No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.7 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » General Support » » PSMs & XB-11s
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author PSMs & XB-11s
Rebel Retribution
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-05-30 16:08   
I have noticed that both PSMs and the fighter bombers the ICC have (XB-11 i think its called) dont do any dmg to inf or the buildings they were impacting. And before u say its lag i was the only person in the system and I saw the impacts with the planet surface.
[ This Message was edited by: Line of Eld on 2011-05-30 16:08 ]

Email Rebel Retribution
*FTL*Soulless
Marshal

Posted: 2011-05-30 16:13   
yeah i have noticed that too

Email *FTL*Soulless
[ML]RogueAvengerTTV
Marshal

Posted: 2011-05-30 16:26   
+1 ive seen this no damge to inf or structure at all

Email [ML]RogueAvengerTTV
DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-05-31 01:17   
It has been said in other topic.

Due to the improvement in missle tracking code (see Development log), PSM explodes further than its splash range to the target (I assume). And since Seige Dreadnaught is the only ship affordable to launch PSM, therefore don't feel it like a big problem, I doubt if anyone keeps SD in garrage and actually use it to bomb.

Any bomber fighter sucks now. I bet you know bomb's strength based on ship level and fighter has level 0, that's why bomber bomb is not only few (2 per volley) but also too weak.

I believe we just pick bomber fro and lay all hopes on mIRVS & ECM.

Staff blesses bombing!

*FTL*Soulless
Marshal

Posted: 2011-05-31 05:17   
Quote:

On 2011-05-31 01:17, chlorophyll wrote:

Due to the improvement in missle tracking code (see Development log), PSM explodes further than its splash range to the target (I assume). And since Seige Dreadnaught is the only ship affordable to launch PSM, therefore don't feel it like a big problem, I doubt if anyone keeps SD in garrage and actually use it to bomb.

Any bomber fighter sucks now. I bet you know bomb's strength based on ship level and fighter has level 0, that's why bomber bomb is not only few (2 per volley) but also too weak.

I believe we just pick bomber fro and lay all hopes on mIRVS & ECM.

Staff blesses bombing!

Thats why we use the bomber Frigate anything else dies before it provides any results. and Its FREE

Email *FTL*Soulless
Botoru
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-05-31 06:11   
I noticed that too. I was bombing a planet with B-27s and mothing seemed to happen. They are useless.

Fatal Perihelion
Chief Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2011-05-31 08:37   
Last week i used PSMs on the MD, they work at the rigt angle but are very weak and as there are only 5 PSM a slot, you will need permanent resupply.

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-05-31 10:36   
i have a SD in garage... I wont be using the PSMs thouhg.

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2011-05-31 11:23   
I don't know why people think it's a bad ship. Sure if you're trying to solo bomb in MV it's a bad choice because it's slow and easily noticed but a SD can be given ECM cover by a Bomber Frigate, and those two working in tandem can easily decimate most of a planet before the other side knows it's being bombed. It's especially effective in scen or home servers where there's usually not a lot of enemy players, just jump a few thousand GU out, fly in under ECM, make one pass, then jump out and watch most of the planet die.

Of course with PSMs this should be even easier, firing them at max range from under ECM cover you should be out of ammo and jumping away by the time the second volley hits. I suppose one benefit of the current broken PSMs is they decimate the population without doing much structural damage, so it's good for dropping tech to disable defenses and make it easier to capture so you don't have to rebuild everything.

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-05-31 18:40   
it is a bad ship because the main reason you pull it is bugged 50% of the time or more. It isn't about the loadout. Its about the waste of time.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Gejaheline
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2011-06-01 07:36   
Quote:

Due to the improvement in missle tracking code (see Development log), PSM explodes further than its splash range to the target (I assume)...

I bet you know bomb's strength based on ship level and fighter has level 0, that's why bomber bomb is not only few (2 per volley) but also too weak...

[Citation needed]

Fatal Perihelion
Chief Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2011-06-01 08:12   
Quote:

Of course with PSMs this should be even easier, firing them at max range from under ECM cover you should be out of ammo and jumping away by the time the second volley hits. I suppose one benefit of the current broken PSMs is they decimate the population without doing much structural damage, so it's good for dropping tech to disable defenses and make it easier to capture so you don't have to rebuild everything.

Psst: You should only jump out if an aly keeps a scanner up. Otherwise your PSMs will explode when they lose track on the building. pssst

edit:Maybe this ^ is wrong. I am ot sure anymore, but mirvs will explode if a planets building turns out of their max range.
[ This Message was edited by: Fatal Perihelion on 2011-06-01 11:14 ]

DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-06-01 13:47   
Quote:
On 2011-06-01 07:36, Gejaheline wrote:
Quote:
Due to the improvement in missle tracking code (see Development log), PSM explodes further than its splash range to the target (I assume)...

I bet you know bomb's strength based on ship level and fighter has level 0, that's why bomber bomb is not only few (2 per volley) but also too weak...

[Citation needed]

I wrote "assume" in bold.
I read in a topic where BackSlash said he saw PSM exploded 100gu before it reached the structure, while its splash range is 30gu. That's why I have that assumption. It's my bad.

Fighter does not have level 0, yep. On a chat in lobby, Eledore hinted that fighter is the ship that has lowest hull level, and can be considered level 0. I apply the satire in my post. My 2nd bad.

After all, bomber fri is still the best bomber in game. It's invisible, it's fast, it's free - 3 significant key points. Whether has supply or not, it can work on its own, and you don't worry to lose it.

Developers might adjust PSM and bomber fighter. However, bomber frigate is still the queen of bombing. Perhaps remove 1 from 3 ECM may fix its excellence.

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2011-06-01 13:52   
Not sure anyone knows if fighters adopt the level of their mother ship. They should if they don't, but going by current fighter bombers it's impossible to tell.

I tried wasp hoards a while ago, and not only did they do pitiful damage, they also only fired 1 round of bombs. After that they'd continue to circle and make their attack runs, but no more bombs.

Just not worth using now.

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2011-06-01 14:40   
Quote:

On 2011-06-01 08:12, Fatal Perihelion wrote:

Psst: You should only jump out if an aly keeps a scanner up. Otherwise your PSMs will explode when they lose track on the building. pssst

edit:Maybe this ^ is wrong. I am ot sure anymore, but mirvs will explode if a planets building turns out of their max range.

From what I've seen it's just a display error, they look like they blow up but if you watch the planet it takes damage after a few seconds when the bombs would've hit. Not 100% sure if PSMs work like that or not since I haven't tried it myself, but given that Mirv/Neutron seem to work fine it seems likely.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.021277 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR