No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/20/24 +2.8 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Tactics & New Players » » Spaec Stations of the 3 factions
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author Spaec Stations of the 3 factions
coolestguy
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2011-06-16 02:21   
So im about to be able to command my very own space station ^.^

Kinda getting the hang of the 3 factions strengths and weaknesses i do not know much about any of the 3 factions Space Stations.

From what i understand so far about the basics in each faction.

ICC: Sheilds
UGTO: Range + More damage (Than ICC)
K'luth: Beams & Cloak

Now dose this apply for the stations as well?

For example do K'luth fighters do more damage than ICC fighters would? Or do all factions fighters do the same damage?
[ This Message was edited by: coolestguy on 2011-06-16 02:22 ]

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-06-16 05:00   

Stations suck. Pull a scout instead.

Flux Capacitor
Marshal

Posted: 2011-06-16 08:51   
icc got more range, but their torps got lower range i thought...not sure. for the rest sure.

luth flying station is kinda for the resupply for the teammates only. its immobility makes cloaking during battle a no-no, so they die pretty fast without dreads protecting it

Goto the website of Flux Capacitor
jamesbob
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-06-16 09:08   
ugto stations are tanks plain and simple.

kluth and icc stations are good when they are used correctly.

you can sadly use ugto stations to do almost anything (can't put bombs on them)

which includes tanking and self repairing.

[ This Message was edited by: jamesbob on 2011-06-16 09:17 ]

Ray[OU]
Marshal

From: Some where in deep space, From another galaxy. [Origin Unknown]
Posted: 2011-06-16 09:17   
stations are good best stations to have which oare the ones i prefer is ICC line and SS i use both since line stat dishes out more fire power then any other ICC stat and is ok at close range ICC SS for long range hitting and chipping paint off the uggies ships slowly then damaging there hull with fighters the UGTO stat i prefer is the BS its good the best stat in the game more firepower and servival rating the best luth station i prefer is the colony i use it its awsome with its awsome fighters that are barly ever detected and are like ninja fighters they do more damge id say then any others this is my opion tho it is known im rarely ever NOT flying a station every since i hit FA i fly station this is my advise but try them for your self pick your best - GA Ray has spoken

DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-06-16 17:04   
Quote:
On 2011-06-16 08:51, Fair-Play wrote:
icc got more range, but their torps got lower range i thought...not sure. for the rest sure.

ICC projectile weapon outranges and is faster than 2 other factions in EVERY aspect.
Quote:
On 2011-06-16 08:51, Fair-Play wrote:
luth flying station is kinda for the resupply for the teammates only. its immobility makes cloaking during battle a no-no, so they die pretty fast without dreads protecting it

Not completely correct.

Incinarator
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-06-16 17:55   
The stations of the UGTO are the easiest to use. You get a bunch of other stations to help repair everyone with their repair drones, which makes you a veritable fortress. Alternately, you can just sit around a depot planet and get repairs from it. The versatility of UGTO stations means they are typically the go to ship for everything, the most notable exceptions being sheer damage potential and bombing. A line of UGTO stations can hold planets, steamroll over enemies by sheer tank, and can resupply themselves.

ICC stations are very good a long range warfare, ie. bombing ships at long range so the enemy can't shoot back. Though the ICC stations have shields, their tanks will fall much faster than that of the UGTO because there is no way to repair allies shields, only their armor and hull. ICC stations work very well as the intended role of stations.. support ships. A couple of stations behind a line of dreads and cruisers become deadly damage/resupply beacons, though they tend to be pointjumped and subsequently shot down.

K'luth stations are arguably the hardest to use, but they aren't impossible. Typically K'luth stations are there to soak up large amounts of damage while a fleet of dreads takes out their enemies... basically they are a big distraction. They also serve as resupply bases, but only to a limited extent. Their stations may also be used in siege warfare, with both sides locked around depot planets, so either side leaving their planet would be suicide. (typically in combat with the UGTO)

Hope that helps ~

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-06-16 19:36   
Dont fly a ICC station expecting much. You will be very dissapointed.. (though i would not have it any other way)

ICC stations have their roles. Use them outside of their roles and expect to get toasted fast.

Although... if you really want to use a ICC station like UGTO uses theirs... it is possible.... if you set it up right....
[ This Message was edited by: Defiance*XO* on 2011-06-16 19:38 ]

NoBoDx
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-06-16 19:57   
cloaking in a luth-station when enemies are present equals self destruct
with the changes in current patch (speed reduced by 50% or so) ure dead before you can do anything while cloaked

use cloak on a station only if youre sneaking upon an unsuspecting enemy or if you stay away from combat to repair friendlies returning from battle ( to hide when youre not repairing)
if an enemy found you, run

edit says: die typos !

[ This Message was edited by: NoBoDx on 2011-06-16 20:08 ]

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2011-06-16 20:53   
ICC and Kluth stations are NOT for first timers and require a fair degree of familiarity (and ideally instruction from more experienced players) with them to use properly, if you want to try them I'd strongly suggest doing so in scenario or beta first. Don't go UGTO just to use the shrooms though, the broken repair rates will make you complacent then you won't know what to do when that issue is fixed.

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-06-16 21:58   
oh how i cant wait for that to be fixed

There is an entire generation of UGTO thats going to be prime rib for me and me fleet

Kaepora
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2011-06-17 00:02   
Contrary to what people are saying about Luth stations, they are decent tankers. Once their hull goes down, and AHR kicks in, they essentially have 5 repair drones on them. Doesn't matter how thin that armor is when it's replaced at light speed.

UGTO stations: rediculously powerful.

ICC stations: rediculously weak.

A UGTO Support Station can kill an ICC Line station with ease.

coolestguy
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2011-06-17 02:22   
Well I have to say i think the kluth station takes the cake for me.

I tried it out today. It's a fun station to use.

Wepons: I like the number of fighters it lanches and the close proximity wepons. Powerful stuff.

Cloak: I find it is still just as powerful if not a better. Why? JD
JD takes forever to charge and when you have to jump say 2-3 places staying cloaked insures that almost no one will ever find you as you recharge you JD

True it still has weakness's but that cloak gives it an edge of stealth that can make it almost undetectable.

Maybe ill giev the mushroom a try one of these days.

Rebel Retribution
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-06-17 03:41   
Quote:

On 2011-06-16 20:53, Talien wrote:
ICC and Kluth stations are NOT for first timers and require a fair degree of familiarity (and ideally instruction from more experienced players) with them to use properly, if you want to try them I'd strongly suggest doing so in scenario or beta first. Don't go UGTO just to use the shrooms though, the broken repair rates will make you complacent then you won't know what to do when that issue is fixed.

i loled, broken repair rates indeed (no sarcasm intended)

Email Rebel Retribution
Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-06-17 07:01   
Synopsis:

No matter what station you use, no matter what faction, always use defense enhancements.

Stations are tough to kill without a dread or alot of sustained firepower. You need to plan on these things. Don't use the wormhole unless you like a 70% failure rate. The HMA on stations recharge slow, so make the jump count.

More than anything else, you need to plan on how to run away. Stations aren't meant to be treated like front line units, and without support they die fast. So don't pull out a station on your own unless you got a reload planet to back you up. Which I wouldn't recommend to rely on, since that will get fixed eventually.

As for running away, you're not going to get very far on drives and the only thing bigger than you are some planets (yes you are always bigger htan some planets). You need that jump drive. Dont waste jumping unless you know you can last 2 minutes.

So what can last 2 minutes the longest?

Easily the UGTO Support Station with enhancments. Don't screw with this. It probably won't kill you, but you won't kill it very fast. UGTO Battle Station is a nice mix, and not many people use the Command.

Next up you have Kluth. The Kluth Hive is probably the best balance of defense and offense in a station. Believe it not, the cloak has saved my hide a few times. It has its moments. The Nest is a solid combat station and the Colony is about as useful as the Command Station.

And then you have ICC.

If you fly ICC do us a favor and don't use stations.

See what makes other stations so much more awesome is because they can use reloads to augment that tons of armor they have. ICC has shields.

Oh shields are GREAT hit and run defenses. What is a station? Not hit and run. Stations with shields don't mix. Its like a scout with defense enhancements. It just doesn't help with the mechanics how they are.

The ICC stations are probably the only ICC ships that can throw down defense mode while in combat for a long period of time.

This also doesn't matter, because shields in defense mode still aren't going to keep up with reloads. You also get a lovely full arc armor. Hooray.

So don't use them. But if you're stubborn and you insist:

The ICC Support Station. Garbage unless you want to sit in the middle of nowhere you repair people or be a giant target for your fleetmates. Other support stations work because the reloads can help themselves. Jokes on you.

The Line Staiton. Probably the only ICC station that you might have a reason to pull out. Its ion cannons let you outrange any other cannon based artillery and any missiles and fighters aren't going to get far. With defense enhancements, a hefty support team, and alot of running away and energy micromanagement, you might be able to squeeze something useful out of it.

ICC Command Station. About as useful as the other Commnad Stations, only less so.

I want to fly a Node.

-Ent

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.039949 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR