No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +5.2 Days

Search

Anniversaries

15th - Rise

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Soap Box » » Stargate: The End of the Wormhole
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author Stargate: The End of the Wormhole
Thernhoghas
Grand Admiral
Exathra Alliance Fleet

Posted: 2011-05-09 05:46   
I liked Stargate

I purely blame SGU for the end of the Stargate series.

SGU sucked >_<
I really like SG-1 and SGA, but SGU was...........

let me put it like that:

after 10 min into the first episode of SGU I got this urge the choke it's creators -.-

Sops
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2011-05-09 19:14   
People did not boycott SGU because they wanted to see SG-1, people didn't watch SGU because it wasn't interesting. It did get a bit better near the end tho.

P2.
Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2011-05-10 14:17   
Not that I have to kill himself.
But one thing is certain.
Original Stargate, Atlantis or Universe
Original Star Trek, New Generation, Deep Space 9, Voyager
Babylon 5
Gallactica
Firefly
more ...

and many, many movies

It is the way in which we dream of a different world, while living the reality of a world that wastes resources and self-destructs in pursuit of money and power.

All have been a loss but with my 55 years I can tell, do not despair is always something new to keep dreaming.

Above and beyond

Email P2.
Reznor
Marshal

Posted: 2011-05-10 14:50   
I liked SGU !

It was a little too new galactica for me, but it had no annoying cliche (OMG, ANYONE'S A CYLON, IT COULD BE YOU) that bugged me. It dropped some of it's charm by not having an O'neill(Richard Dean Anderson) character in switching to a new show, and ended up really serious.

At least in the other series, when the world is about to end, you have O'neill or Sheppard make some ridiculous statement to sum everything up and it's hilarious. I felt that was the only thing missing (except for the episodes where Richard Dean Anderson guest starred ) .

Interdictor: (DS) A planetary emplacement or Cruiser Class vessel capable of preventing FTL travel in a certain radius.

JBud
Marshal

Posted: 2011-05-11 00:24   
Quote:

On 2011-05-10 14:17, P2. wrote:
Not that I have to kill himself.
But one thing is certain.
Original Stargate, Atlantis or Universe
Original Star Trek, New Generation, Deep Space 9, Voyager
Babylon 5
Gallactica
Firefly
more ...

and many, many movies

It is the way in which we dream of a different world, while living the reality of a world that wastes resources and self-destructs in pursuit of money and power.

All have been a loss but with my 55 years I can tell, do not despair is always something new to keep dreaming.

Above and beyond

Well said

Email JBud   Goto the website of JBud
Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-05-11 03:24   
Quote:

On 2011-05-10 14:50, Reznor wrote:
I liked SGU !

It was a little too new galactica for me, but it had no annoying cliche (OMG, ANYONE'S A CYLON, IT COULD BE YOU) that bugged me. It dropped some of it's charm by not having an O'neill(Richard Dean Anderson) character in switching to a new show, and ended up really serious.

At least in the other series, when the world is about to end, you have O'neill or Sheppard make some ridiculous statement to sum everything up and it's hilarious. I felt that was the only thing missing (except for the episodes where Richard Dean Anderson guest starred ) .

I'll be honest. I liked the original SG movie. It was interesting in some ways. The "ancient gods were Aliens" thingie always amuses me. So does Zacharia Sitchin's Nibiru theories anyway.

OK, so basically the SG movies were still watchable for me. The series, well... I dunno.

OK OK I'll admit it. I hated the cheesiness of McGyver, and having Rich Dean Anderson in SG kinda put me off the show and entire franchise

[ This Message was edited by: Kenny_Naboo[+R] on 2011-05-11 03:25 ]

Azure Prower
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-05-11 04:13   
Quote:

On 2011-05-11 03:24, Kenny_Naboo[+R] wrote:
Quote:

On 2011-05-10 14:50, Reznor wrote:
I liked SGU !

I'll be honest. I liked the original SG movie. It was interesting in some ways. The "ancient gods were Aliens" thingie always amuses me. So does Zacharia Sitchin's Nibiru theories anyway.

OK, so basically the SG movies were still watchable for me. The series, well... I dunno.

OK OK I'll admit it. I hated the cheesiness of McGyver, and having Rich Dean Anderson in SG kinda put me off the show and entire franchise

Oh you're one of those.

But seriously, the show not taking itself seriously is what made it good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qfgdlw1Z88I

If you aren't amused or don't enjoy the video from @ 4:50 onwards, you have no soul.

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2011-05-11 04:28   
Richard Dean Anderson did the voice for Killian Darkwater in Fallout. He's like the Chuck Norris of voice acting.

Nax
Marshal

Posted: 2011-05-12 11:58   
I'll miss SGU myself. Atlantis was mediocre at best until it had a chance to catch it's stride somewhere in the second season. For that matter, many otherwise good series often had the same sort of problem...they needed some time to work out what clicks with the audience. (ie, DS9)

Of course, some series were doing fine only to drop off a cliff near the end (Andromeda).

Sadly, there just doesn't seem to be much no that I'm highly motivated to watch right now. Series like Sanctuary are just too cheesy for me...and Amanda Carter does not have a British Accent!!!!!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.018226 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR