No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +4.2 Days

Search

Anniversaries

1st - UntenHund

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Cloak bug
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author Cloak bug
Tommas [ USF HunnyBunny ]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-02-10 17:09   
First issue, energy drains to 0. It appears im at 0 speed, cloak or not cloaked.
Tried to quik relog, when i got in again, the game thinks im running at full speed and in cloak. After 5-10 secs i go back to not beein full speed. But the energy drain is still there.

Secund issue. Something with the diamond that is not viewbal to others when im uncloaked, like the server thinks im cloaked?

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2011-02-10 17:47   
Judging from the fact that this has not been reported by anyone else, and you're not receiving repclication data, I'd say there's an issue with your connection, or the client is having an issue with your firewall/router setup.

The single fact you're not receiving replo data means there's something up on your end.

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-02-10 17:51   
You uncloak, we see a diamond with your name and that is all. You cloak, we see your ship with no diamond or targeting reticle at all, but your ship is still quite visible and easy to hit by anyone who can ctl+click space. Sometimes Kluth are visible, can hit you, but you get no diamond or anything. So what to do?

I'd like to say that I wont fire on people in this condition, but it has cost me a few deaths to do so. You can't tell wth the K'Luth pilot is trying to do, and next thing you know is that you suddenly have no armor. So I am firing on whatever I can hit. If the bug is faction breaking, than it should be addressed. But that is not my problem. I am personally not going to lose ships anymore trying to figure out if the enemy is bugged or not.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2011-02-10 19:06   
K'luth ships in this condition are on low power, and the efficiency of the cloak is lowered considerably. This change was made when we discovered the root cause of the cloak bug a few patches ago.

Now when a player runs out of energy, the cloak will flicker, but what you have known as the cloak bug is no more.

What Tommas is describing is something completely different, and is an issue with his connection between the client and the server.

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-02-10 19:23   
So, a ship with no energy cant cloak. I get that.
How then does a no energy ship, that is nothing but a diamond and a name when I click on it, do damage to me, if they are in a state of wanting yet unable to cloak? If they have energy to fire weapons, they would be cloaked. If the ship is in cloak or cloak attempt, weapons are interlocked, not active.

I have not imagined this, nor am I the only one that has witnessed it.

I understand the official line is "there is no cloak bug". I just believe my eyes more than anyone's words.

And by the way, this issue is one that just started two patches (maybe three including today's) ago. This isn't something I have been seeing for three months and just speaking up about now.

And I sure wouldn't bother reporting Kluth having a cloak bug as an ICC player. I leave that to the luthies.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2011-02-10 19:56   
I'll look into it as much as I can, but myself and three other developers tested the cloak bug fix in beta for over an hour to ensure it was gone.

The very fact that Tommas received no replication updates means there was something either on his end, or between him and our servers, that was stopping that from happening. If everyone stopped receiving the updates, then it'd be the server at fault - since that wasn't the case (we'd notice if it was), we have to look at other faults.

This particular incident was purely caused because of a lack of connection. A client that stops receiving updates, or fails to send them because of a connection fault cannot be expected to behave normally.

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-02-10 21:27   
If your bugged and im in the mix, expect a freindly /y chat letting you know.

i hate it when i die due to bugs, so i try to warn others of them.

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-02-10 22:15   
Quote:

On 2011-02-10 19:06, BackSlash wrote:
K'luth ships in this condition are on low power, and the efficiency of the cloak is lowered considerably. This change was made when we discovered the root cause of the cloak bug a few patches ago.

Now when a player runs out of energy, the cloak will flicker, but what you have known as the cloak bug is no more.

What Tommas is describing is something completely different, and is an issue with his connection between the client and the server.

I can understand the low power issue Jack.

But I've been shot at repeatedly in cloak even when my energy is at full level. And they're not pinging I can assure you. There's no scout around. Just a single player dread 800 to 900 GUs away pelting me with QSTs repeatedly.

So I just assume that some cloak bug still exists somewhere, or I'm desync'ed and the server has not detected that I'm cloaked. I dunno which is it. But I just know that I'm definitely not low on energy.

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2011-02-10 22:20   
I appreciate the acknowledgement of this bug, but without information there's not much we can do. As I said, a few of us spent have spent a good deal of time trying to reproduce the bug, and we nailed it with the update a few patches ago.

Unless someone has fireproof reproduction steps, there's not much we can do until someone spots the cause in code at random.

If you want to help, reproduction steps (bulletproof, 100%, bonafide) are pretty much the only way we'll squash the bug quickly.

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-02-10 22:44   

It's kinda hard to pin down too. It doesn't happen all the time. That's the irritating part.

I can only suspect or know I'm bugged when ppl start targetting me precisely and firing on me (not blind fire) repeatedly when I'm cloaked, with full energy (usually at the start of an attack approach) and I know that there're no scouts around, or they're not effectively pinging me.

Usually, I'll just retreat and quicklog and that should fix the issue.

Just by the symptoms mentioned above, I kinda suspect that it's less about the cloak and more to desync.... I hit V, my client says I'm cloaked, but the server doesn't know this.

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-02-10 22:52   
Quote:

On 2011-02-10 22:20, BackSlash wrote:
I appreciate the acknowledgement of this bug, but without information there's not much we can do. As I said, a few of us spent have spent a good deal of time trying to reproduce the bug, and we nailed it with the update a few patches ago.

Unless someone has fireproof reproduction steps, there's not much we can do until someone spots the cause in code at random.

If you want to help, reproduction steps (bulletproof, 100%, bonafide) are pretty much the only way we'll squash the bug quickly.

I have a hunch it accores with us who have low end machines.

I see the bug quite often and am runnign a 2.7gh single core cpu with 1gig of memory, 64mb gfx card.

i regularly run at less than 10fps. Anyone els on high end machines experienceing this problem?

i think the server forgets to tell my client what state the affected ship is in. Thus i see them when cloaked.

It happens more often when my latency is high, than when its not. Ie missile/fighter swarms nearly always produce the bug for me.

All recent incedents have happen at fargo rock. That could just be due to the popularity of the zone, rather than the zone itself. About half the time this happens, the enemy ship is within a freindly dictor zone.

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2011-02-10 23:12   
It's impossible for the state of cloak to not be transmitted, as we included this with the replication system. Meaning every update, the server will send down the state of your ship to all clients, this includes the cloak flag. This is why when we say you cannot be desynced, we mean it.

I suspect the problem lies somewhere in the ship logic.

Reproduction steps are pretty much the key to all bugs (and as all game developers will tell you, they are the holy grail). If you want to help, finding out how to do it 100% each time (or near enough) is what we need.

Tommas [ USF HunnyBunny ]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-02-10 23:58   
Hm..yesterday there was two more ppl that had the same issue with the energy, so im not alone.

That beein said, yesterday was the first time for me, ive heard other complain about it before, so im surprised no one have reported the bug earlier.

As far as replicating it, its impossible. Played a few hours and it was just the last 10minutes it happened. But as i said, the server thought i was going full speed it seems. When i wasn't on my screen.

Think there was one that made a video out of it, but cant remember who it was. Would be good if he uploaded it.
[ This Message was edited by: Tommas [ USF HunnyBunny ] on 2011-02-11 00:01 ]

AP0LLYON
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-02-11 00:13   
Having same issue, have more than 3 quarters power and full hull but when i cloak they can see my ship just not see a red diamond.. and i have to log to correct the issue

AP0LLYON
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-02-11 00:17   
Another question I have is how come my speed gets stuck going a certain speed, like its jammed ? I actually have to raise my acceleration past what its at and then come back down or i have to turn and try to accelerate just to get my speed to go to 0... I've heard a few others having issues with this as well but is there a known cause for this?

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.021996 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR