No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +6.1 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Sir Oblivion {C?}

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Soap Box » » DarkSpace AirShip Mod - Updated 14 June
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 )
 Author DarkSpace AirShip Mod - Updated 14 June
Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-06-10 22:22   
OK, so those two extra nacelles, ahead and slightly below the main engine pods are supposed to be the AG devices. I made them sort of like the warp drive on Star Trek.

I'm thinking of putting disc like AG pods (sorta like those all over the Matrix's Nebuchadnezzar) for the other faction's ship.

Oh yeah, as I said to Draf, I have no idea how texturing is done in the Medusa engine (apparently UV Unwrap doesn't work) I'll leave it up to him or anyone he can find to assist, to texture.

I hope that when it does get textured, he'll post it up here for sneaks.

Waiting for other modelers to get into the action too.

[ This Message was edited by: Kenny_Naboo[+R] on 2011-06-10 22:24 ]

Mr Black
Grand Admiral
Palestar

Posted: 2011-06-12 15:28   
Good work. I will see if I can get to adding textures to these, although I am a bit rusty.

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-06-13 04:41   

Got another design coming up. This is probably for the 'other side'. It's looks less like an oceangoing vessel and more space- or aircraft like. Will have influences from a Klingon BOP, or that bomber in Avatar, and it'll be more curvy and organic in nature against the earlier 2 designs.

Acetheanimal(Angel of Distruction)
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-06-13 14:25   
id help with beta testing as well the game sounds very good to me.

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-06-14 11:11   
Here's my concept of the "other side's" airship.
Side by side comparison. It's about the same length, but wider and has less mass than the previous battleship. Also has less guns overall. Probably a trade off for more speed/manuevrability and probably a lower radar signature.

[ This Message was edited by: Kenny_Naboo[+R] on 2011-06-14 20:57 ]

Mr Black
Grand Admiral
Palestar

Posted: 2011-06-14 12:10   
@Kenny: I am not a fan of that second style.

The planet is a lost colony from DarkSpace. Due to a drive malfunction they ended up up stranded way outside of the Human Quadrant. I might throw a wormhole into it that sent them back through time. It's a stretch but anything to make it workable.

The ship was damaged, it's terraforming equipment barely functional. The only planet they could get to was a mountainous "Venus" type. Anything below the cloud level is highly corrosive and deadly; there is a only a narrow layer above this in which airships can operate.

The colonists have been stranded for about 120 years, and have had to work hard to survive. There are now two factions:

The Free Cities - Freedom of the individual, believe in minimal government. Loosely co-operative and probably the most inventive due to the encouragement of free thought and the circumstances under which they have to survive. Airships tend to be more thrown together as no real centralized construction, but still well built.

The Organization - A derivative of the UGTO. Governed by a senate but very authoritarian. Personal freedoms are restricted in the name of survival. Centralized construction gives a similar design and style to most of their vessels.

Regardless, they have only got back to primitive AG tech within the last 25 years, and conflict has only broken out within the last few. Before this there had been no developed weapons technology or conflict for the colony.

[ This Message was edited by: Mr Black on 2011-06-14 12:10 ]

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-06-14 21:36   
K Draf. I'll use it for something else then.

I got an old model of some civvie vessel that I could probably modify for use here.

Pegasus
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-06-15 03:20   
Quote:

On 2011-06-14 21:36, Kenny_Naboo[+R] wrote:

I got an old model of some civvie vessel that I could probably modify for use here.

Great idea, I think looking at different styles each naval forces had back in ww2 might help give you a taste. Example the Japanese carriers were so different to the US and Royal Navy.

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-06-15 05:01   
Quote:

On 2011-06-15 03:20, Pegasus wrote:
Quote:

On 2011-06-14 21:36, Kenny_Naboo[+R] wrote:

Great idea, I think looking at different styles each naval forces had back in ww2 might help give you a taste. Example the Japanese carriers were so different to the US and Royal Navy.

Yeah. I'm looking at WW2 to current day naval vessels for inspiration. The vessels from Space Battleship Yamato are also good starting points, though I'm trying to avoid doing stuff that looks too much from there.

Spiderbloke
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-06-15 08:51   
Obvious not a skybox quite yet, but this is a proposed wrap-around.

Noble
Admiral

Posted: 2011-06-15 11:48   

munda13
Admiral

Posted: 2011-06-15 12:37   
[quote]
On 2011-06-04 16:10, Thernhoghas wrote:
Quote:

On 2011-06-04 16:05, SpaceAdmiral wrote:
Few Questions:

What do you mean airship? (pictures are just pics I found on google for "airship", and am using them to just visualize concepts)

1. Do you mean like modern looking blimps? Such as this: http://artscum.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/airship3-10.jpg or http://airship-research-lab.com/images/airship,kirov.jpg

2. Or maybe a blimp/balloon like thing with an "Age of Sail" ship underneath? http://www.stillasleep.com/WALLPAPERS/CAT/Fantasy/1/airship800.jpg or http://amberseree.com/steampunk/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/steampunk-airship3.jpg

3. Flying-Modern ships? http://wrathofzombie.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/airship.jpg

4. Age of Sail ships with fans? http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-_3GrBFHo-iE/TaYKMWoSbII/AAAAAAAAAqk/VQY5z5AHbOw/s1600/Airship_04.jpg

5. Weird mix of the above? http://images.wikia.com/finalfantasy/images/b/b0/FFIX-Airship.jpg

if you had paid more attention while reading the opening post, you would have noticed that he means type 2

although type 3 would be the most awesome

[ This Message was edited by: Thernhoghas on 2011-06-04 16:24 ]

I think this project could work. but now a days gamers are looking fore more modern air ships like the ships in #3 the flying modern ship. i mean if dark space isnt willing on making a mod like that two people can easily make a game like that just by using Unity3d plus engine or the Unity3d Pro engine. i have experience with both these types of engins and the bigworld engine. and have experience. with a little determination and passion this can easily become a reality.

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-07-05 13:09   

Something for Draf.

Carrier type airship.

-Shadowalker-™
Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2011-07-13 00:50   
just found this piture? is this kinda similar, crashed ship, just regaining technology kinda thing?

Email -Shadowalker-™
Admiral Uhan
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2011-07-13 21:49   
Type 3 would the best!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 )
Page created in 0.026045 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR