No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.8 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » General Support » » Solar Generator bug
 Author Solar Generator bug
Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2011-04-10 12:11   
Lopez, M7827, Violet, and Cydex in the Lacaille system are glitchy with solar gens. They build fine, but after a short time will show as producing no power and the planet displays power outages, tech loss, food shortage, pop dying, etc. even though the gens are actually working, if you relog they once again display properly for a short time and the planet is back to normal. You can launch from the SY on Lopez with no problem but you need to relog to dock there because of this glitch.

For Violet the solar gens never display as producing power but they actually are, it functions normally (Interdictor stays on, shield protects from bombing, defenses fire at enemy ships) even though they display as producing no power.

I'll cover the obvious points that I'm sure will be made just to save time. It is not a placement issue (all gens are in a ring around the equator like most other planets with solars), it is not an issue of distance from the sun (Lopez and M7827 are practically ontop of the star, and other planets that are farther away than all of these work fine with no glitches), it's not a population shortage issue, and no the build was not aborted prematurely, they were all 100% constructed.

I'll stress this point again for those who skim over posts without reading the entire thing. They actually WORK just fine, it's a display error only, but it does interfere with building and docking since they display having a power shortage, and it has the appearance of causing food/tech/pop shortage unless you relog, in which case it behaves for a short time then goes back to displaying incorrectly.

Tellaris
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2011-04-10 15:54   
You're desyncing. Thats why restarting the game client fixes it.

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2011-04-11 12:50   
I doubt it's desynch, it happens every time and only with those specific planets and it will happen again after restarting as well, it just gives a few seconds to dock or whatever before it starts up again.

Page created in 0.011585 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR