No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 Now

Search

Anniversaries

1st - Alamode

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » [Suggestion] Fleet Ships
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author [Suggestion] Fleet Ships
apate
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2011-07-06 00:35   
Here's the idea:

Major (I.E. 15+ or something similar) Fleets Have one Fleet specific ship layout, for example, an [*FTL*] cruiser, or [PB] scout, etc etc.

Not sure how hard it would be to implement, nor what kinds of measures would be needed to balance, but I believe that it would add not only incentive for fleets, but pride for fleet members.

Just an idea, and if a dev knows it's impossible to implement even in the fairly distant future, please shoot it down to save us time debating it.

Email apate
DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-07-06 01:52   
Ships are designed for faction. This idea seems like creating many tiny factions.

Siginau
Fleet Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-07-06 02:02   
stopp adding stuff start adding players it all balances out on its own, you cant "balance" 1 good player vs 1 bad player

you can balance 50 players vs 50 players, if one side keeps winning and doing things wrong then imba otherwise bleh

besides i think DS is balanced just fine, just need moar players.

DOM700 [-IMO-]
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2011-07-06 02:07   
Siginau is right, Darkspace needs better and more bots

Never forget what you fight for
I have earned my betatester badge for being part of the open beta

Email DOM700 [-IMO-]   Goto the website of DOM700 [-IMO-]
MarineKingPrime
Marshal
Exathra Alliance Fleet

Posted: 2011-07-06 02:16   
Quote:

On 2011-07-06 02:02, Siginau wrote:
stopp adding stuff start adding players it all balances out on its own, you cant "balance" 1 good player vs 1 bad player

you can balance 50 players vs 50 players, if one side keeps winning and doing things wrong then imba otherwise bleh

besides i think DS is balanced just fine, just need moar players.

Start advertising then

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-07-06 02:33   
maby something asthetic then.

Fleet colored Exaust, lasors, and cannons.

(FTL goes all red)

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-07-06 03:02   

I'd rather have stuff like

- Fleet decal on ships
- Ability to name each of your ships (Unique name within the faction)

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-07-06 03:11   
sooo.. a decal on an organic ship would.. look rather like a tat?

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-07-06 03:39   
Quote:

On 2011-07-06 03:11, Defiance*XO* wrote:
sooo.. a decal on an organic ship would.. look rather like a tat?

Yea. Something like that.
Human ships would get full colored decals. Kluth ship decals would be monochrome in yellow, or something contrasting from the hull color.

Crim
Fleet Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2011-07-06 03:52   
The idea for a fleet decal has been tossed around a good bit. Hopefully it will be added one day, but as for now I think they deem it as a low priority.

Other then that, Fleets really shouldn't get special ships.

Ravendark
Marshal
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2011-07-06 03:58   
one ship with customconfiguration that would be desinged by fleed admin. i like the idea. i dont think its much of a balancing thing, since what i know components have value point and each shiip has it value limit. so either ship is desinged to be tough or fast or i dunno anything but would have its weaknesses.
i understand that ship config couldnt be chaned after its desing is completed.
also to prevent from making a fleet of one costum ships, wich could lead to OP-ing i think i could have a limit of how many of costum ships can be currently in the game. 1 or two maybe.
aaand when fleet ships get wasted they could drop some better enhs. like elites.

some predictions:
if ugto makes a super dread, trades some of firepower for armor, and rest of firepower changes to torps, it makes a dread killer, but its awfuly weak of attacked from long range sice it has no lasers to pd, or doenst have enough of them to have efficient pd defense. also can be tron apart by smaller ships, since evading tops and qst's is a joke.

that would encourage use of smaller ships and long range hitters. that is only an example. i dont know to predict what would kluth or icc made.

i know i would made costum dessy
trade some armor and cannons for trust and turn rate and for 2 SIs. in my theory this configuration would be a dread killer but it wouldnt be very good vs small ships and toilet paper armor...huh...like flying a paper plane.

im not familiar with exact value point for components so dont take anything for sure its just predictions.

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-07-06 04:50   
Quote:

On 2011-07-06 03:52, Crim, the OG Crim wrote:
The idea for a fleet decal has been tossed around a good bit. Hopefully it will be added one day, but as for now I think they deem it as a low priority.

Other then that, Fleets really shouldn't get special ships.

Yup. It's really not high priority.

But it'd be a nice surprise to the community to have a feature suddenly thrown in for the fleets in one of the patches.

Sometimes the little things like these goes a long way in bringing in new players or getting players to band together to form fleets.

To the topic proper: Fleet ships would be similar to the old customizable ships. Problem is that no one, especially the enemy, would like an FTL MD with all torps. Or an RSM EAD with all Flux and HCLs. Or a PB Scarab with 12 mines onboard.

Since customizable ships aren't coming back, I don't think this idea will wash with the devs.

[ This Message was edited by: Kenny_Naboo[+R] on 2011-07-06 04:53 ]

Gejaheline
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2011-07-06 07:47   
Quote:

On 2011-07-06 03:58, Ravendark wrote:
one ship with customconfiguration that would be desinged by fleed admin. i like the idea. i dont think its much of a balancing thing, since what i know components have value point and each shiip has it value limit.

The "points system" is not a fully-featured, perfectly-balanced system that guarantees that any ship built using it is balanced. It's being used as a set of guidelines for the people in charge of designing ships to ensure that everything matches up, but it also technically allows fully-equipped superdreadnaught designs with 104 particle cannons. Or cruisers with 11 ion cannons. Or K'luth dreadnaughts with 94 disruptors. Or scouts with 18 torpedo launchers. All of which would have their full complements of engines, armour, ECM, and so forth.

The developers I trust to use the system to build sensible ship designs. The players, as much as I love you all as though you were my children, I do not trust to build sensible ship designs.

So I'm thinking no.

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-07-06 08:32   
The only thing fleets should get is aesthetics.

That is, fleet colors (perhaps in the future when colors can be changed on ships to a limited extent), fleet trails (which is entirely within possibility now I would imagine).

You could get other interesting things. Like being able to name your ship, adding a prefix to the name, and so on. You get the idea. Things that can make your ship look cool.

The thing about fleets, is that they promote a kind of conformity. Everyone is united under a common banner, and thus its interesting the kind of enviroment this causes.

For example, fleet colors, fleet trails, etc., are essentially a uniform, and uniforms tend to promote an image of strength in numbers. And that the colors themselves grow their own noteriety. GTN a number of years back inspired fear by their tag alone, because they had the best of the best of the best. And you knew it. And if they wore the tag, you knew you had a challenge on your hands.

Fleets garner reputation the same way nowadays, but fleet asthetics help promote unity, and that unity shows to outsiders.

Plus you get to have awesome wicked colors.

-Ent

SaturnShadow™ *FC*(Angel Of Darkness)
Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2011-07-06 08:56   
well when we see more players in game we will need a better server seeing this game cant handle too many players at one time (if everyone remembers R33 memorial then they know what i mean)
basically we need the game to handle a ton more players while handing out minimum lag (lag part isnt too bad atm)

oh also fleet ships sound like a nice idea seeing as you would only need 1 of each ship ie 1 new scout, frig, destroyer, cruiser, dread, station and the rest
[ This Message was edited by: SaturnShadow™ *FC*(Angel Of Darkness) on 2011-07-06 09:24 ]

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.025809 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR