No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +4.7 Days

Search

Anniversaries

1st - UntenHund

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Cloak bug
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author Cloak bug
CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-02-11 00:30   
id be more than happy to go into beta with some players and try to replicate this.

(obviously cant test by myself)

Alcedo
Chief Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2011-02-11 03:14   
What we are trying to report has nothing to do with fading in and out/flickering. The ship simply does not cloak. It happens regardless of the energy level of the Kluth ship. The targeting diamond and armor ring disappears, but the ship itself stays perfectly visible. Also, sometimes all the enemy ships can see this, at other times only some or just one.

The Kluth players are not aware of the fact that they are not cloaked. To themselves they appear cloaked. That’s a major problem, they cannot report on this, because they don’t see it. They are only aware of it when told so by a player on one of the other factions.

There is also the case of Kluth ships uncloaking and firing at you, but you are not aware of that. You only realize something is going on when you notice your armor going down. You don’t see the ship shooting you. Sometimes you see just the armor ring and diamond, but no ship or weapon/beam fire.

Also, sometimes a Kluth ship will cloak, but still appear uncloaked to other Kluth ships, and vice versa.

This is a serious bug. The fact that it appeared at the same time as the new fade-in/out/flicker-when-low-on-energy system and that it is mainly noticable to the other two factions makes it very difficult to report on. Complicating matters is the fact that it appears randomly, it is not predictable.

Email Alcedo
DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-02-11 03:53   
I don't have problem with cloak bug when I'm luth. But I swear I saw a cloaked Hive firing at me and I could see it.

Btw, is there any bug with undock ship armor? I always dock with 100% armor but when I put it out, it's at 50% armor.

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-02-11 04:07   
it happens so often for me, every time i log in im bound to see it four or five times in a three hour playspan. I see it happen to Players, and AI alike.

Mostly when there in dicto feilds... actualy.. i only remember one instance where the bugges ship was outside of a dicto feild (freindly or neh)

Always when im over 150 latency as well.
[ This Message was edited by: Defiance*FTL* on 2011-02-11 04:08 ]

SpaceAdmiral
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-02-11 04:17   
If this helps a day (or maybe a few days) before 1.6, I was in my alt's MD.
I saw a luth krill behind me, no diamond, no armor. I thought he was just bugged and waiting for a chance to decloak and kill me, but I noticed I was losing hull. apparently he was uncloaked and shooting at me, but all I saw was a kluth ship pointed towards me.
This was also the day where a planet was extremely bugged, and maintained viable pop when getting nuked by 3 MDs. (pop would RISE every tick) Also, structures at 100% damage stayed there, and after a long while...repaired themselves...

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2011-02-11 06:32   
Just spent an hour in-game trying to cycle through all of the scenario's I could try, until Azure Power hinted that it happened when he was firing and tried to cloak.

After trying a few times, I managed to catch it, but it was a 1/20 chance.

I'll try some more, and see if I can nail it - but it looks promising.

Azure Prower
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-02-11 06:35   
Backslash determined the cause of the cloak bug when testing out just now. It's caused by when K'luth ships are firing all guns and immediately use cloak.

While your guns are continuing to fire while you are cloaking. Backslash says that the server prevents you from firing while cloaked. So it picks one.

Work around until this can be fixed is to wait a few seconds after firing your weapons before you cloak if you are K'luth.
[ This Message was edited by: Azure Prower on 2011-02-11 06:36 ]

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2011-02-11 06:40   

Try not to cloak then fire. You're telling the server to process two lockout commands, and it'll process either one of them, but not both. So you might fire, but not cloak, or you might cloak, but not fire (but it's usually the other way around).

Before, the cloak bug got cycled back and forth so that once you got inflicted with it, your cloak was reversed. Due to the recent patch, this can now only happen during one state. So once you get struck by the bug, all you need to do is uncloak to return to a normal state.

Workaround for now, as Azure stated, is to not fire your weapons at the same timeas you initiate a cloak, or after.
[ This Message was edited by: BackSlash on 2011-02-11 06:46 ]

Tommas [ USF HunnyBunny ]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-02-11 09:09   
So, whos the girl in the background?

Gejaheline
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2011-02-11 09:30   
Quote:

On 2011-02-11 09:09, Tommas [ USF HunnyBunny ] wrote:
So, whos the girl in the background?

Me, obviously.

But yeah, the cloak bug is annoying. Why am I saying this, as a non-K'luth player?

Because when they're invisible but targetable, all of the bugged ship's weapon fire is also invisible, which means you have no idea what they're doing to you or how to dodge it.

Good to know that it's been found to be replicable.

AP0LLYON
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-02-11 10:19   
Quote:

On 2011-02-11 03:14, *Alcedo* wrote:
What we are trying to report has nothing to do with fading in and out/flickering. The ship simply does not cloak. It happens regardless of the energy level of the Kluth ship. The targeting diamond and armor ring disappears, but the ship itself stays perfectly visible. Also, sometimes all the enemy ships can see this, at other times only some or just one.

The Kluth players are not aware of the fact that they are not cloaked. To themselves they appear cloaked. That’s a major problem, they cannot report on this, because they don’t see it. They are only aware of it when told so by a player on one of the other factions.

There is also the case of Kluth ships uncloaking and firing at you, but you are not aware of that. You only realize something is going on when you notice your armor going down. You don’t see the ship shooting you. Sometimes you see just the armor ring and diamond, but no ship or weapon/beam fire.

Also, sometimes a Kluth ship will cloak, but still appear uncloaked to other Kluth ships, and vice versa.

This is a serious bug. The fact that it appeared at the same time as the new fade-in/out/flicker-when-low-on-energy system and that it is mainly noticable to the other two factions makes it very difficult to report on. Complicating matters is the fact that it appears randomly, it is not predictable.

Nailed it, the only way we know if were bugged is if the enemy decides to /y the bug to us, majority of the time they don't and get the free kill and take advantage of it but sometimes you get an honest player that does tell you .

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-02-11 10:24   
Ty staff for believing in us. Means allot.

Thanks again

Delando
Marshal

Posted: 2011-02-11 14:58   
yep, been having this farly consistantly for last week. wasn't sure if it was just me, since i'm on public connection.

generally relog fixes it.

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2011-02-11 15:55   
Quote:

On 2011-02-11 14:58, Delando wrote:
yep, been having this farly consistantly for last week. wasn't sure if it was just me, since i'm on public connection.

Just decloaking fixes it.

NoBoDx
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-02-12 02:13   
Quote:

On 2011-02-11 15:55, BackSlash wrote:
Quote:

On 2011-02-11 14:58, Delando wrote:

Just decloaking fixes it.

thats a (at least) 15sec work around simce most of the time you want to be cloaked and have to wait to recloak again
i usually use the cloak to escape, but
- realizing that im still visible
- uncloak
- wait 15sec
- recloak
can be quite fatal

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.022899 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR