Combat Kills

Combat kills in last 24 hours:
No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Sir Oblivion {C?}

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » General Support » » Intentional effect, or glitch?
 Author Intentional effect, or glitch?
Ne-iri-gal
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2011-03-30 16:47   
This is an issue I haven't had until today when I started playing around with the Piercer and it's inderdictor field. Myself and the two guys with me have lost visual representation of our shielding. We have no rings.

Then there is a problem only I'm having. I have no shielding at all. On top of that, even if I'm not being shot at, my hull is taking damage. Numbers are just randomly rolling off of me. Not having a shield is bad enough, self destroying hull makes it worse. Is this some awful side effect of the inderdictor, or a glitch?

Gejaheline
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2011-03-30 16:52   
The / key will toggle armour rings, so try that. If it doesn't work, you have something squiffy going on with your machine.

As for interdictor cruisers killing you with their interdictor devices... No, that's not meant to happen. I can only guess that either you're massively desynchronised and someone is shooting at you that you can't see, or you're near a planet that's attacking you.

Ne-iri-gal
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2011-03-30 16:54   
Thanks, Geja.

Edit: Hitting "/" worked. My girlfriend was messing around with the game while I was using the restroom (when ended up in a self destruct, YAY! and accidentally did it. What happened to my friends... I can't even guess. They're special.)

Second Edit: It turns out that you're right, I'm not taking random damage. It's invisible ships (and before I think their weapons were invisi too). Out of the three of us playing, the ships seem to be appearing to no more than one of us at a time. Half of the time the ships aren't appearing to any of us, but we'll still be able to see the missiles and lasers.

Do you know how scary it is to only be fighting a frigate, and when it dies the credit was given to a Dreadnought? We don't have a dreadnought to fight back with, and we can't see the invisible ships even if we did. So, I figure this is just a temporary problem.

Problem solved(ish)
[ This Message was edited by: Ne-iri-gal on 2011-03-30 17:44 ]

Page created in 0.010507 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR