Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.6 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Relient
19th - Entil-Zha the Starkiller

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » General Support » » Returning Player
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author Returning Player
Drachenfels[1RA]
Cadet

Posted: 2011-07-13 16:41   
Greetings all,

I'm a rather old player from about 8 years back that's intending to return back to Darkspace. I'm just curious, I logged back in onto my profile to take a look and though all my stats and badges are still there, my Prestige is at 0 and my rank is at Cadet, when I had stopped playing as a 1st Rear Admiral.

Was there a prestige/rank wipe, and is it still possible to get my old rank back?

Thanks!

Rebellion
Marshal
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-07-13 16:49   

Welcome back, have fun

\"War does not decide who is right, but who is left\"
\"I stopped fighting my inner demons we're on the same side now\"

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-07-13 16:49   
i believe if you log into the MV, your rank will be updated.

apate
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2011-07-13 16:52   
Welcome back.

Email apate
Drachenfels[1RA]
Cadet

Posted: 2011-07-13 16:59   
Hey,

Thanks a lot for the quick replies guys! While I'm waiting for the client to download, I noticed that DS has gotten significantly better graphics since the last time I logged on, and that despite the servers now being reduced to 2, there's quite a number of online players still. I'm curious, is the lagplague still around, or has that been fixed? What other big changes are there?

Rebellion
Marshal
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-07-13 17:04   
Quote:

On 2011-07-13 16:59, Drachenfels[1RA] wrote:
Hey,

Thanks a lot for the quick replies guys! While I'm waiting for the client to download, I noticed that DS has gotten significantly better graphics since the last time I logged on, and that despite the servers now being reduced to 2, there's quite a number of online players still. I'm curious, is the lagplague still around, or has that been fixed? What other big changes are there?

lag has gotton signifigently better but it really depends on your connection and your comp.

\"War does not decide who is right, but who is left\"
\"I stopped fighting my inner demons we're on the same side now\"

jimjimjaroo
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-07-13 17:26   
welcome back hope to see you in the metaverse (although i dont go on all the time)

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-07-13 18:28   
by popular demand;

Vet displacement Guide.

No more customization. Some ship components have an alternate component you can swap to, but for the most part the old modding system is gone.

Credits are rewarded for subscription. You will be back paid the sum of credits equivocal to your total investment in dark space for the duration of your past subscription status. The exchange rate is 1usd = 1000 credits. Credits can be used to buy enhancements for your ship. They can also be give to other players as payment or a gift.

Enhancements are bonuses you can add to your ships speed, turning, defense, offence, range, fire rate, and energy efficiency. These bonuses range from 1% per enhancement to 6% per enhancement. Only Eight can be applied to any one ship. As of current, these bonuses do stack for a maximum of +48%. Enhancements have a durability rating depending on their level. Durability is decreased each time you die until it is depleted. Once depleted of durability, the enhancement breaks and is removed from your ship.

Server- There are still seven servers in the MV. They have been linked into one large MV map. Transfer gates are a means of nearly seamless transitions between servers. Most of the action in 1.66 takes place in the very center of the MV map in what is known as Sagittarius.

Planet system- Server load has been dramatically reduced thanks to a new planet system implemented at the dawn of v1.6 .. Damage is dealt through a AOE (area of effect) field to anything within 500gu of the planet. Planet defense structures enable the AOE field to apply damage. The DPS of the field is multiplied by number and type of defense structures on the planet. The DPS is then subject to a enemy hull type check. The smaller the hull, the less damage it takes from the planet.
Moving your ship within 500gu of an enemy planet starts a capture timer. You will see a message in the lower section of your HUD in green displaying the percent completed on the capture. Once it reaches 100% the planet is yours. There are some factors that help and hinder your progress on capture. Enemy infantry on the planet slow down your capture. Having a bomber or engineer speeds up your capture time. The more ships you have in orbit, the faster you will capture the planet. (there is a cap on how fast a planet can be captured.) Enemy ships in orbit will slow down your capture time. Each person within 500gu of the planet when it captures will get a “planets captured point”.

Cloak is no longer a signal cloak. Cloaking brings your signature down to 0.0 and then makes you invisible. The sudden spike of someone turning on ECCM within ~500gu of your ship will spike your signature and make you visible for a split second. Beacons attached to your hull raise your signature by a large amount making you visible to enemy vessels. You will then have to uncloak and wait for your signature to normalize before you can return fire or jump. This can take anywhere from 3-15 seconds depending on normal signature, number of beacons attached to your hull (capped to 3 per ship) and hull type. Uncloaking in normal conditions with no eccm or beacons present will be nearly instantaneous depending on hull type. Uncloaking in a high eccm area can take anywhere from 3-15 seconds. A cloak timer has been implemented for every kluth hull over a frigate. After you uncloak you have to wait for the cloaking device to recharge before you can cloak again. Duration of the recharge is scaled per hull type.

Weapon ranges have been reduced across the board. Beam weapons are unaffected by the change.

There have been many more tweaks to HP, and damage output of gadgets and hull types across the board. The number and amount of these changes are inumberal. The best way to get the feel for it, is to log in and play. Know things are way different now than they were back then, and know that v1.67 will be as different to v1.66 as v1.66 is to the version you played.
Good luck. Good hunting

Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2011-07-13 21:47   
Welcome back Drachenfels!

As you have already noticed, we only have two servers in the list. What we haven't told you is that the Metaverse is now split up into 6 servers, and you can connect to anyone you want through that single entry point. Simply double click on it and you'll see the massive server map and the spawn points available to you.

What we've essentially done is spread the load of the entire Metaverse into 6 seperate servers which run on some pretty decent hardware.

Lag is now non-existant, you'll be glad to hear. Faustus has done some late night stuff sorting out the server backed and having it work in near perfect harmony. Any lag is purely client-side now.

DarkSpace 1.670 is very near ready to release which includes some very cool upgrades to visual effects and some hefty re-balancing of all the ships courtesy of the very hard working development team.

Enjoy your stay!

[ This Message was edited by: Pantheon on 2011-07-13 21:50 ]

jedi42
Grand Admiral
Evil Empires Inc.

Posted: 2011-07-14 06:04   
That's good info.

You guys should sticky this or make it news or something for players lurkin' around that haven't played in awhile.
jedi42, darkjedi42, [drunk], hoid o' toitles, evil, rum, cl2k drainer, gdi, {C?}, hive teets, fusion mating, perfect cloud formation, death star, point jump, tractor scout, torp det, def cluster, cloaked elf

Pegasus
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-07-14 06:42   
Quote:

On 2011-07-13 18:28, Defiance*XO* wrote:
by popular demand;

Vet displacement Guide.

Enhancements are bonuses you can add to your ships speed, turning, defense, offence, range, fire rate, and energy efficiency. These bonuses range from 1% per enhancement to 6% per enhancement. Only Eight can be applied to any one ship. As of current, these bonuses do stack for a maximum of +48%. Enhancements have a durability rating depending on their level. Durability is decreased each time you die until it is depleted. Once depleted of durability, the enhancement breaks and is removed from your ship.

49% is also achieveable with defence enchancements and Zlarrs.

Aaron Lienhardt
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2011-07-14 14:13   
Quote:

On 2011-07-13 17:26, william barnes3 wrote:
welcome back hope to see you in the metaverse (although i dont go on all the time)

im not that old but i never saw u play lol

Yes!!! we got here before the damn luthies!! who wants to celebrate?

jimjimjaroo
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-07-14 15:35   
Quote:

On 2011-07-14 14:13, Alan star wrote:
Quote:

i was on today =D (few minutes ago to be exact)
[ This Message was edited by: william barnes3 on 2011-07-14 15:36 ]

apate
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2011-07-14 15:35   
Quote:

Quote:

Ever heard of time zones?

Email apate
jimjimjaroo
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-07-14 15:37   
Quote:

On 2011-07-14 15:35, Athenian General (CO) wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

Ever heard of time zones?

im in EST to make it clear

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.026900 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR