No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +4.5 Days

Search

Anniversaries

1st - UntenHund

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Cloak timer scaling
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author Cloak timer scaling
Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-02-05 20:25   
Quote:

- Changed ECM/ECCM energy drain, strength, range, and cooldown:
* Energy cost now increases per level, instead of a flat constant.
* Strength has been increased slightly per level.
* Range for both ECM and ECCM have been lowered from 500 to 200 and 1000 to 400, respectively.
* Cooldown is now 6 seconds per ship hull level.

Well, what this means is that the AOE of pinging is gonna be lowered. But this will also make scouts be able to ping you every 6 secs.

The shortened range won't matter as scouts now get in close and hit you with their beacons anyway, so the final result is that Scouts are gonna be very very deadly for Kluth ships now, especially the big ones.

Which brings me back to an older suggestion of scaling the cloak cooldown by hull size too. We all know that small Kluth ships cannot possibly hope to survive 15 secs against heavy human fire. They are supposed to be nimble, hit and run types. In fast, hit, cloak, out fast.

Their cooldown timer needs to be shortened too. With not much long range ability, these small ships have to get into knife fighting range to attack. And 15 secs of exposure for the smaller ships usually means one pass, take massive damage, and either die... or limp off with 30% hull to find the next supp plat or worker.

The Dreads and stations are fine. 15 secs. No probs. But smaller ships become impossible to use. I suggest scaling the cloak timer according to hull class too.

If having these deadly scouts around is going to be expensive on my dreads, I'll pull out my dessie and cruiser more often to attack the enemy. Net result, less stations and dreads in the MV, more dessies and cruisers.

I like that.

Now can someone tell me how to reduce dread and station spammage amongst the UGTO?

[ This Message was edited by: Kenny_Naboo[+R] on 2011-02-05 20:27 ]

SpaceAdmiral
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-02-05 20:48   
The problem is kluth and ugto small ships have to get close to do real damage...

Kluth's problem can be fixed with a shortened cloak timer
Thinking about a solution for UGTO will be a bit harder.

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-02-05 21:21   
200 range for a scout to ping and search for a cloaked ship is too small. You have removed the incentive for anyone to even bother with it.

This is a horrible idea.

scaling cloak to hull class is, however, a no brainer, considering every other device is pinned to hull class. I've always argued this myself.
[ This Message was edited by: Azreal on 2011-02-05 21:22 ]

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2011-02-05 21:32   
But what would be the "norm" that all other hulls would be based on? IMO station cloak/uncloak time is too slow which means the 15 second timer is moot, but dread cloak/uncloak time feels just about right with the 15 second timer.

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-02-05 22:10   
Quote:

On 2011-02-05 21:21, Azreal wrote:
200 range for a scout to ping and search for a cloaked ship is too small.

Maybe I agree a little with you.

Initially I thought that the 6 secs ping ping ping would be bad. Maybe 250 to 350 gus would be a good radius.

MarineKingPrime
Marshal
Exathra Alliance Fleet

Posted: 2011-02-05 22:13   
Huh?
The ECM range is 200, the ECCM range is 400

Koba
Chief Marshal
Praetorian Wolves

Posted: 2011-02-05 22:56   
i'm a little tea pott short and stout here is my handle here is my spout

Forger of Destiny
Chief Marshal
We Kick Arse

Posted: 2011-02-05 23:26   
Gratz Kenny, best suggestion of Year 2011!
I say the scaling should be 10 + (0.5*Hull level) seconds. That lets frigates and scouts squeeze away with 11 seconds, destroyers and cruisers twisting around enemy fire for 12 seconds and dreads get some appreciable 'loving' for 13 seconds. Stations take the full force of attacks for 15 seconds.

As for UGTO's dread/station spammage -
Reduce number of beams.
That lets ICC and K'Luth stations fighter-spam (not really intended, but someone needs to if UGTO aren't doing it), and Missile Dread and Ganglia to missile spam the UGTO.
This can be balanced with ugto stations getting more 1 more core weapon, and dreads by giving 1 cannon per beam removed. EAD can get torpedoes instead of cannons for balance.

This gives the stations extra damage at the cost of extreme vulnerability. They can do more direct damage, but they'll lose in large battles because of fighters pummeling them.
[ This Message was edited by: Boomshot on 2011-02-06 01:09 ]

MarineKingPrime
Marshal
Exathra Alliance Fleet

Posted: 2011-02-05 23:35   
Quote:

On 2011-02-05 23:26, Boomshot wrote:
I say the scaling should be 10 + (0.5*Hull level) seconds. That lets frigates and scouts squeeze away with 11 seconds, destroyers and cruisers twisting around enemy fire for 12 seconds and dreads get some appreciable 'loving' for 13 seconds. Stations take the full force of attacks for 15 seconds.

Reduce number of beams.
That lets ICC and K'Luth stations fighter-spam (not really intended, but someone needs to if UGTO aren't doing it), and Missile Dread and Ganglia to missile spam the UGTO.
This can be balanced with ugto stations getting more 1 more core weapon, and dreads by giving 1 cannon per beam removed. EAD can get torpedoes instead of cannons for balance.

I think that giving UGTO stations an additional core weapon will make them want to use it more.

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-02-06 00:52   
Quote:

On 2011-02-05 22:13, darksmaster923 (3IC) wrote:
Huh?
The ECM range is 200, the ECCM range is 400

Yer right. I think we misread that. 200 for ECM, 400 for ECCM.

SpaceAdmiral
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-02-06 01:23   
Quote:

On 2011-02-05 23:35, darksmaster923 (3IC) wrote:
Quote:

On 2011-02-05 23:26, Boomshot wrote:

Reduce number of beams.

I think that giving UGTO stations an additional core weapon will make them want to use it more.

Yeah but someone's then gotta be that pickett destroyer or defence frig, so there becomes more diversity.

The only problem I have is that many players who would excel in dread and stations will be forced to get pd ships, as many newer players stubbornly stick with dreads and stations.

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2011-02-06 07:58   
K'Luth Scout's, Frigate's, Engineer's, Supply's, and Transport's now have a cloak cooldown timer of 7 seconds. All other ships are unaffected.
[ This Message was edited by: BackSlash on 2011-02-06 08:03 ]

Cory_O
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-02-06 08:04   
Quote:

On 2011-02-06 07:58, BackSlash wrote:
Any ship below destroyer now has a cloak cooldown of 7 seconds; anything above remains the same.
[ This Message was edited by: Cory_O on 2011-02-06 08:04 ]

Does this include destroyers?
never mind..lol
I am the monster in your head. I am the phantom under your bed. I am the broken string when youre hanging by a thread. I am the darkness when the light fades away. When the buds of hope begin to sprout I am the harvester.

Cory_O
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-02-06 08:07   
Quote:

On 2011-02-06 07:58, BackSlash wrote:
K'Luth Scout's, Frigate's, Engineer's, Supply's, and Transport's now have a cloak cooldown timer of 7 seconds. All other ships are unaffected.
[ This Message was edited by: BackSlash on 2011-02-06 08:03 ]

All i have to say about this is: Prepare to be boarded.
I am the monster in your head. I am the phantom under your bed. I am the broken string when youre hanging by a thread. I am the darkness when the light fades away. When the buds of hope begin to sprout I am the harvester.

James 296
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2011-02-06 09:05   
Quote:

On 2011-02-05 21:21, Azreal wrote:

scaling cloak to hull class is, however, a no brainer, considering every other device is pinned to hull class. I've always argued this myself.
[ This Message was edited by: Azreal on 2011-02-05 21:22 ]

I agree with this.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.021189 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR