No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +4.3 Days

Search

Anniversaries

1st - UntenHund

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » An observation of the ICC Station
 Author An observation of the ICC Station
CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-02-05 17:43   
I would like to give my personal opinion of the biggest flaw with ICC stations at this time, in hopes that it may be fixed in the new layouts. (this is not a im right your wrong post, my observations are bias, as ive never flown a UGTO station, and only once before flew a K’luth one.

The largest problem with ICC stations is their defensive layouts. They get one plate of armor, (which goes away LOL fast, and repairs ¼ as fast as it could). The next flaw is that we have aux shield generators on the outside layer of our defenses with active shields in the middle.. (aux/active/lolarmor ) the problem with this is that even though aux reactors are about half the hp of active shield gens, 1% on them is the same as 1% on active. Because of this, when you rotate your shields to absorb incoming fire, you are converting 50% of the shield energy you displace into a weaker form. (effectively siphoning off all of your shields on your own when under fire).

I propose that the aux shield generator go behind the active one. (active/aux/lolarmor) On top of that divide the lolarmor into four plates. (though If I had to choose id rather have the aux active swap.)

or alternitivly, a bit of code that checks if the active sheild is full on the facing you are rotating to befor giving energy to the aux sheild.

[ This Message was edited by: Defiance*FTL* on 2011-02-05 17:48 ]

MarineKingPrime
Marshal
Exathra Alliance Fleet

Posted: 2011-02-05 18:36   
When you rotate to the aux shields, the aux shield percentage goes up far faster with minimal displacement of energy.

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-02-06 02:36   
1% of aux reactor energy is equal to 1% active anergy.

if you transfer 10% active energy to your aux sheild, it only goes up by 10%

in battle when spamming a sheild rotation button to compensate for 2-3 whatever firing at one arc, you end up doing more damage to yourself than would have been done if you had just rotated your entire ship...

DarkCloudd
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-02-06 04:36   
I made the suggestion a while ago about redesigning the Aux Shield Gen. My idea would make it so that for every Aux Shield Gen you have equiped it would provide a passive boost to shield strength and recharge. I can't remember what the devs said about it at the time but it never went anywhere.

My thinking was that in redesigning it, it would actually make it more functional to us, not just adding something more that we can take away from when we rotate. If they made it so that when you changed an Aux Fusion out for an Aux Shield, your total shield would increase by 20% per arc, per Gen. It would need to have diminishing returns on it so that way ICC stations can become complete turtles with defense mode and engine tuners to increase power (or whatever enhancement does that). I believe this would help give ICC the edge in defensive capability verses other stations.

As it stands now a UTGO SS and an ICC SS cant stand even because the UTGO station can just rotate to soak up damage. An ICC station could do the same thing but with only one layer of armor underneath our shields, once we lose just one arc of shields and the layer of armor then we are at hull on every face and not just one side of the station like UTGO.

Just my thinking on it.

Chewy Squirrel
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-02-06 12:31   
I think a simpler and more elegant solution, would be to give ICC stations a unique shield generator, "Station shield generator" which is 1.5x as strong as a standard active and regenerates 2x-2.5x as quickly. The station would only have 4 of these(1 on each arc) and no aux shield generators in a stock layout. This would make managing and rotating shields on a ICC station much easier, and would remove the complexities that aux shield generators bring.

Also a button to evenly distribute shield energy between all shields would still be nice to have.

µOmniVore
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-02-06 12:36   
Quote:

On 2011-02-06 12:31, Chewy Squirrel {om nom nom nom nom} wrote:
I think a simpler and more elegant solution, would be to give ICC stations a unique shield generator, "Station shield generator" which is 1.5x as strong as a standard active and regenerates 2x-2.5x as quickly. The station would only have 4 of these(1 on each arc) and no aux shield generators in a stock layout. This would make managing and rotating shields on a ICC station much easier, and would remove the complexities that aux shield generators bring.

Also a button to evenly distribute shield energy between all shields would still be nice to have.

i agree

Email µOmniVore
Thernhoghas
Grand Admiral
Exathra Alliance Fleet

Posted: 2011-02-06 13:40   
Quote:

On 2011-02-06 12:36, *OmniVore* wrote:
Quote:

i agree

I don't think anybody could disagree.

SpaceAdmiral
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-02-06 15:31   
Quote:

ehh what about the aux energy gens for those people who want to shoot more?

MarineKingPrime
Marshal
Exathra Alliance Fleet

Posted: 2011-02-06 15:35   
Quote:

On 2011-02-06 02:36, Defiance*FTL* wrote:

in battle when spamming a sheild rotation button to compensate for 2-3 whatever firing at one arc, you end up doing more damage to yourself than would have been done if you had just rotated your entire ship...

That's not my experience with aux shield gens

Stevefin
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2011-02-06 15:37   
Quote:

On 2011-02-06 15:35, darksmaster923 (3IC) wrote:
Quote:

On 2011-02-06 02:36, Defiance*FTL* wrote:

That's not my experience with aux shield gens

+1

Reznor
Marshal

Posted: 2011-02-06 15:48   
Quote:

On 2011-02-06 15:31, SpaceAdmiral wrote:
Quote:

ehh what about the aux energy gens for those people who want to shoot more?

The stock option would have 4 aux gens, but have to option to convert them to shield gens (or that's what I gathred) .

Interdictor: (DS) A planetary emplacement or Cruiser Class vessel capable of preventing FTL travel in a certain radius.

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-02-06 15:55   
Quote:

On 2011-02-06 15:37, Stevefin wrote:
+1

youve not paid attention to your sheilds in battle then. every time you push a number key to rotate sheilds, both the aux and active sheild on that arc go up by 10%. the 10% you put on your aux is actualy only 1/2 the hp of the active. Thus it dissapears like it was never even there when under fire.

[ This Message was edited by: Doran on 2011-02-06 17:22 ]

Admiral Alucard (2IC)
Marshal
Exathra Alliance Fleet

Posted: 2011-02-06 16:45   
I know this is probably going to be deemed crazy, but when 3 UGTO/Luth(not that there seen much) stations can be sat next to each other supplying the foward one that taking the hits, it seems pretty shabby when you look at shield rotation that dosnt last half as long.

Sheilds/Weapons need to have a seperate battery so that the shields can be placed into there over charged mode, whilst the station still has a seperate battery for weapons fire so they can last the time that any other station can whilst suplying/firing.

The other option would be to give the ICC stations a stronger full armor plate so they can rely on the supply drones to last the time on the battle field like the other factions do.

I know where goign to have someone comming along saying ICC are shieds they can rotate, but when the shields drain the energy there gone, when UGTO/Luth run out of energy there supply drones are still reparing the hull/armor, sure ICC have the same "adantage" but there armor ring is pittyful

May not make sence, might, I have no clue just woke up >.>

Quod nos non interficit, nos fortiores facitrnrn

Email Admiral Alucard (2IC)
Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-02-06 17:16   
Will never get changed. We're lucky even to have defense mode, as much as ICC had to cry to even get that.

ICC expends energy for their defense, which then comes at the expense of offense. UGTO and KLuth don't get these limitations, and instead get super-fast, energy non-existent methods of practically tanking in their stations.

You get just two or three supply stations next to each other if its UGTO or Kluth then unless you have a fleet you might as well be shooting the breeze. If its two or three ICC Supply Stations you might as well camp a planet or watch your shields disapear. Don't bother hugging that depot planet, only UGTO gets to tank a fleet for several minutes with a depot planet.

Now, it wouldn't be an issue of shield energy if it wasn't so expensive. Then you could actually switch aux gens with aux shields and it would be worth the change.

It wouldn't be an issue also, if ships weren't affected by more than three reloads at once.

It wouldn't be an issue either if we didn't have the game-breaking station spam that wasn't ever part of what Devs wanted planet fighting to be about.

So... suck it up, ICC?

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-02-06 17:25   
hmm.. good point, current icc station layout makes us have to use stations as intended... (support)

rest of the factions need to fall in.

Page created in 0.026533 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR