No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +4.3 Days

Search

Anniversaries

1st - UntenHund

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Bombing Difficulties
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author Bombing Difficulties
{USS NORMANDY}Cmdr.Shepard
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-02-04 15:59   
I've been trying to bomb for a good hour and a half or so and me and a few other players a very frustrated with it. For one, whether it is due to the building's hp being increased or not, bomber fighters do absolutley no damage. I launched a wave, it did 1 percent damage. That's terrible! Then, I tried bombing with mirvs. It took me 7 waves of mirvs to take out one target, and I only hold 12 waves! On top of that, I've gained little to no prestiege. I've gained 12 prestiege in this past hour and a half. Also, I tried razing, and that did absolutely nothing either.

This is awful because I'm trying to get gold bomber, and have another 250 pres to go. At this rate, it would take forever.
Please fix this!
Much appreciated,
Cmdr. Shepard

Gejaheline
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2011-02-04 16:59   
Two questions:

One: What was the PD value of the planet you were attacking?

Two: Did the planet have a shield?

Answering these questions can help to ascertain whether there's actually a problem, or whether it's due to pilot error.

Strategery
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2011-02-04 17:19   
Coming from a person who has done a LOT of bombing:

I have had absolutely no issues bombing, whatsoever.

I would say this bombing systems is easier than in the previous past few versions.

I am having fun bombing again

I would assume there is still work being done on bomber fighters, but in any case, why are you bombing with fighters and not a bomber?? Just think, you are trying to bomb with a fighter, when Mirvs are the same size as the fighter firing smaller bombs. Are you catching what i'm pitching?? Realistically fighter bombs shouldn't be as powerful anyway.

I bombed a planet the other day as faustus was in the server and had no real issues. It took a couple runs with mirvs in a bomber dread (5 mirv battteries), so yes, it takes quite a few bombs, some patience and time, but it should take patience, as tactical bombing should not be simple.

Also, making sure the planets shield isn't up is always a good idea. It makes a difficult task a hell of a lot harder if you have to take down the shield.

For the record:
Planetary shields have been seriously nerfed over the years. Planets used to be able to stack shields to 187%, and we figured out a way to bomb those planets, so you should be able to do the same under the current system.

Anyone out there that wants some lessons in bombing, hit me up, but i'm not about to drop trade secrets in forums. It's just not me. Good luck.

[ This Message was edited by: Strategery on 2011-02-04 17:21 ]

[S.W] Grand Admiral Strategery
ICC Master Battle Strategist (ret.)
Proud Commander of the C.S.S. Ticonderoga

Email Strategery
CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-02-04 17:33   
all you think you know about bombing has changed, or is about to.
=D

I agree, bombing in new system takes aLOt of bombs.. But it is easier still.

There is nothing stopping you from leveling a planet exept enemy ships.. unlike last version where you had to use your head to overcome the planets defences, now you just hurl bomb at intended target untill dead.. nothing hard about it

Gejaheline
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2011-02-04 18:42   
Building hitpoints have recieved a huge boost along with the other changes to compensate for the fact that bombs are no longer shot down by planetary defences 99% of the time.

Technically, this means you get more prestige per building destroyed, but I believe that prestige gain for bombing and building could do with being brought into line more with combat prestige gain, be that by increasing one or decreasing another.

Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-02-04 19:05   
Ok I checked the planet, it had 12 percent PD and no shield, but I stacked the bombs and I watched them all hit.
I have no disagreement that it is easier, yes it takes a while but I know I can take down a planet. What frustrates me is the lack of prestiege awarded. I have 250 to go and I worked for an hour with nothing to show! 2 other players also commented on the same, how there is barely any pres.

And yes, I didn't just use bombers, I used mirvs as well.

Reznor
Marshal

Posted: 2011-02-04 19:12   
I think the point is to just bomb the infantry off, and have friends revert it's control % . Shouldn't be able to solo cap anymore.

Having bombed several planets in the new system, I have to say Infantry go off even easier than before, due to less lag. Used to be you'd bomb a stack and they'd take no damage.

Interdictor: (DS) A planetary emplacement or Cruiser Class vessel capable of preventing FTL travel in a certain radius.

Strategery
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2011-02-04 21:10   
Quote:

On 2011-02-04 17:33, Defiance*FTL* wrote:
all you think you know about bombing has changed, or is about to.
=D

AND????

OMG....

they are changing things.... again????

I guess i will have to adapt.... again....

Some people really dislike the idea of having to re-learn a skill. It is something that one may have to do several times over the course of life.

Is this news???

[S.W] Grand Admiral Strategery
ICC Master Battle Strategist (ret.)
Proud Commander of the C.S.S. Ticonderoga

Email Strategery
Cory_O
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-02-05 01:07   
I agree that mirvs are better than fighter bombers, however, I do not think this means that fighter bombers should be useless. As they are currently though...
I am the monster in your head. I am the phantom under your bed. I am the broken string when youre hanging by a thread. I am the darkness when the light fades away. When the buds of hope begin to sprout I am the harvester.

Forger of Destiny
Chief Marshal
We Kick Arse

Posted: 2011-02-05 01:26   
@Cmdr.Sheppard (Fleet Admiral) -
You're a fleet admiral already. Think of a way to make your work easier.

Tip - Use the Bomber cruiser or Bomber dread with supply platform help. They are meant to make the big money outta bombing, not tiny frigates and corvettes. The smaller bombers are for supporting each other.

[ This Message was edited by: Boomshot on 2011-02-05 06:23 ]

Cory_O
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-02-05 01:30   
Quote:

On 2011-02-05 01:26, Boomshot wrote:

Tip - Use the Bomber cruiser or Bomber dread with supply platform help. They are meant to make the big money outta bombing, not tiny frigates and corvettes. The smaller bombers are for supporting each other.

I was reffering to fighter bombers as in the "Bombers" you can use instead of fighters on ships with fighter slots, such as stations, carrier dreads and cruisers etc. Sorry for the confusion.

I only use the command dread for bombing now. Cause I can build a supply plat and have infinite bombs.

Edit: Heh, I just noticed in the devlogs that structure HP is being reduced by an average of 2 volleys. That was expedient.
[ This Message was edited by: Cory_O on 2011-02-05 01:32 ]
I am the monster in your head. I am the phantom under your bed. I am the broken string when youre hanging by a thread. I am the darkness when the light fades away. When the buds of hope begin to sprout I am the harvester.

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2011-02-05 10:58   
I made that change prior to this thread.

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-02-05 11:30   

Another thing.

When I try to bomb enemy inf off a friendly planet, I noticed that when the Inf are stacked very high, bombs do almost no damage, if any.

Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-02-05 16:12   
Quote:

On 2011-02-05 01:26, Boomshot wrote:
@Cmdr.Sheppard (Fleet Admiral) -

[ This Message was edited by: Boomshot on 2011-02-05 06:23 ]

I didn't mean prestiege, I meant planet's damaged points. And I can't use the bomb dread anyways cuz I'm RSM.
The reason I'm trying is to get gold bomber so I can use my battle shroom when I turn to GA, which will be very soon

Tommas [ USF HunnyBunny ]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-02-05 16:35   
Quote:

On 2011-02-04 18:42, Gejaheline wrote:
Building hitpoints have recieved a huge boost along with the other changes to compensate for the fact that bombs are no longer shot down by planetary defences 99% of the time.

Technically, this means you get more prestige per building destroyed, but I believe that prestige gain for bombing and building could do with being brought into line more with combat prestige gain, be that by increasing one or decreasing another.

Skills taken away.

The question remains, Why do i play this game and not EVE???

Evry day it goes by, its starting to look more and more as EVE.

Disappointed.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.023862 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR