No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 Now

Search

Anniversaries

1st - Alamode

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Shipyard functionality
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author Shipyard functionality
Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-07-05 11:04   
Quote:

On 2011-07-05 09:28, Talien wrote:
Why the hostility? Might as well remove AHR completely and just have Kluth with chit if that's really how people feel about repair rates. 30 minutes is about how long it takes to repair a Station's hull with a depot and it's own drones if it's a supply station. AHR fully repairs a ship's hull in 10 minutes and armor in 5 (armor counts as a gadget if I heard the explanation right).

On a personal level I don't really give a crap about repair rates since I fly Cruisers and Scouts, so if there's nobody able or willing to do supply duty it's not much of an issue for me. This was simply a balance suggestion so we don't end up with luth killing everyone off then camping the planets because they're bored that there's nobody left to fight. Do I really need to explain things in such a negative manner? I mean seriously, am I really the only person who can see this coming?

Rep rates are still gonna be there.

.... just not around planets. You're gonna have to rely on plats and suppies.

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2011-07-05 11:52   
No, the current insane repair rates won't still be there, and that's a good thing.

But I will point this out again, AHR was recently buffed in beta (10 minutes to fully repair hull/5 minutes to fully repair armor, check the dev log). All Kluth will need to do is cloak around one of their own planets or even somewhere off in space, go AFK for a snack or something to drink, then come back to a fully repaired ship. No need for supply ships or plats. And even if there's only a small number of luth players on they'll still repair just as fast, if there's only a few people on ICC and UGTO they'll be stuck sitting at a depot to repair and hoping there isn't a cloaked luth creeping up to gank them or building a plat farm and hoping it doesn't get found. Does that seem balanced? Don't start with that "you shouldn't sit near a combat zone if you don't want to be killed" trollery, because there's been times home server planets were camped by luth. You can't get much further away from a combat zone than your faction's own home server.

Instead of saying "AHR needs to be nerfed because it's OP in light of the depot balancing" I'm trying to suggest something that will give ICC and UGTO something to fall back on.
[ This Message was edited by: Talien on 2011-07-05 11:52 ]

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-07-05 11:58   

I did suggest a specialized drydock rep facility. Ent didn't like it.

But I suppose something like that would be vulnerable to a Kluth sneak attack too.

TBH, it would prob be better if they had left AHR just as it is now.

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2011-07-05 12:07   
It would be just as vulnerable which is why I didn't comment on it. Heading off a problem before it becomes a problem is generally a good idea, but I'm just going to wait until one of the devs posts something before I bother saying anything else. Who knows, they may just decide to remove the AHR buff to make it simpler.

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-07-05 12:23   
AHR has always repaired over a decent period of time. Of course, AHR now has less device repair capability (hello UGTO, nice to see your EMP), and no ship will have ever more than one.

Also keep in mind, that likely the way its setup (I have not tested it personally, but I'm pretty dam n sure anyways), that it would take all 1000 ammo of the AHR to repair it to full over ten minutes. And then what? Its like a one shot reload, unless they get supply support.

But then again I advocate that the only way to reload AHR drones is by orbiting a friendly planet - personally. Thats my stance on that. Moving on.

Here's the deal, but Tailen I can see his point. I also can say that this is the price of war. Let me ask you this.

If you die, are you going to bring a damaged husk of a vessel to the frontlines? No the hell you are not. That would be stupid. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. You know what a smart person would do?

They would build a bunch of supply platforms somewhere in their homeserver. They would transfer the damaged ship over there and jump to it. Safe. Sound. Much less vulnerable, much less risk.

Thats what I would do anyways.

-Ent

Alcedo
Chief Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2011-07-05 15:36   
Quote:

On 2011-07-05 11:52, Talien wrote:
No, the current insane repair rates won't still be there, and that's a good thing.

But I will point this out again, AHR was recently buffed in beta (10 minutes to fully repair hull/5 minutes to fully repair armor, check the dev log). All Kluth will need to do is cloak around one of their own planets or even somewhere off in space, go AFK for a snack or something to drink, then come back to a fully repaired ship. No need for supply ships or plats. And even if there's only a small number of luth players on they'll still repair just as fast, if there's only a few people on ICC and UGTO they'll be stuck sitting at a depot to repair and hoping there isn't a cloaked luth creeping up to gank them or building a plat farm and hoping it doesn't get found. Does that seem balanced? Don't start with that "you shouldn't sit near a combat zone if you don't want to be killed" trollery, because there's been times home server planets were camped by luth. You can't get much further away from a combat zone than your faction's own home server.

Instead of saying "AHR needs to be nerfed because it's OP in light of the depot balancing" I'm trying to suggest something that will give ICC and UGTO something to fall back on.
[ This Message was edited by: Talien on 2011-07-05 11:52 ]

I agree completely. Talien has a point.

Email Alcedo
NoBoDx
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-07-05 21:36   
correct me, if i'm wrong, but is the problem, that luth can sit cloaked at a planet, until they're back at 100% hull and humans cant ?

if so, heres a suggestion
human could get an additional building (and only usable by them)
when the player us it, his ship get shut down, (unable to move, shoot, dock etc) but get an increased repair-rate and recive xx% less damage (eg 30%)
shutting down (and restarting the ships computer) take some time, depending on ship level (like docking a planet) where it is vulnerable

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-07-05 23:00   

Already suggested it. The current AHR works fine (minus the gadget repair).

Just keep the existing AHR rep rate, take away 1 AHR. And that's it.
AHR rep rate is painfully slow right now. It's way, way slower than ICC shield recharge rates. Even in Beta 1.67, AHR rep rate is still much slower than shield recharge rates and there's no Def mode and anything to speed them up.

I can understand UGTO QQ'ing now that their beloved depots have been nerfed. But ICC shouldn't be complaining at all

*FTL*Soulless
Marshal

Posted: 2011-07-05 23:37   
Quote:

On 2011-07-05 23:00, Kenny_Naboo[+R] wrote:

AHR rep rate is painfully slow right now. It's way, way slower than ICC shield recharge rates. Even in Beta 1.67, AHR rep rate is still much slower than shield recharge rates and there's no Def mode and anything to speed them up.

I can understand UGTO QQ'ing now that their beloved depots have been nerfed. But ICC shouldn't be complaining at all

They are talkinf the times it takes to repair hull. Defi tested with a CD and it took an hour to rep with the new depots. Luth can have a dread reped in 10 mins With AHR. And luth can cloak and hide AHR reps them but humans can't we have to have depots or plats. Both killable while AHR is not

Email *FTL*Soulless
Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-07-05 23:45   
Quote:

On 2011-07-05 23:37, Soulless *ADM* wrote:
Quote:

On 2011-07-05 23:00, Kenny_Naboo[+R] wrote:

They are talkinf the times it takes to repair hull. Defi tested with a CD and it took an hour to rep with the new depots. Luth can have a dread reped in 10 mins With AHR. And luth can cloak and hide AHR reps them but humans can't we have to have depots or plats. Both killable while AHR is not

I did mention that the AHR rep rate should be left as it is currently.

It currently takes a long time to rep hull. A dread at 10% hull (and most Kluth I know fight till their hull is that low) takes a long time to rep back to 100% at the moment, using up more than 1 AHR (we have 2 ATM). In fact, going through 2 full AHRs will not rep a dread to full hull either. We'll have to visit a plat, or call for a suppie ship.

So we usually look for our plats rather than just hang around in space to slowly rep up.... unless we're going for a drink or smoke break... then we'll cloak up like you said and come back later.

But Kluth plats can't cloak either. So they're just as vulnerable as human plats are. More so in fact, since they're more fragile.

Other than the new weaps/layouts, I see no change in this patch for Kluth really, except that UGTO will no longer be able to tank it at a planet.

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-07-05 23:48   

BTW just saw a new update in the Dev Log

- Supply Stations now have a repair field device similar to how depots function. However, these devices will spread the repaired amount between all ships in its range that require repairing.

What are these Supply Stations?

Do they mean the Support stations or Plats?

*FTL*Soulless
Marshal

Posted: 2011-07-06 00:21   
Quote:

On 2011-07-05 23:48, Kenny_Naboo[+R] wrote:

BTW just saw a new update in the Dev Log

- Supply Stations now have a repair field device similar to how depots function. However, these devices will spread the repaired amount between all ships in its range that require repairing.

What are these Supply Stations?

Do they mean the Support stations or Plats?

SS

Email *FTL*Soulless
CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-07-06 01:24   
Yes.. We will all be at the mercy of the Kluth again..

It was like that when i started. and guess what? It was WAY better then.

SaturnShadow™ *FC*(Angel Of Darkness)
Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2011-07-06 09:17   
im guessing some of u havent found out that lets say all ur ships have been killed (or just one) and all armor is reading 0 if you then leave the game and then come back in .... im not sure about the time lets say 6 or 8 hours and u come back on to play all ships in garage will have fixed hull (armor dont fix while in the garage)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.028720 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR