No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +4.5 Days

Search

Anniversaries

1st - UntenHund

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Can you please
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author Can you please
Mr.Grim[Loyalist]
Marshal

Posted: 2011-04-05 02:01   
Lower the number of AI in the MV or just kill them off completely there more anoying then they are usefull i dont mean to QQ but they always get in the way or there never there when you actually want them so i dont see a point to them at all i dont really want them gone but seriously lower the number of them its ridiculus

*Flash*
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-04-05 03:17   
agree with u Grim.
[ This Message was edited by: *Flash* on 2011-04-05 03:18 ]

Email *Flash*
Alcedo
Chief Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2011-04-05 04:25   

As the image above shows, the AI are the source of a lot of distress signal spamming. Its really getting tiresome sometimes. I very much agree to having AI numbers drastically reduced.

Email Alcedo
Ravendark
Marshal
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2011-04-05 06:22   
or make them less independent, more controllable. more...cute good little puppy like make them sit at planets and guard them, not wander around and do random things...like stalk you, crash into planets, shoot each other

*Nemesis*©
Chief Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2011-04-05 06:48   
Agreed, remove all or lower at least.

-Shadowalker-™
Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2011-04-05 07:35   
i say remove all

Email -Shadowalker-™
Gerlach
Marshal

Posted: 2011-04-05 07:45   
I say 1 dread, 2 cruisers, 2 destroyers, 2 frigates, 1 supply, 1 engineer with at least 15 minutes spawn each.
It gets kind of annoying when you get jumped by the same ship you killed just 3 minutes ago (talking from my experience with K'Luth mandible).

\"I'M HEAVY METAL \\m/>_<\\m/ !!\"

Tommas [ USF HunnyBunny ]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-04-05 08:06   
Faustus already stated that AI`s are to stay, so live with it.

However i think the spawn rate should be changed somewhat. Like when an enemy is having 10-15 ais around him, and go cap planets, then we jump in and kill the ai ( to reduce the number, so the planet wont get capped ), it wont take long before hes back with a new wave of ais. This is annoying.

Also i think there should be a way to remove these ai spam on one single planet, today its enough with a command dread and and an ai fleet to cap planets in 5mins. Heck u don't even need an player there, just send all ais to an planet to cap, then when its capped u go in and bombed the enemies infs off, and while u doing this, u send the ais to the next planet. Its to easy.

Fatal Perihelion
Chief Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2011-04-05 08:13   
From my personal ICC point of view only Kluth AI transports are anoying, zounds of them come every day and force us to guard or fix planets, MI does too of course.

UGTO AI only annoys if someone uses them to do the dirty job in battles.

The good things about AI: It might be too empty in space without them especialy for new players who dont want to do Newbie Sector or Scenario,
they could just say "What a game is this? No enemy? Deserted? I wont play this game."

Second: If there is nothing to do AI helps in capturing planets, so you can still plan some bad things with AI, if no other friendly players are on or if all are afk or something.

You should also know: If your faction is under pressure AI becomes anoying, if everything is under control.. do you realy care then ? ( ;

All in all i am ok with lowering AI numbers, but i dont realy care.

Edit:
Reply to last post:
It is not THAT easy to capture a planet, it takes more then 5 minutes and enemy ai will come. Maybe i am not good enough,
but i think you just overdraw a little here.
I have never seen a single player or even just ai spam capturing one of our planets.

I went to Lalande once with a Command Carrierr, i could ECM bomb and cap a planet all alone, but it took time. And once the planet is about to fall, the hell is goin to break lose and AI will come and respawn come and respawn.. unless you got the majority of the whole system...
[ This Message was edited by: Fatal Perihelion on 2011-04-05 08:25 ]

Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-04-05 08:28   
Quote:

On 2011-04-05 08:13, Fatal Perihelion wrote:

Edit:
Reply to last post:
It is not THAT easy to capture a planet, it takes more then 5 minutes and enemy ai will come. Maybe i am not good enough,
but i think you just overdraw a little here.
I have never seen a single player or even just ai spam capturing one of our planets.

I went to Lalande once with a Command Carrierr, i could ECM bomb and cap a planet all alone, but it took time. And once the planet is about to fall, the hell is goin to break lose and AI will come and respawn come and respawn.. unless you got the majority of the whole system...
[ This Message was edited by: Tommas [ USF HunnyBunny ] on 2011-04-05 08:29 ]

Actually it is this easy, just order around 10-15 ai to one planet and wait for the planet to cap, the minimum cap time for planet is 5minutes. So if you get enough ships in, it takes 5minutes.

This is ofc if no one interferes...and so on. ideal if this game had tons of players, this wouldn't been a problem at all.

Ravendark
Marshal
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2011-04-05 11:04   
i still want ai to say. it would really become to lonely. also why would any new player want to stay then? i know i lost my motivation few years back cuz all i could fight was dreads...and i was in frigate still...and that was no fun at all.
let ai stay, but give them a new mind. guard own planets patrol between them. thats all. its what actual fleets would probably do. patrol, when no orders. yes? yes?

Krim {C?}
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2011-04-05 11:56   
Make spawn rates based on the amount of control you have in a particular system. Based on the value of the planets you own.

That way maybe fleets might actually attack planets that make sense, like terran planets, to establish a beachead.

Eh, just a thought. Otherwise I can't stand AI and yes tweak thier behavior, why do AI constantly cycle between gates?

Also, maybe we could turn off "Enemy Detected" if they're AI and not human? Problem with distress calls half the time they happen so often i'm practically ignoring them because theyre just too common from AI all the time.

GTN - Veneratio est Totus

Goto the website of Krim {C?}
SpaceAdmiral
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-04-05 13:03   
Well its really annoying ICC and Kluth get 20 or so AI attacking UGTO cuz they are "outnumbered". Really hindered UGTO in the weekend with ai popping up every 30 seconds.

Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-04-05 13:06   
Quote:

On 2011-04-05 13:03, SpaceAdmiral wrote:
Well its really annoying ICC and Kluth get 20 or so AI attacking UGTO cuz they are "outnumbered". Really hindered UGTO in the weekend with ai popping up every 30 seconds.

Cant go a day without some QQ can we. bubuhubu he got more then me post.

Anyways i like Krims idea, though devs has made it per number of human players i think.?

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-04-05 22:30   

I love enemy AIs. They're make for tasty, yet nutritional snacks.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.021073 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR