still not powerful enough. This test says that the gap of firepower between QST & IC needs to be closer.
[ This Message was edited by: chlorophyll on 2011-07-18 17:50 ]

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-07-18 17:41   
ok, I tend to agree with this idea of a builder having a mining beam by which to pull res to build with. Seems really abscent on a CS to not have one.

On station speed....I am on the side of them having to be tractored, as opposed to having a drive at all. If they go 3 gu or 5 gu, tbh, it's such a minute difference it doesnt matter, with one exception: can it get thru its own generated wh opening? If it can, Im happy if it just barely makes it. They should be more fleet dependant, and they are only needing to do this escaping if they are on their own (mostly).
[ This Message was edited by: Azreal on 2011-07-18 17:45 ]

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
µOmniVore
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-07-18 18:25   
Quote:

On 2011-07-18 16:47, chlorophyll wrote:

I had a duel with Ray. I was in LS and he's in UGTO SS. Ray said UGTO SS can defeat LS, I didn't believe but the duel hint me that was possible. Ray's UGTO SS had no enhancement while I had 7 ADU & Benchford, 4 reactive shield & 8 aux gen and PFE. Until duel interference, I was at 80 hull, 100 armor and he's at 70 hull, 0 armor. We were fighting within 150gu. Although I doubt if I had been using 4 active shield & 4 shield aux and stay within 350-150gu, the result might have been better, but the real fight stated that ICC LS was still not powerful enough. This test says that the gap of firepower between QST & IC needs to be closer.

I also think the Ion cannons need a buff they may be faster and hit at longer range but they cause next to nothing damage w/o enhancements

Line station since it has no missiles or fighters needs cannons ions are fast but not good against small ships i think it was a mistake removing all the cannons from most ships, this needs to be addressed or atleast make something that can increase dmg v smaller faster ships

Email µOmniVore
Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2011-07-18 18:48   
Quote:

On 2011-07-18 07:42, Azreal wrote:
Tested yesterday.

ICC SS.

I used all def power enhancements. I used the 2x repair. I had a combat supply. I had 30 supply plats, and was in range to stack 3 depots at once. Used reactives and aux gens, alternating with def mode.

Basically, I tried to see what a solo stat could pull off. How close to the current depot mess we have. I figured the ICC SS to be probably the most abusable stat of them all with the new setup, so that's why I chose it.

It wasn't comparable to what we see in mv now, as far as survivablility in the MV - with one exception. The new 1/4 arc armor. Stats for ICC currently use a single armor wrap, preventing the ability to "rotate" armor. In 1.67 they have been brought in line with other stations, and divided the arcs into quarters.

Had two dreads work me over at once. A Krill and a EAD (I think it was). They outran the repping of all of that. by the time I rotated the forth time, I went boom. Basically, when they got thru to hull, the hull rate reps were so slow, that it was over very fast at that point.

And that is with a very specific, special setup that won't be found in MV in too many places.

Also, again, add one ship to the repairs being done, and immediately that stat begins to recieve less supply love.

Actually it was an EAD, TC, Siphon, and Ganglia all shooting at you at once. But yeah, still shows you can't depot/supply tank with that setup, although I would like to see that repeated with a UGTO SS and a Hive just to compare.

Quote:

On 2011-07-18 16:47, chlorophyll wrote:

If a LS is losing to a SS 1v1 in beta then someone is doing something wrong. Use pulse instead of CL for PD and the missiles will almost never make it to you, they will be shot down close to 100% of the time. I tested this with Omnivore yesterday and I never so much as lost shields, I was in a LS with 4x reactives and 8x aux power while he had a full load of enh on his SS and his QST couldn't keep up with reactives on defense mode+shield rotation, which I could do without losing too much energy while firing IC and PDing incoming missiles. I also moved away from him to keep him from getting into HCL range.

Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2011-07-18 19:29   
Reactive shields have NO-WHERE near the hp of Actives, it's no-wonder you got beaten by a UGTO SS if you were using Reactives.

SpaceAdmiral
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-07-18 20:46   
Ion cannons may seem a bit light on damage, but the fact that they are they fastest projectiles in game is not to be ignored. This, combined with the fact that luth small ships have paper armor and the fact that ugto ships are the least manueverable allows ICC large ships to have to rely less on allied small ships to hit enemy small ships. If we buff it too much then we are looking at stations and dreads that can hit and kill both small ships and large ships in many situations.

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2011-07-18 20:55   
Quote:

On 2011-07-18 17:41, Azreal wrote:
ok, I tend to agree with this idea of a builder having a mining beam by which to pull res to build with. Seems really abscent on a CS to not have one.

On station speed....I am on the side of them having to be tractored, as opposed to having a drive at all. If they go 3 gu or 5 gu, tbh, it's such a minute difference it doesnt matter, with one exception: can it get thru its own generated wh opening? If it can, Im happy if it just barely makes it. They should be more fleet dependant, and they are only needing to do this escaping if they are on their own (mostly).
[ This Message was edited by: General Zod on 2011-07-18 21:00 ]

Not a bad idea but we'd have to re-examine DS's basic concept of the station. Is it a ship, or a station? If it's a station, a true immobile base station, then it's a faction's focal point in a system. It's massive, able to fully repair and resupply fleets, and should take an entire fleet to destroy. Think how other games treat stations. In every other space game I've played stations are either AI only (like towns or cities in other MMOs) or are player built but can't be flown or anything like that - they're used to defend systems, store items, mine resources, repair ships etc.

Unfortunately DS does not have enough PvE or other reasons to make "flying" an immobile base fun.

Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-07-18 21:23   
human stations hull repair is a bit too fast. between volleys it can regen 1% hull with just self repair and its self repair drone, not the aoe repair.

Email Borgie
DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-07-19 11:47   
Quote:
On 2011-07-18 19:29, Pantheon wrote:
Reactive shields have NO-WHERE near the hp of Actives, it's no-wonder you got beaten by a UGTO SS if you were using Reactives.

Jim told me that reactive shield has lower HP but higher regen. However after the fight, I notice that reactive and active tends to have the same repair rate with defense mode.

I think AFE might be the default engine for ICC stations. ICC stations have 4 aux gen, enough for long lasting defense mode - as Jim designs. Now it just needs higher energy capacity to store and prepare for the battle.

NoBoDx
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-07-19 12:29   
id like to have something like this for stations

every station have both, wormhole and normal warp-drive, but on the same cooldown

the normal speed should be chosen, so the station can move through its wormhole just before it closed again ( the last thing that comes through should be the ship which created it)

why both, wormhole and normal warp ?
the current system place the exitpoint somewhere in a 3k radius around the target to avoid fishing
with both devices the player have the ability to make accurate jumps (eg to warpgates, planets) alone or inaccurate jumps but with a fleet of other players

edit: added some forgotten words, been late

[ This Message was edited by: NoBoDx on 2011-07-21 14:05 ]

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.027749 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR