Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.1 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Relient
19th - Entil-Zha the Starkiller

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Hello just trying to get an idea...
 Author Hello just trying to get an idea...
coolestguy
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2011-05-23 16:56   
Hi there, so some of you may have seen me around, just started 1 week ago. Pretty fun game.

A couple things.

So i know most of you have told me that fighting gives you the best prestige but once or twice i was invited to a group where the much higher level players where helping me get more pres.

What i was wondering are most people ok with lower rank players grouping up with them? or do they want to be left alone?

I ask around sometimes in game but get no reply so i get the impression that players don't really want a low rank player tagging along in the "group"

And last thing, dose it hurt at all to keep removing ships or switching fractions?

Koba
Chief Marshal
Praetorian Wolves

Posted: 2011-05-23 17:07   
you can switch faction all you like what ever faction floats your boat or if all 3 do then play them all

it dosent matter howmany times you remove or add a ship into your garage it wont hurt anythang unless theres a bug but the max is 8 ships at one time

just keep trying to group up with someone until they say yes alot of the older players want to help new players out so they stick around longer it gives them something to shoot at if you switch factions or they get another wing man either way somebody will say yes just keep asking

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2011-05-23 18:35   
The only thing to watch out for is once you join a fleet you're locked to whatever faction that fleet is part of, so make sure you find the faction you like before joining a fleet.

You CAN leave a fleet after joining, but if you get a reputation for joining and leaving fleets just to switch factions then not too many fleets will let you in.

SpaceAdmiral
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-05-23 18:37   
Quote:

On 2011-05-23 16:56, coolestguy wrote:
Hi there, so some of you may have seen me around, just started 1 week ago. Pretty fun game.

A couple things.

So i know most of you have told me that fighting gives you the best prestige but once or twice i was invited to a group where the much higher level players where helping me get more pres.

What i was wondering are most people ok with lower rank players grouping up with them? or do they want to be left alone?

I ask around sometimes in game but get no reply so i get the impression that players don't really want a low rank player tagging along in the "group"

And last thing, dose it hurt at all to keep removing ships or switching fractions?

Well most higher ranked players no longer care much about prestige, the main reasons they don't group are:
1. It gives weird decimal stats, like 1.3 ships captured.
2. They think the newer player might not learn the game with all this boosting.
3. They are afraid that when their station blows up that they'll demote you into oblivion, people generally don't like responsibility.
4. They are trying to raise a particular stat, like ship repair.
5. They are already in a group, usually with their fleet members.
6. They may be just plain mean.

I personally will group with newbies except when I expect to die often or I am trying to raise a certain stat.

You can switch factions and/or ships as many times as you want, only downside is if you delete a ship which you placed enhancements on, the enhancements are gone forever.

Died~2000~Deaths[+R]*CC*
Chief Marshal
Army Of Darkness

Posted: 2011-05-24 00:07   
when i first startde to play DS i playedd in scenerio alot. building and fighting.but in mv i would suggest using a repair ship to repair others. if u cant yet i would suggest scenerio until then. the reason i say this is if u r in mv it's mostly combat so they need repair ships. but remember if your repin ppl in mv u will b a target. hope this hlps u. o ya btw i dont mind grouping with others but i die alot (ask ne1 lol)because of graphic lagg. so if u group with me at ne time keep that n mind lol.

Died~2000~Deaths[+R]™

[ This Message was edited by: Died~2000~Deaths[+R]™ on 2011-05-24 00:10 ]

Email Died~2000~Deaths[+R]*CC*
Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-05-24 00:13   

Yep. I'm working on stats. Not really interested in pres anymore.

So I don't want some noob screwing up my ratios.

Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-05-24 00:23   
Quote:

On 2011-05-24 00:13, Kenny_Naboo[+R] wrote:

You belong to number 6 of spaceadmiral`s list!

Dakili
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2011-05-24 03:20   
Like someone said above the best way to get prestige for you would be to either suply/repair ship or go play in the scenario. Give fast pres and not too hard.

You can group the thing is is they lose pres/stats you do as well. But everything they make you will have a share too. So i suggest you go join a group that is unlikely to die.

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-05-24 04:50   
Quote:

On 2011-05-24 00:23, Pakhos[+R] wrote:
Quote:

On 2011-05-24 00:13, Kenny_Naboo[+R] wrote:

You belong to number 6 of spaceadmiral`s list!

I know. I feel really bad about it sometimes. It makes me miserable.

So I usually make myself feel better by snacking on a 1st Lt or Captain in a Frigate, Engie, Suppie or Dessie.

Sigh... eat when I'm upset. I'm gonna get fat.

Xpander
Chief Marshal
Portuguese Space Invaders

Posted: 2011-05-24 06:10   
Quote:

On 2011-05-23 16:56, coolestguy wrote:

A couple things.

Hey coolest

If u play Kluth , i would group with u anytime.....

besides that , u can join our clan anytime u want .....

our clan , is always on group since we start playing .....

so feel free to group up with us =)

X

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-05-24 06:34   

Grab a suppie and follow the combatants around, but don't get into the combat zone. Dreads and cruisers take a lot of damage. Reps alone will get you decent pres to start with

No need to actually group up if you can't find one.

[ML]RogueAvengerTTV
Marshal

Posted: 2011-05-24 07:51   
I usually play unto and I wouldn't mind grouping with you m8

Email [ML]RogueAvengerTTV
Forger of Destiny
Chief Marshal
We Kick Arse

Posted: 2011-05-24 08:23   
I don't group with others because

-I don't believe in them...why group if other guy is near-complete stranger to me?
-They are impatient (especially new guys). 10-25% of the newbies that I meet are too impatient (or low on time) to learn something. If I'm sharing something with you, why don't you share your time with me?
-They are being a load on me. What, you're not supposed to group with me and then lie back on the beach while I put my ship, skill, time and mental sanity on the line.
-They refuse to listen. Honestly, during the american night-time (my daytime) the few people that actually log in are very UNlikely to be interested in planning or group-working. Praise be to K'Luth faction, v1.530...

Have fun in your scientific expedition into the unknown areas of mentality.

Koba
Chief Marshal
Praetorian Wolves

Posted: 2011-05-24 10:53   
Quote:

On 2011-05-24 08:23, Brahmastra wrote:
I don't group with others because

-I don't believe in them...why group if other guy is near-complete stranger to me?
-They are impatient (especially new guys). 10-25% of the newbies that I meet are too impatient (or low on time) to learn something. If I'm sharing something with you, why don't you share your time with me?
-They are being a load on me. What, you're not supposed to group with me and then lie back on the beach while I put my ship, skill, time and mental sanity on the line.
-They refuse to listen. Honestly, during the american night-time (my daytime) the few people that actually log in are very UNlikely to be interested in planning or group-working. Praise be to K'Luth faction, v1.530...

Have fun in your scientific expedition into the unknown areas of mentality.

you blew my little mind

oh and like kenny you fall in to the number 6 catagory of spaceadmirals post

Page created in 0.020114 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR