Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.6 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Relient
19th - Entil-Zha the Starkiller

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » General Support » » A few issues...
 Author A few issues...
SpaceGK
Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2011-05-03 20:08   
Since the updates to the QCQL in either version 1.660 or 1.650 I've been having two minor problems.

First up, the auto-login feature no longer works. I've tried re-enabling it from the options menu and from the log-on screen, but I still can't get it to work. At the time of these updates I had auto-login disabled, so i'm wondering if it's possible that it got stuck like that somehow. I didn't change anything on my computer around the time. (I'm running XP) I've brought this up in the lobby a couple of times but basically got a couple shot-in-the-dark sujestions as to how to fix it, and a "thats not possible".

Second, the new auto-away feature always sets me to 'away' after a short time, regardles of if I'm actually talking in the lobby or not. I ended up disabling the 'set client away when inacative for 15 min' so that I wasn't always shown as away.

Has anyone else been having these problems?

The third and final issue (not related to GCQL, but the game it self) is by far the biggest, or atleast the most ennoying one that I think almost everyone has been having. I've been calling it the acceleraton bug. Basically it causes you to have a heck of a time slowing down and speeding up your ships about half the time, since the ships speed seems to get stuck at random values, regardless of what you've set it at. Often immediatly after coming to a complete stop my ship accelerates back up to a speed of about 1-2 on it's own. This sucks when you've just orbited a planet, the bug causes your ship to break orbit, and when you arn't paying attention, BOOM!

It would be great if these could be looked into.

- SGK

P.S. - My mouse still dissipears if I blow up while rotating the camera! (hardware cursor) I thought this was 'fixed' a while back...

[ This Message was edited by: SpaceGK on 2011-05-03 20:09 ]

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2011-05-03 20:51   
Acceleration bug has been around for a while, the only thing I've found that helps is turn your ship and hit S after coming to a stop and that sometimes works.

Reznor
Marshal

Posted: 2011-05-04 00:19   
IIRC, that bug showed up when they changed the packets to reduce desync. Your client doesn't send it to the server, and the server doesn't send it back to you. But yes, pressing S to reset your heading fixes it. I've gotten in the habit of hitting it after every maneuver.

Interdictor: (DS) A planetary emplacement or Cruiser Class vessel capable of preventing FTL travel in a certain radius.

SpaceGK
Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2011-05-04 16:43   
Has anyone else had the issue with the auto-login not working?

Gejaheline
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2011-05-05 10:23   
Quote:

On 2011-05-04 16:43, SpaceGK wrote:

I've only had that problem if my config.ini file is read-only or, if you're on Windows Vista or 7, when not running it as an administrator and/or with UAC misconfigured (which is essentially is by default).

Are you using Win 7 or Vista?

Alcedo
Chief Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2011-05-05 15:33   
Quote:

On 2011-05-04 00:19, Reznor wrote:
IIRC, that bug showed up when they changed the packets to reduce desync. Your client doesn't send it to the server, and the server doesn't send it back to you. But yes, pressing S to reset your heading fixes it. I've gotten in the habit of hitting it after every maneuver.

Hitting S doesn't always work for me, unfortunately. Also, on a sidenote, the long time it now takes for platforms to get their resources updated after you drop on them. Can that also be a desync issue?

[ This Message was edited by: *Alcedo* on 2011-05-05 15:34 ]

Email Alcedo
SpaceGK
Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2011-05-05 15:52   
Quote:

On 2011-05-05 10:23, Gejaheline wrote:
Quote:

On 2011-05-04 16:43, SpaceGK wrote:

I've only had that problem if my config.ini file is read-only or, if you're on Windows Vista or 7, when not running it as an administrator and/or with UAC misconfigured (which is essentially is by default).

Are you using Win 7 or Vista?

I'm running XP. I didn't change any of DS's settings around the time that this occured, and I didn't mess with any of the system files.

I used to use auto login all the time. Shortly before I started having problems I disabled it for a few days, DS got a few updates including some to GCQL, I re-enabed auto login a few days after that, and it hasn't worked since.

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2011-05-05 16:19   
Auto login works for me.

Tick it when logging in.

Page created in 0.019738 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR