No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +4.1 Days

Search

Anniversaries

1st - UntenHund

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Shipyard Suggestion
 Author Shipyard Suggestion
Pimpalicious Nerd {C?}
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2011-02-09 08:39   
I've noticed recently that, for some reason, more and more lately people have been scrapping Starports from planets that have Shipyards. This causes the planet to run out of resources very quickly, after people transfer ships to the planet, change parts on their ships, or spawn new ships at the planet. The purpose of the Starports is to allow the free flow of resources amongst the planets in the server, not just in the same system, to the planets where the demand is highest. Some people seem to fail to understand that, so I think we should implement this idea as a quick-fix for this issue:
Quote:
Require a functioning Starport in order for the Shipyard on the same planet to function.

By making it a prerequisite, the overall experience for players can be made less frustrating, so they don't have to go all the way back to the home systems to spawn a ship and then transfer it nowhere near where they need to go.

Thoughts? Ideas?

Sens [R33]
Admiral

Posted: 2011-02-09 11:37   
Acceptable.

Email Sens [R33]
Thernhoghas
Grand Admiral
Exathra Alliance Fleet

Posted: 2011-02-09 11:45   
I like this idea, but it would be quite annoying in scen. I made the experience, that the AI always seems to take away the resources from the shipyard planets :/

Eledore Massis [R33]
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2011-02-09 14:21   
Quote:
On 2011-02-09 11:45, Thernhoghas wrote:
I like this idea, but it would be quite annoying in scen. I made the experience, that the AI always seems to take away the resources from the shipyard planets :/

I shall take a look at the resources priority system. Because it should fill up the Sy planets first.

jamesbob
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-02-09 17:55   
Quote:

On 2011-02-09 14:21, Eledore Massis [R33] wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-02-09 11:45, Thernhoghas wrote:

I shall take a look at the resources priority system. Because it should fill up the Sy planets first.

thats not the problem greedy selfcentered players are the real problem resources always go to shipyard planets first i have noticed.

what you really need is to stick a big old nuke under theses selfcentered players seats and say right the next time you be a total jerk we blow you up.

i keep adding spaceports to all the planets in the cini and r33 system

i come back 6 hours later and see full planets because some self centered jerk decided to delete all the spaceports and replace them with factorys.

(and as you now may have noticed i just stoped building)

Pimpalicious Nerd {C?}
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2011-02-09 21:52   
For some reason, in Scenario the resource system seems reversed. AI transports take the resources off of planets and drops them onto planets with less resources...kind of homogonizing the system in play. I think someone forgot to make shipyard planets a priority.

Also, an addendum to my suggestion at the top of this thread:
Quote:
If a shipyard goes offline, either due to a plague or attack by enemy ships, et cetera, the AI transport system does not rob the planet of its resources, only to have to return them once the shipyard comes back online.

Reznor
Marshal

Posted: 2011-02-10 14:11   
I guess I'm guilty of doing this too :S . I had no idea that AI transports wouldn't drop resources on a planet without a starport. I always assumed they used it like players, only for picking res up, and when putting res onto a planet, you just drop it straight on.

Now I know, and knowing is half the battle!

Interdictor: (DS) A planetary emplacement or Cruiser Class vessel capable of preventing FTL travel in a certain radius.

Sops
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2011-02-11 14:09   
This may be too much work to be worth it but it would be cool if players could set a minimal resource limit for each planet.

You could prevent resources from being taken off shipyards and planets being used for modding.

Okkam
Marshal

Posted: 2011-02-11 20:02   
I like this idea, although I do not think it will change much as no one builds mines to make the resources to move.

Mines take up vital structure space that most people want to use for defences or Teir 3 structures. A lot of people do not realise the benefit of having a starport or resource gaining structures on EVERY PLANET EVER BUILT.

Barracks, aswell as shipyards, need resources to function.

To further this discussion about pre-requisite, what about making one or two structures pre-requisites of the planet as a whole. Certain structures are automatically required anyway. One being the hub, technically some sort of food processor is next and ofcourse power. Barracks are more or less mandatory anyway and so realistically should be starports.

As a planet, billions of miles away from the nearest celestial object you're going to have issues with resources or something without a starport. Food (which in this edition of the game doesn't exist as a tradable resource) and vital metals/resources like Urdanium would probably need to be traded amongst the 'empire'. Infact from a sci-fi point of view towards life on another planet, the very first thing you should build would be a starport to land the basic resources and people to build the hub and remaining structures.

Faustus
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2011-02-11 20:44   
Quote:

On 2011-02-09 21:52, Pimpalicious Nerd {C?} wrote:
For some reason, in Scenario the resource system seems reversed. AI transports take the resources off of planets and drops them onto planets with less resources...kind of homogonizing the system in play. I think someone forgot to make shipyard planets a priority.

Incorrect... SY planets have the highest priority.

Goto the website of Faustus
jamesbob
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-02-11 20:55   
Quote:

On 2011-02-11 20:44, Faustus wrote:
Quote:

On 2011-02-09 21:52, Pimpalicious Nerd {C?} wrote:

Incorrect... SY planets have the highest priority.

thats what i said

Tommas [ USF HunnyBunny ]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-02-12 18:40   
As ive mentioned before, since tech and defence structures have so high requirements, we just dont add starports and other structures that we just dont need.

Option is to have bad defence planet, or make some new faction hopper go to home planet and spawn. Is this realy a problem?

And to add starport to evry plant is not the way it should be. You chose some planets to have abit more factories/mines, and make them carrie res to sy planets. The ideal situation is to have the tranny rush from safe systems.

The ideal is that Delta pavionis to be feeding Epsilion with resources. ( an example ) This to make the front line to be in war mode and not factory/mine planets.

And to make this work, you also need to make it so the enemies to be capping Epsilion Eri 100% or green, in order to be able to go to Delta Pavinion. Ive always wounderd why we could go directly to the home system and cap home planet, without having to cap the other starsystems before home system??

Page created in 0.113457 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR