- Weekly DarkSpace
04/20/24 +2.3 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Evellon
16th - faudin
14th - moriens

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Beta Testing Discussion » » New Station Missile Layout
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author New Station Missile Layout
DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-07-01 16:51   
Quote:
On 2011-06-30 23:50, Kenny_Naboo[+R] wrote:
-SS for long range fleet support. Requires dreads to protect it close range.
-BS for front line action. Get it in there in your face and pound the enemy. It has to have a weakness, and that weakness is its lack of long range weaps.

Well, assume all factions stations have the same new layout for weaponary systemt then ICC LS doesn't lack long range weapon.
Let's see, with 8 AWA
- LS can launch 7 IC as far as 1290 * (1 + 8 * 0.6) = 1909,02 gu. Longer than Phoenix without enhancement.
- BS can launch 7 QST as far as 1050 * 1.48 = 1554 gu. Longer than Raptor without enhancement.
- Nest can launch 7 SI as far as 825 * 1.48 = 1221gu. Shorter than any human missle.
Looks like ICC long range advantage has become clear in this patch.
Currently, ICC station has less core weapon than UGTO & Luth. However I dislike that. And I hope all station shall have the same layout of each class.

Back to the topic, it's true that new station focuses on its distinguishing task. Enterprise did explain and reveal most of Jim's vision in this topic. Though I'm not completely happy with all new features, I have to admit that PS staff are doing a significantly gorgeous job - a brilliant synchronized solution package together with a calmly cautious planning. Sometimes I think, we're complaining new developement in such a careless manner; they manage it in correct way as usual. My gratefulness to PS staff.

Seems like we just need to wait Fautus upgrade fighter intelligence, Patheon complete new repair drone, then we're pretty close to 1.670.

I also agree with Krim that missle tracking is not favorable. It's supposed to fly straight to the target from above or under the launching ship, not right side or left side. Missle and fighter takes most responsibility in raising FF after all.
[ This Message was edited by: chlorophyll on 2011-07-02 05:26 ]

Krim {C?}
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2011-07-01 17:07   
Quote:

- LS can launch 7 IC as far as 1290 * (1 + 8 * 0.6) = 1909,02 gu. Longer than Phoenix without enhancement.
- BS can launch 7 QST as far as 1050 * 1.48 = 1554 gu. Longer than Raptor without enhancement.
- Nest can launch 7 SI as far as 825 * 1.48 = 1221gu. Shorter than any human missle.
Looks like ICC long range advantage has become clear in this patch.
Currently, ICC station has less core weapon than UGTO & Luth. However I dislike that. And I hope all station shall have the same layout of each class.

At those ranges though the Core T3 Projectiles can't hit anything and they don't track.

Does anyone have thoughts on the Ventral launching of the new missiles tho? That was the original reason I posted this thread, the whole (station role) was just a quick edit

GTN - Veneratio est Totus

Goto the website of Krim {C?}
Forger of Destiny
Chief Marshal
We Kick Arse

Posted: 2011-07-02 02:58   
Quote:

Does anyone have thoughts on the Ventral launching of the new missiles tho?

ventral launching is good because it lets missiles aim properly at things on the 'front' and 'aft' of a station. so ya i like it

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2011-07-02 10:54   
I'm not a fan of it even if it makes more sense from a practical standpoint. Part of the skill of flying a station was positioning yourself so that missiles wouldn't hit friendly targets. We don't want to be able to stack a bunch of stations right next to each other do we?

It also makes missiles a lot more inaccurate than they should be. Missiles are good at turning and tracking targets on the X/Y plane, but throw that Z plane in there and they turn dumb.

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2011-07-02 11:47   
It will make those missiles 100% useless against anything smaller than a Dreadnought (not that they're much good against smaller targets that aren't sitting still anyway), and sometimes even against Dreads if they're moving at top speed. It also adds a "soft limit" on range that could easily be larger than the minimum firing distance, since the missiles require several hundred GU to properly maneuver and track the target when fired up or down as opposed to forward.

Ask any ICC player who used the pre-nerf Missile Frigate extensively as it had the same problems. Granted we learned rather quickly to overcome those issues, but I'd imagine it will be harder to do for Stations since they don't move quickly, JD recharges much slower, and they don't get nearly as much benefit from ECM cover.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.009997 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR