No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +5.4 Days

Search

Anniversaries

15th - Rise

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Soap Box » » All things faction specific
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author All things faction specific
Gejaheline
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2011-04-26 04:40   
Quote:

On 2011-04-25 21:28, Kenny_Naboo[+R] wrote:
If you suddenly put in disadvantages, why should they still be worth 800?

Strictly speaking, that would be up to the developers and the people who own the game, since it (effectively) deals with real money.

However, given a suitable range of enhancements with some decent choices of advantage and drawback, I know I would certainly still value enhancements because they would let me modify my ship to suit my own personal fighting style. For example, I would be happy with a speed enhancement that reduced my armour because I would not be expecting to be hit as often due to my increased evasion abilities.

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-04-26 04:50   
Quote:

On 2011-04-26 04:40, Gejaheline wrote:
Quote:

On 2011-04-25 21:28, Kenny_Naboo[+R] wrote:
If you suddenly put in disadvantages, why should they still be worth 800?

Strictly speaking, that would be up to the developers and the people who own the game, since it (effectively) deals with real money.

However, given a suitable range of enhancements with some decent choices of advantage and drawback, I know I would certainly still value enhancements because they would let me modify my ship to suit my own personal fighting style. For example, I would be happy with a speed enhancement that reduced my armour because I would not be expecting to be hit as often due to my increased evasion abilities.

I don't disagree with you that anything pertaining to the game and its design will be up to the devs.

But players do pay real money for creds which are then used to purchased the enhancements based on their current attributes. I'm not being trying to be difficult. Just trying to put some perspective into things.

It could work if you phased out the old enh, and introduced the new ones with the disadvantages, while allowing players who already own those enh to retain their existing statistics until their durability is gone.

U get what I mean?

Gejaheline
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2011-04-26 05:01   
Quote:

On 2011-04-26 04:50, Kenny_Naboo[+R] wrote:
It could work if you phased out the old enh, and introduced the new ones with the disadvantages, while allowing players who already own those enh to retain their existing statistics until their durability is gone.

U get what I mean?

Well, yes, if the prices changed I wouldn't expect people to not be reimbursed in some way, either by getting to keep the enhancements until they wore out or by returning credits to them.

SPaRTaN Z
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-04-28 07:18   
Quote:

On 2011-04-25 00:52, Defiance*XO* wrote:
In the MV im constantly being engaged by qst at ranges >1200gu from ships with no enhancments that would affect range.

QTST range is 1080gu at a standstill. Players with tharis can fire qtst approx 1240gu.
There is no bug.
There is VERY little chance that you are being CTRL shot at this range, its just far too inaccurate as the autoaim takes into account enemy momentum and therefor makes CTRL targeting @ range a waste of ammo.

[ This Message was edited by: *SPaRTaN Z* on 2011-04-28 08:07 ]

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-04-28 19:17   
Um. QST have awesome splash, so I hope you keep on not using them at range...

And Kenny, just a tad bit of economic education:

A value for any given item is set by the producer. In this case, it was set for whatever arbitrary number that the producer decided to start with. As supply and demand don't exactly come into play, instead it is a demand and satisfaction principle. If the enhancements are not deemed by players to be as valuable as the producer has set them, than they do not sell. The producer must then reduce his price in order to move his product. When things fly off the shelves, so to speak, the producer is well within common sense to raise those prices.

Now, if you feel that 800 credits is too much for the enhancement, than you will not buy them. If EVERYONE feels this way, prices will change.

I sincerely doubt that there will be much outcry. There are too many of us who realize how broken they are now.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-04-28 22:42   
Quote:

On 2011-04-28 19:17, Azreal (Ret) wrote:

And Kenny, just a tad bit of economic education:

A value for any given item is set by the producer. In this case, it was set for whatever arbitrary number that the producer decided to start with. As supply and demand don't exactly come into play, instead it is a demand and satisfaction principle. If the enhancements are not deemed by players to be as valuable as the producer has set them, than they do not sell. The producer must then reduce his price in order to move his product. When things fly off the shelves, so to speak, the producer is well within common sense to raise those prices.

Now, if you feel that 800 credits is too much for the enhancement, than you will not buy them. If EVERYONE feels this way, prices will change.

I sincerely doubt that there will be much outcry. There are too many of us who realize how broken they are now.

That I realize. If the stats were to change tomorrow and the cost remained, I would have a choice whether to buy it or not. Everyone would.

I'm talking about the enh I currently own. I paid 800 for 6% and nothing else. It wouldn't be right to change the ones I own and installed without giving me an option to refund it. You paid that amount for the specs at the moment of purchase, and that's what you expect it to do.

Broken or not, OP or not, is another matter altogether.

[ This Message was edited by: Kenny_Naboo[+R] on 2011-04-28 22:43 ]

Reznor
Marshal

Posted: 2011-04-28 23:34   
Makes me think of TF2. Old items are considered "Vintage" . So if you switch over, you could leave the old enhancements as "Vintage". As times moves on, they become more and more rare (Leading to some lucrative exchanges for Enhancement hoarders ) .

Honestly, the keyword is balance. The scale tips too far one way (Krill with full range enhancements/weapon multis) or the other (AD with full defense upgrades) . While these 2 ships balance out vs each other, if you don't have EXACTLY what is required to counter it, you're at a massive disadvantage.

Also: loling that jamesbob is still getting bashed, even after having taken a month hiatus . Poor guy.

Interdictor: (DS) A planetary emplacement or Cruiser Class vessel capable of preventing FTL travel in a certain radius.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.010707 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR