Combat Kills

Combat kills in last 24 hours:
No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Sir Oblivion {C?}

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Soap Box » » SGU Season 2.5
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author SGU Season 2.5
Dakili
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2011-02-15 00:07   
the reason why its not renewed its not cause it's "crap" or "garbage" but because 2 million people is not enough for syfy to continue it.

I don't know what you don't like about the characters... they're not the big heroes unkillable from the SG1 or from SGA series. Most of them are all selfish and stuff like that. I think they feel more human though and that SGU should go through the end. Hell if you don't like it, just don't watch it? Not that hard and a lot of people actually like this show, even if some people say its a "copy" from BSG or other stuff, it's still interesting and fun.

JBud
Marshal

Posted: 2011-02-15 00:07   
Right now the focus is on SGU, there is no Atlantis movie until SGU gets a solid finish. They were hoping for 5 seasons of SGU before even thinking of getting the Atlantis crew back together, so the fact that Syfy did not renew SGU means Atlantis movie is sooner, but not until SGU gets wrapped up. IF SGU never gets wrapped up, then the Stargate Atlantis movie will be scrubbed and the franchise will likely die.

I blame all of you who come up in here hating on SGU because without SGU, there would be no more Stargate at all.

(Go ahead and browse the internet to verify what I have said, it's all absolutely true, Atlantis is a bust without SGU's finisher, whether it be another season on a different network, or a movie to wrap up the storyline. If SGU gets scrubbed, the budget is gone and SGA gets nowhere.)

Email JBud   Goto the website of JBud
Dakili
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2011-02-15 00:17   
Quote:

On 2011-02-15 00:07, JBud wrote:
Atlantis is a bust without SGU's finisher, whether it be another season on a different network, or a movie to wrap up the storyline. If SGU gets scrubbed, the budget is gone and SGA gets nowhere

Forgot to mention this too. Was reading an article the other day saying the same thing. What i know is that the SG franchise is actually trying to find someone else to put SGU on but I haven't got any news about that. Hopefully, both of them (SGU-SGA Movie) will work out.

SpaceGK
Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2011-02-15 16:56   
My origonal post has been updated.

Quote:

On 2011-02-15 00:17, Fleet Admiral Maxwell House wrote:
Quote:

On 2011-02-15 00:07, JBud wrote:
Atlantis is a bust without SGU's finisher, whether it be another season on a different network, or a movie to wrap up the storyline. If SGU gets scrubbed, the budget is gone and SGA gets nowhere

Forgot to mention this too. Was reading an article the other day saying the same thing. What i know is that the SG franchise is actually trying to find someone else to put SGU on but I haven't got any news about that. Hopefully, both of them (SGU-SGA Movie) will work out.

Hopefully there is SGU/SGA movies coming at some point down the road. I expect there will be, but the question is exactly when. Different sources seem to say different things.

As far as the SGU franchise trying to find another channel to host it. I heard that it won't be happening. (My origonal post has been updated with a little more info on this) But, if it did I would think SPACE would jump at the chance if it was for the right price, since SGU is it's most-watched series.

jedi42
Grand Admiral
Evil Empires Inc.

Posted: 2011-02-15 21:37   
My big issue with SGU is that around the time it started getting watchable, was about the time they decided to turn it into a cross between BSG and Star Trek Voyager.
jedi42, darkjedi42, [drunk], hoid o' toitles, evil, rum, cl2k drainer, gdi, {C?}, hive teets, fusion mating, perfect cloud formation, death star, point jump, tractor scout, torp det, def cluster, cloaked elf

SpaceGK
Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2011-02-15 22:23   
Although it is in a way like Voyager with them trying to get home, it is a little...different.

In Voyager they knew where they were, and knew enough to be able to start flying in the right direction back towards Earth. It seemed that in every episode they were doing the same thing. Finding a new life form of some sort, having some sort of disagreement or conflict with them, and then moving on their way just to repeat it in the next episode. I did watch quite a few of the Voyager episodes, but it got pretty ruitine after a while. The storyline in Voyager was also pretty minimal. Each episode they got almost no closer to to home, and not much was carried on from episode to episode so there was never really a reson to tune in next week for the conclusion, except for the odd multi-part episode. The Borg children are the only things that I can think of that were carried on for very long. Any life-changing experiences that the crew went through were forgotten at the end of each new episode. So, last episode your ship almost blew up three times, 4 crew members died, you were victum to some transporter accident and therefore mixed with Tuvolk sorry if thats spelled wrong (somehow), but don't worry, everything will be normal again next episode.

As far as BSG goes, I haven't watch more then a couple episodes of it so I can't really comment on it. All I know is that they were trying to get home and the Cylons were advanced robots that the humans created. I think?

SGU. They have no idea how they're going to get home. Now that they've found the bridge and have super-alien-Chloe they could proabily plot a corse to Earth, however they relize unlike in Voyager that even if they turned around now they'de be lucky to be dust by the time they got there. (yes, i relize they're much further away from home then Voyager) Theres also the problem of food and water, unlike in Voyager where they had replicators to make they everything they need. Although the food and water probelm may make you think "BORING! start blowing stuff up already!", it adds a little more dimention to things, like the 'act of good faith' of giving the Lucian Alliance food/water after their invasion. Every week theres something that makes you wonder about whats going to happen down the road, such as TJ's baby (was it safe, or dead?), the alien spacecraft that detached from Destiny's hull at the end of Air P3, the huge cliff hanger at the end of S1 with everyone's life a risk in a different way, plus the Lucian Alliance, and radiaton threats, now the fait of the Destiny at the end of the first half of S2 and just what the heck was Chloe doing at the computer terminal interface?, and of course, whats Chloe changing into? Theres more questions to be answered then in Voyager, thought there definatly is simularities.

As far as SGU's acting being bad, i'm going to have to dissagree with that one. Compared to SG1 and especially SGA, the acting is much better. In SGA I found that what the characters were going to do next was often quite perdictable on both the writing/scripting level, and with how the actors were going to make their character react to things. I'm not sure what kind of experiece the actors had in SG1/SGA, however I do know that in SGU alot of the actors have stage experience, and in some cases, past television experience. In my opinion the acting in SGU is better then past Staragates.

For those of you who watched the first season of SGU and didn't like it, I recomend you try watching the second season with a slightly open mind. Now that the story line has been establish nicely (and I found you have to pay attention to that story line or the whole thing just isn't the same), I recomend you give S2 a try. Its had more action and its been a little faster pased.

- SGK

Azure Prower
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-02-15 23:45   
Quote:

On 2011-02-15 22:23, SpaceGK wrote:
such as TJ's baby (was it safe, or dead?)

The baby's dead. Then they tried to soften the blow by saying 'oh wait it's alive.' We didn't kill a baby on TV... 'oh wait, it was a dream that didn't really happen to save you from emotional distress.' Psyche! Another unneeded story line in a bunch of pointless stories going on. It was stupid to begin with.

The only person's story line who has advanced the plot was Rush.

Even Telford's story line was a mess. I'm on your ship, I'm screwing your wife, I'm a spy, I'm mind controlled, I'm a double agent, I'm on another ship, I'm chilling with some aliens, I'm on a boat. What the hell?

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-02-16 02:59   
+1 to the guy above..

This is the worst crap.. ive listened to 5year olds with stories more captivating!...

btw azur, your little spout made me think of those old spice commercials.
[ This Message was edited by: Defiance*FTL* on 2011-02-16 03:05 ]

JBud
Marshal

Posted: 2011-02-16 04:43   
The storyline with TJ's baby was supposed to add to the drama and depression, remember that SGU is drama based. As far as Telford's Duplicity (And beyond) well it makes him a complicated character, and I am very glad to find out he's back (always been an LDP fan). We will see where this whole line of events will take us in the next couple of weeks as SGU returns on Mar. 7th.

Also, the original poster did ask for positive comments only, so please kindly take your crap and get out of this thread.

Email JBud   Goto the website of JBud
Azure Prower
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-02-16 05:32   
Quote:

On 2011-02-16 04:43, JBud wrote:
The storyline with TJ's baby was supposed to add to the drama and depression

Exactly. It served no other purpose other than "OMG drama and depressing." It didn't further the story at all. Very poor implementation.

An example of good implementation of an element in a movie/TV show whilst furthering the story line at the same time:

Girl meets Guy -> Girl and Guy fall in love while on the run -> Girl and Guy have sex -> John Connor is born soon after!

It's not just:

Girl meets Guy -> Girl and Guy fall in love while on the run -> ZOMG meaningless sex to give you a hard on like most of the scenes in SGU!

Quote:

On 2011-02-16 04:43, JBud wrote:
Telford's Duplicity (And beyond) well it makes him ...

...an unbelievable character who is very inconsistent.

Here's my "positive" comment. Rush is an example of a well developed character who is furthering the story line. That's all I got.

If you really don't like people pointing out the bad points of this particular show. Maybe the OP shouldn't have created this thread? Expecting all positive comments is unrealistic.

You seem to think you have the right to defend the show, but no one has the right to point out the flaws in your defence.

[ This Message was edited by: Azure Prower on 2011-02-16 05:45 ]

Stevefin
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2011-02-16 05:40   
I personaly would have liked to see it till the end of its five serries aggrement, The ending episodes will just feel too rushed here, especialy since they did sack it right in the middle of a combat episode

jedi42
Grand Admiral
Evil Empires Inc.

Posted: 2011-02-18 23:08   
Quote:

On 2011-02-16 02:59, Defiance*FTL* wrote:
+1 to the guy above..

This is the worst crap.. ive listened to 5year olds with stories more captivating!...

Agreed.
jedi42, darkjedi42, [drunk], hoid o' toitles, evil, rum, cl2k drainer, gdi, {C?}, hive teets, fusion mating, perfect cloud formation, death star, point jump, tractor scout, torp det, def cluster, cloaked elf

Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2011-02-18 23:28   

Lrd_Hunter
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-02-19 00:47   
here the problem with sgu and take it how you want. the reason that i point it to being like battlestar galtica is the fact that it ruined the series.

granted awsome combat scenes with both series but to much drama in the series. you can defend it by saying it supposed to be a drame series.

(if i want to see a series that want to make me kill my self i would watch days of our lifes or some other stupid sope opra)

the sg series had drama but it was a fun series. same with sga. granted same thing over and over but the fact is it was fun to watch. the problem with bsg and sgu is it has to much drama. they both ruined perfectly good series.

you say there are 2 mil people that liked it but there are many more millions that hated what they did to the series.

i mean both of them one min somone bad guy next there good again next episode had bunch of sex then they throw in combat then the guy be a bad guy again.......................boring.

but whatever the series could have been better it had potential but they just ruined it totally killed it. oh well maybe some day in the future someone can revie both series and fix it but for now the series needs to end.

Azure Prower
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-02-19 05:36   
Quote:

On 2011-02-18 23:28, Doran wrote:

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.023359 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR