Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.0 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Relient
19th - Entil-Zha the Starkiller

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » why i chose this faction
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author why i chose this faction
Xavier I. Agamemnon
Grand Admiral
Exathra Alliance Fleet

Posted: 2011-04-30 22:56   
Quote:

On 2010-06-14 04:35, Starcommand wrote:
Well figured to make a place for people to post on WHY they chose there home faction. This is for people who are LOYAL to there faction, no stupid faction hoppers.

This pic here was so awesome looking,
http://www.darkspace.net/downloads/darkspace2.jpg
its why I picked ICC.

There ships look awesome, uglies looked almost not human and just didn't fit space combat look. Also ICC was with shields, I always in any game, picked defense over offense, and ICC fit that role.

Anyone else?

i found this an intresting topic (got bored went rummaging into the forums)
so i felt like renewing this topic. and also it was my 200th time playing the game without switching fasctions at all.

I joined ICC was becuase they were the faction that i felt had been out gunned and outnumberd(i like to go agenst the odds). i also thought that ugto ships didnt look human and never was atracted to try them. and luth well i dont hate them but reminds me of a shadow ship(babylon 5 tv show). i like to try taking them out becuase of that some times.

so anyone can say anything if there loyal to that faction
[ This Message was edited by: Agamemnon =CO= on 2011-04-30 23:00 ]

Xavier I. Agamemnon
CD/I.C.S Spartacus
HC/I.C.S Athena
CDD/I.C.S Achilles
Leader of the Exathra Alliance Fleet.

Email Xavier I. Agamemnon   Goto the website of Xavier I. Agamemnon
*FTL*Soulless
Marshal

Posted: 2011-05-01 01:21   
well before i got bored fighting from fargo, or taking luyten only to be shoved back my Uggie shroom spam i was ICC cause they generaly are outnumbered, outgunned Ect. I liked the challange it presented but thats untill i got bored and started playing luth too

Email *FTL*Soulless
CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-05-01 03:18   
i choose icc because they have the best ships hands down.

Scout pwns
friggy pwns
dessy pwns
Cruiser pwns
Dreads pwns
stations get pwned

lol

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-05-01 06:17   

Cloak. Plain and simple.

I chose Kluth because of the cloak. I've always been a fan of sneak attacks, and hit n run guerrila tactics. In FPS games, I love hiding in some obscure corner with a sniper rifle and taking other unaware players out.

I love it when I decloak off some noob-in-a-supp/engie's ass and one-shot him into a ball of flames.

[ This Message was edited by: Kenny_Naboo[+R] on 2011-05-01 13:46 ]

Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-05-01 07:56   
i play luth becuase my cloak makes ugto and icc QQ

Email Borgie
Forger of Destiny
Chief Marshal
We Kick Arse

Posted: 2011-05-01 08:02   
I chose K'Luth because of their purpose-built ships.

Best extractor. Best heavy transport.
Best advanced engineer.
>THE< best super supply ship.

K'Luth don't waste EW slots on choosing ECCM or ECM. You just need a good eye to win.

The v1.5-current mandible is the best admiral-ranked assault ship. It can kill most UGTO and ICC with its torpedoes and beams.

We don't waste ship slots on fighters. We just don't.

Best JumpDrive, but 75% of the newbies don't know that.

AHR, which means that I can force enemies into submission by short and repeated attacks. *sadist*

And finally, the piercer. Best combat-endurance-tracking-quick interdictor ship, was, is, and always shall be. Did you know that you can hull a stock v1.5 HC with a stock piercer? No, you didnt.

Cloak? Forget it, its there only to taunt enemies.

Fatal Perihelion
Chief Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2011-05-01 11:51   
Quote:

Cloak? Forget it, its there only to taunt enemies.

taunt!?...cmon, it is almost useless to track a Kluth without beconing, in turn as Kluth you may comfortably track people, watch the scene on F2 being cloaked...
Survivability because of cloak you cant deny, you will never convince me.

I play and stay ICC, because they have the most specialized ships, UGTO ships are just thugs to me, Kluth is just too easy to me, but i love their style and their sound.
Beside that, i like the ICC part in the Galactic Lore the most and the edgy look of ICC ships. I am conservative with games and dont switch easily.

Now sorry for faction facism, cant help and hide the "hatred" sometimes, just part of the game. ;D

Incinarator
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-05-01 12:15   
I had a hard time choosing between the ICC and the K'luth at first because my favorite fighting style is long range sneak attacks..... but when I saw the Krill and its long range ability I went to K'luth. Repeated hit and run attacks with a decently ranged ship is so fun.

doda *EP5 no longer exception...*
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-05-01 14:00   
Ugto, why? I liked the look of their scouts

SpaceAdmiral
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-05-01 14:07   
I leiked the assault corvette the most.

merebear
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-05-01 19:16   
I like ICC because of ranged attacks and shape of ships

Reznor
Marshal

Posted: 2011-05-01 23:11   
I like a challenge too. UGTO had too many players (hasn't changed in over a year), and K'luth was (is still) way too easy. That left ICC.

They were my first choice anyway because their ships are the coolest looking, and they're the GOOD GUYS in the lore (UGTO are greedy businessmen, and K'luth just came in and took what wasn't theirs. Though I'm a little sympathetic to thier cause, being refugees and all.) .

Plus they have shields. You can't have spaceships without shields. Unless it's Babylon 5. That is the exception.

Interdictor: (DS) A planetary emplacement or Cruiser Class vessel capable of preventing FTL travel in a certain radius.

SpaceAdmiral
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-05-02 00:12   
Quote:

On 2011-05-01 23:11, Reznor wrote:
I like a challenge too. UGTO had too many players (hasn't changed in over a year), and K'luth was (is still) way too easy. That left ICC.

They were my first choice anyway because their ships are the coolest looking, and they're the GOOD GUYS in the lore (UGTO are greedy businessmen, and K'luth just came in and took what wasn't theirs. Though I'm a little sympathetic to thier cause, being refugees and all.) .

Plus they have shields. You can't have spaceships without shields. Unless it's Babylon 5. That is the exception.

Ironically Darkspace was inspired by B5.

Also, before the efficient pd system every faction hopper went ICC to missile spam UGTO. The old pd system shot 1 beam at a time, meaning pickett ships were utterly useless. So there was a period of UGTO lacking numbers.

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-05-02 01:15   
i do wonder what clicked in the game to bring about two things that i think are killing the hell outa gameplay and the icc faction

1. Depo planets- depos have been around since befor i started in 09. they have always had the same requirments to build, and have functioned in the same way. What, in the last three months, gave rise to def 22 depo planets that can repair ships from dead to full health in seconds? What made it just now catch on? When i started, fleet actions were heavily relliant on players in supply ships. This made players stick to gether and work together as a team to take objectives. Now insta heal rocks give rise to one man armies.

2. <---died due to my inability to express how i feel about fargo wars in a manner that did not sound like QQ. Lets just say fargo wars are stale.

Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-05-02 02:17   
I dont choose to play as kluth ,because i am kluth. I was born in this way. When i was born from my mother , the medical team was so suprised they couldnt call me a "thing". My mother yelled, "throw him , if he falls he is a reptile and if he flies he is a bat". When the doctor threw into air , I just activated my defense device. I hell cloaked. They were suprised more than before. When i sensed there was no danger I decloaked. I notice i had 15 seconds timer to cloak again. Anyway after that day my mother left me . I was adopted by a senator. I hated to go to pray every sunday . Then i killed my adoptive parents. 9 years ago , i was lurking on internet to find some alien girl friend. Strangely i found darkspace instead of girlfriend. Since i didnt have a gf, I used to get all my stress cooled down on forums. Attacked devs without hassitation. I made them suffer! On purpose made silly topics to create 11 page of flame wars. Picked on goth day and night. Hacked his msn and spied every bit of information i could get to ruin his day. Then i was bored. I took a brake from the game. A while later , i felt something was missing. I just checked my desktop and i saw that silly old icon. I clicked on it , updated the data and here i am , once more.To ruin your day and make you rage quit darkspace.

Feel free to move this into fan fiction

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.025472 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR