No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +4.5 Days

Search

Anniversaries

1st - UntenHund

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Can you please
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author Can you please
Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2011-04-06 01:44   
Quote:

On 2011-04-05 22:30, Kenny_Naboo[+R] wrote:

I love enemy AIs. They're make for tasty, yet nutritional snacks.

What he said. AI are barely a threat even in large numbers, the only thing they're really good for is speeding up planet capture or defending a planet against other AI when you're busy elsewhere.

SpaceAdmiral
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-04-06 02:58   
Quote:

On 2011-04-06 01:44, Talien wrote:
Quote:

On 2011-04-05 22:30, Kenny_Naboo[+R] wrote:

I love enemy AIs. They're make for tasty, yet nutritional snacks.

What he said. AI are barely a threat even in large numbers, the only thing they're really good for is speeding up planet capture or defending a planet against other AI when you're busy elsewhere.

You try hitting enemy planets with human defenders +8 or so heavy cruiser/dessie allies.

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-04-06 05:15   
Quote:

On 2011-04-06 02:58, SpaceAdmiral wrote:

You try hitting enemy planets with human defenders +8 or so heavy cruiser/dessie allies.

The presence of multiple player ships changes the whole scenario. I was talking about a pure AI fleet. Tasty morsels, them all.

But even if it's a single player ship with many AIs, you can still goad the AI into chasing you. Just sneak in a shot or two on them (or the player ship they're defending) and watch the AI fleet go into disarray as they break formation.

Animyx
Chief Marshal
Army Of Darkness

Posted: 2011-04-06 11:04   
i noticed that the ICC ais like to play with one particular gate in luyten, they just sit there for hours going in and out of the same gate, i sat there with a EAD for 30 min poppin em, when one died, another came and took its place, then a MI longhead comes and joins the dance, the number should be reduced slightly but not too much, we still need AI's to keep me entertained when no-one is online, MI longheads also give you a nice wad of pres, i think around 200-300 per kill, which aint too bad tbh... my suggestions: reduce number of ai's slightly and fix em so they dont keep swarming round one gate in luyten (i think its the luten/cin gate)

Lock 'N' Load

Krim {C?}
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2011-04-06 18:45   
Quote:

...AI are barely a threat even in large numbers ...

Not true. I've been on the defensive end of a flet of AI all attacking me at once.

AI are barely a threat even in large numbers, when they're not being controlled.

Once you have 8-10 AI attacking a single ship the threat is alot higher. Sure they don't have much in the way of tactics, but when you have a swarm attacking you because they were all ordered to it becomes very difficult. On the bright side, you can jump away and most of the AI will chase you, but then again, the person who ordered all the AI on you can just change thier tasking.

Anyway. AI are certainly a threat especially when they're under the control of a Player. (or tron'ish User)

GTN - Veneratio est Totus

Goto the website of Krim {C?}
Gejaheline
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2011-04-06 19:44   
Quote:

On 2011-04-06 18:45, Krim {C?} wrote:
Anyway. AI are certainly a threat especially when they're under the control of a Player. (or tron'ish User)

This is one reason why I think it would be interesting to have only command ships be able to order other ships around; would mean that could only employ AI as a good weapon if you have a ship that's set up for it.

Lrd_Hunter
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-04-08 08:30   
hey gen are yall going to do anything about commands ships i agree that would help with the ai more. that and all the other stuff about the commad dreads that has been posted lately be nice there a usless hunk of junk on any faction.

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2011-04-08 09:21   
Quote:

On 2011-04-06 18:45, Krim {C?} wrote:

Not true. I've been on the defensive end of a flet of AI all attacking me at once.

AI are barely a threat even in large numbers, when they're not being controlled.

Once you have 8-10 AI attacking a single ship the threat is alot higher. Sure they don't have much in the way of tactics, but when you have a swarm attacking you because they were all ordered to it becomes very difficult. On the bright side, you can jump away and most of the AI will chase you, but then again, the person who ordered all the AI on you can just change thier tasking.

We're talking about AI alone, not player ordered AI. But even a swarm of AI ordered to attack you by a player can be easily dealt with provided you aren't in something too slow to dodge.

Krim {C?}
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2011-04-08 11:41   
Quote:

On 2011-04-08 09:21, Talien wrote:

We're talking about AI alone, not player ordered AI.

I don't see the distinction, they're one and the same. The original poster is commenting on the random AI fodder, i'm commenting on thier use against players in an ordered fashion. All AI can be ordered, it's not like you can only order scouts around.

GTN - Veneratio est Totus

Goto the website of Krim {C?}
SpaceAdmiral
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-04-08 14:38   
Quote:

On 2011-04-08 09:21, Talien wrote:
We're talking about AI alone, not player ordered AI. But even a swarm of AI ordered to attack you by a player can be easily dealt with provided you aren't in something too slow to dodge.

So you frequently capture enemy planet clusters with only destroyers?
I'm sorry, but if there are enemy dreads/stations guarding a cluster, you're gonna need bigger guns. Even if they all leave, a planet does significant damage, enough to make destroyers run away.

How about this, imagine you are being chased by 5 player heavy cruisers which only blindly chase you and spacebar mash? Even if they follow you in a straight line, the moment they catch up its gonna hurt. Add one intelligent player and...

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.016966 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR