No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +4.1 Days

Search

Anniversaries

1st - UntenHund

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Please fix the Shipyard exploit
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author Please fix the Shipyard exploit
Azure Prower
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-02-15 05:03   
Shipyard exploit, what is that?

It's when you're capping an enemy faction's shipyard planet and a member of the enemy faction decides to pop out with more or less a station to take pot shots at you.

When you return fire at the station, they simply just redock at their shipyard and a moment later pop out again to take more pot shots at you. Repeating this as they dance around their shipyard planet undocking/redocking over and over.

If you manage to wear down their station even, they pop out with ANOTHER station that they have docked there.

I don't think this is intended way to avoid death let alone return fire. Why was the blockade system taken out in the first place?

If there was a solution, may I suggest when a planet is not in 100% control of that faction, their shipyard is under blockade? Or perhaps a timer between undock and redocking?
[ This Message was edited by: Azure Prower on 2011-02-15 05:04 ]

Cory_O
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-02-15 08:28   
You could simply bomb the planet until the shipyard is non functional.

I am the monster in your head. I am the phantom under your bed. I am the broken string when youre hanging by a thread. I am the darkness when the light fades away. When the buds of hope begin to sprout I am the harvester.

DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-02-15 11:34   
Blockade is still in game.

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-02-15 11:48   
Quote:

On 2011-02-15 11:34, chlorophyll wrote:
Blockade is still in game.

But it doesn't seem to work half the time.

I have watched people literally keep spawning in and out of planets that are blockaded.

Its an old, old exploit. Its why we even have Blockade in the first place. Its just picky about when it decides to work. Like signature.

-Ent

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2011-02-15 12:30   
The planet gets blockaded at 20% control.

Azure Prower
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-02-15 12:54   
20% seems a bit low and allows people to dance around their planets undocking/redocking when defending them.

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2011-02-15 13:06   
I'd have to agree - we'll look into it.

Azure Prower
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-02-15 13:12   
Alright, thanks. Appreciate it BackSlash.

Drafell
Grand Admiral
Mythica

Posted: 2011-02-15 15:32   
Need to implement that docking delay timer that has been often requested.

How about requiring ships to be aligned to the planet in order to dock? It would mean that a station would have to align to the planets center before docking would initiate, similar to how jumping works.

[ This Message was edited by: Drafell on 2011-02-15 15:34 ]

Goto the website of Drafell
Admiral C. Wilson
Admiral

Posted: 2011-02-15 15:40   
I saw this today. A UGTO station was doing this to a bunch of AI Combat Dreads. Fix please

Email Admiral C. Wilson
Dakili
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2011-02-15 15:58   
Yeah yesterday me, azure and saint were at a UGTO SY when someone popped up a station (Planet was around 60-70% control). He almost got killed so he docked and then came back with an other station. But luckily for us, i was in a brood and was bombing the inf off the planet (as well as the pop) so the SY went off. But if I wasn't bombing, he could have spawned all his ships/stations.

And for the rotation thing, I don't think it's a good idea. Well maybe for docking, but we need something else for the undocking. Because being able to undock until a planet is 20% control is a bit too much... Maybe at 80%?

I remember when bloackade was up, just one ship showed up and you couldn't undock. If we put the blockade at 80% i think it would be better. Knowing that the % is the control a race has on a planet, it would mean they would only control 80% of the planet and some people might not work for them (Kind of on strike?) so any structure could be affected. It's just for the control % and the blockade is actually when someone is blocking people from leaving/entering the planet. Remember star wars: The phantom menace? It's the same thing.

Anyways I think we should put blockade around 80% or so. Would give some time for the defenders to defend their planet, but not enought so they can just spawn dock/undock.

SpaceAdmiral
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-02-15 17:36   
Quote:

On 2011-02-15 15:58, Fleet Admiral Maxwell House wrote:
Yeah yesterday me, azure and saint were at a UGTO SY when someone popped up a station (Planet was around 60-70% control). He almost got killed so he docked and then came back with an other station. But luckily for us, i was in a brood and was bombing the inf off the planet (as well as the pop) so the SY went off. But if I wasn't bombing, he could have spawned all his ships/stations.

And for the rotation thing, I don't think it's a good idea. Well maybe for docking, but we need something else for the undocking. Because being able to undock until a planet is 20% control is a bit too much... Maybe at 80%?

I remember when bloackade was up, just one ship showed up and you couldn't undock. If we put the blockade at 80% i think it would be better. Knowing that the % is the control a race has on a planet, it would mean they would only control 80% of the planet and some people might not work for them (Kind of on strike?) so any structure could be affected. It's just for the control % and the blockade is actually when someone is blocking people from leaving/entering the planet. Remember star wars: The phantom menace? It's the same thing.

Anyways I think we should put blockade around 80% or so. Would give some time for the defenders to defend their planet, but not enought so they can just spawn dock/undock.

80 seems a bit high, as here people can bum rush the system before an enemy has a chance of responding. Maybe 40-70.

Dakili
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2011-02-15 17:51   
Well 80 still takes some times, except if of your someone ai spam. That's why i think Ai shouldn't be used for capping planets but yeah. 80 still takes some time when your 4-5 ship (most of the time its the number of ships i see capping a planet) but we could lower that to 60. But 20 is really too low.

Gejaheline
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2011-02-15 19:16   
I'm thinking that planets should probably become blockaded if they're at anything less than 100% control. The shipyard crews would obviously be too busy manning the point defence, and any ships launched would be sitting ducks at the bottom of the gravity well.

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-02-15 19:33   

I'm thinking more along the lines of a docking corridor that comes with every SY.

The SY is located on the planet's surface, and any ship that wants to dock should be within a cone that reaches out up to 250gu from the structure. Ships that undock will also appear within this cone.

That way we can still keep the blockade at a low percentage, say 50%. Any ship that undocks will appear within that cone, and the enemy/attacking force can position their ships to intercept and fire upon any ship that undocks and appear there.

You can also set criteria for these conditions.
Eg:
Below 75% you can still undock, but can't dock. Make sense since you can't line yourself up for an approach if the area is under attack.
Below 50%, you can't undock or dock.

The other idea goes back to the much discussed idea of a spacebound SY. Or a SY plat. I don't think any of these capital ships.... especially a 1.5km dread, or a 4km large station.... should have any atmospheric capabilities!!

These plats can appear larger than the existing plats (station sized maybe) and take thrice as long to build (more costly in terms of resources).

Just keep the implementation simple. Nothing fancy like many modules to make an SY, or needing 2 or more engis to build, etc etc.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.019155 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR