- Weekly DarkSpace
04/20/24 +2.5 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Evellon
16th - faudin
14th - moriens

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Beta Testing Discussion » » Initial test of ICC ships and beta server resources. (CD, AD, SC)
 Author Initial test of ICC ships and beta server resources. (CD, AD, SC)
Okkam
Marshal

Posted: 2011-05-22 10:37   
Test 22/05/2011.

I downloaded and installed beta today to perform tests on the new ship layouts.

I set out an agenda to test the abilities of the various new setup and see if they are good changes or need to be slightly tweaked (I already can see they aren't 'bad' changes).

After 15 minutes play time i've had to take a break from my testing routine so i'll post my findings.

The following is a bulletpoint layout of the tests performed, my opinion of the test/result as well as thoughts on the beta server.

Combat Dreadnaught
Finally, it is the gunboat we ICC have dreamed about since we first starting using it. No more missile or fighter jibberish, just pure guns.

- Pure railguns means that you can easily sit still at 1300gu mashing spacebar with defence mode on and pulse lasers and ECCM and deal incredible damage. This is how I see the combat dread should be.

- As with most of the larger ICC ships it can be made possible to have defence mode on and not lose power when standing stationary. Considering the long range punch and reach of a combat dreadnaught it is paramount that you close in on it to defeat it. That being said, if the combat dreadnaught chooses to sit there, it can still continue defence mode without a problem as the lasers it has don't cost alot of energy in their use and so the combat dreadnaught can be used as a close range tank/slugger. (This does mean that being close range the other races see their damage bonuses come into play however)

Assault Dreadnaught
More or less the same ship that we've seen before.

- As a close quarters ship it prefers point jumping and attacking the enemy within laser range or atleast range of torpedoes. It does high damage to slow moving targets who cannot evade the torpedos.

- It is safe to say that the Elite Assault Dreadnaught is far better at close range combat than the Assault Dreadnaught, in a straight up 1v1 fight my money would be on the EAD winning the engagement, although the AD has the fire arc benefit and shields.

Beta server
I understand that this day was meant as a 'let's get everyone together and shoot each other' day, correct?
With that in mind, it should be that all shipyard planets (main ones) are locked and set with infinate resources, otherwise some players will not be able to test ships.
After testing the command dreadnaught and the Assault dreadnaught it quickly came an issue with a lack of minerals on the 3 shipyards in ICC control to not spawn any more dreadnaughts. With that in mind, it wasn't easy being able to spawn a cruiser either.
While I understand and emplore people to test the smaller ships, it is a well known fact that the larger ships are what people are very interested in when it comes to the changes (larger meaning cruiser+). If the playerbase cannot use those ships, then how are you able to collect input and results from this 'beta'?

This is not a helpful suggestion or hint, you must give more resources available in beta considering the fact that resources at this time are not being tested and the sole purpose of the beta is to test ships.

Planetary test
I'm not sure how it happened, but there is an issue with capturing planets where the 'capture bar' in green that appears on the bottom of your screen only appears for a brief few seconds after each change in the percentage of capture. This means that you can see whats going on, but then it dissapears, only to re-appear again in a second. I tested this issue on 3 planets and found it to be present in all, so it wasn't a close quarter situation to other planets that caused it to dissapear.

General thoughts
After looking through the ship setups on the selection screen (because I couldn't spawn any of them due to a lack of minerals HINT HINT) I found that the Strategic Cruiser (the new ICC cruiser) is going to be the new ICC fleet backbone. The ability to move like a cruiser but with almost the same punch as a combat dreadnaught. More tests are required with this ship and different pilots in the varied situations that you might encounter. This I believe is one of the most important things to test with the ICC fleet.

I didn't have enough time to test the other two races as of yet, nor the smaller ships in ICC. With that being said, I will not be testing at all as long as there is still a mineral/resource issue on the beta server.

Thanks for your time
Snafu
[ This Message was edited by: Commander Bjorn (Snafu) on 2011-05-22 10:39 ]

IANF
2nd Rear Admiral

Posted: 2011-05-22 10:40   
how can you download beta and instantaneously have dreadnoughts. i have 2nd rear admiral but in beta i am mid shipman

Okkam
Marshal

Posted: 2011-05-22 10:41   
You can transfer your normal game rank to the beta server on the left side of the GCQL browser homepage where it says "update beta profile" underneath the Dev log. This will instantly transfer rank and abilities to be used in beta.

IANF
2nd Rear Admiral

Posted: 2011-05-22 12:38   
now i feel dumb. thanks though

Page created in 0.010001 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR