No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +6.1 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Sir Oblivion {C?}

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » General Support » » Question about multiple accounts
 Author Question about multiple accounts
Azure Prower
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-03-27 02:40   
Quote:

On 2011-03-26 21:12, BackSlash wrote:
I'd like to remind all players that using multiple acounts at the same time, in-game, is prohibited in the DarkSpace Rules of Conduct for any reason, including the one stated below.

If you have multiple accounts, brothers, sisters, uncles, aunts, goldfish, whatever - log off of that account before logging into yours.

Quote:

Using multiple accounts in-game to provide an advantage over a single ship is prohibited.
A single player commanding multiple ships in a single game server is forbidden, as it provides that player an unfair advantage over others. Whereas DarkSpace is at its core a team game, and ships are balanced assuming that one person controls one ship, having multiple ships can provide a clear advantage for a single player. This is therefore forbidden.

[ This Message was edited by: BackSlash on 2011-03-26 21:47 ]

What about quick logging out on one account and logging into your alternative account to pass enhancements from one account to another before the two minute timer runs out?

Forger of Destiny
Chief Marshal
We Kick Arse

Posted: 2011-03-27 04:12   
Quote:

Using multiple accounts in-game to provide an advantage over a single ship is prohibited.

What about quick logging out on one account and logging into your alternative account to pass enhancements from one account to another before the two minute timer runs out?

The rule is very self-explanatory - using multiple accounts to have an advantage over others is prohibited. But using 2 accounts just to pass enhancements is not an advantage, given you do this at a place where possibility of combat with enemies is nearly zero (deep space), and you are not using the ships for any other purpose (mining with many ships, multi-building etc).

Just remember to log out as soon as possible once you pass the enhs so noone /reports you for using multiple accounts.

Xpander
Chief Marshal
Portuguese Space Invaders

Posted: 2011-03-27 07:35   
Hi to all...

My name is Hugo , im from Portugal and i play Ds 1 or 2 months ago.

I started to play , the fisrt week i played alone , but showed the game to a friend of mine (Luis aka Dreamer 2012)

in the end of the first week , i take my Pc to Luis house so i can explain the game to him and we start to play togheter .

another friend of us showned up that weekend , Nuno aka Totti , and i explain the game to him too.

since then , we normally play thogheter on weekends on Luis house..

Nuno doesent have Net in home , so during the week he comes to my house to play.
Luis haves Net , so during the week , he plays in his house .

Yesterday , some MOD came to me and Totti , saying that we were the same person with multiple accounts running at the same time.

how can i prove that what he said is not real...

we really r different persons.

On weekends , we r 3 persons in the same connection , on normal week , ramdomlly , Nuno comes here to play a little in the end of the day before dinner.

i just wanted to say , that i am avaliable to help all MOD´s questions anytime.

i wish a GOOD GAME FOR ALL COMMUNITY ......

Hugo aka Xpander

Inductive Soul *S*
1st Rear Admiral
Fatal Squadron

From: Farr West, UT, USA, North-East America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Universe 3
Posted: 2011-03-27 08:15   
So, if I would to happen to have 6+ monitors and a beefy graphics card and ram, I would not be allowed to (try) to play 6 accounts at once like on WOW, EVE or any other game like this?

Email Inductive Soul *S*   Goto the website of Inductive Soul *S*
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2011-03-27 09:15   
[quote]
On 2011-03-27 08:15, Inductive Soul wrote:
So, if I would to happen to have 6+ monitors and a beefy graphics card and ram, I would not be allowed to (try) to play 6 accounts at once like on WOW, EVE or any other game like this?
[/quote

This is what the rule is trying to prevent. We do not support "multi-boxing", as it's known in MMO circles.

Forger of Destiny
Chief Marshal
We Kick Arse

Posted: 2011-03-27 11:03   
Quote:

Yesterday , some MOD came to me and Totti , saying that we were the same person with multiple accounts running at the same time.

Your situation is a complicated problem. One way I can think of for your help is to take a photo of yourself, luis and nuno while you play DS together. That should hopefully be enough to convince MODs that you are three people.

Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-03-27 12:18   
Quote:

On 2011-03-27 11:03, Boomshot wrote:
Quote:

Your situation is a complicated problem. One way I can think of for your help is to take a photo of yourself, luis and nuno while you play DS together. That should hopefully be enough to convince MODs that you are three people.

not dounting this guy, but there is a flaw in your logic. whats not to say he grabs 2 family members and poses them around 3 computers and say this toti,other guy and my self?

Email Borgie
| Dark Hiigaran |
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-03-27 14:21   
what about this ...
i have 79.8 ship caps ... I HATE DECIMAL NUMBERS (i want full number)
and id log in on 2 accounts and group and go caping just to fix it ? (i calculated and i need another 4 or so grouped with 1 player ship caps to fix this)

Email | Dark Hiigaran |
Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2011-03-27 15:01   
.....Just group with another player who can do something else while you go capping?

Gejaheline
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2011-03-27 18:22   
Quote:

On 2011-03-27 02:40, Azure Prower wrote:

In my humble opinion? No, if only because I would then encounter a suspicious number of people who were "just passing across enhancements, honest."

It's not the action I find particularly objectionable, since presumably one has spent the time or money hunting for those enhancements regardless of which account that time/money is spent on, but it opens a potential loophole for abuse.

Page created in 0.013831 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR