No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +3.5 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Tactics & New Players » » ICC General Combat Scrolls
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author ICC General Combat Scrolls
MarineKingPrime
Marshal
Exathra Alliance Fleet

Posted: 2011-02-07 18:52   
Quote:

On 2011-02-07 10:57, Gejaheline wrote:
Quote:

On 2011-02-07 01:38, Reznor wrote:
Also, is it possible to mass missiles/fighters then hit E and have them all target that enemy? Because I noticed that if you target someone, your manual target point disapears, which really bugs me.

No. In this era of stupidly high-powered point-defences, fighter pilots become so focused on surviving that they have no time for comprehending the concept of "switching targets".

They don't seem to do a good job of surviving though

jamesbob
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-02-07 22:04   
Quote:

On 2011-02-07 10:57, Gejaheline wrote:
Quote:

On 2011-02-07 01:38, Reznor wrote:
Also, is it possible to mass missiles/fighters then hit E and have them all target that enemy? Because I noticed that if you target someone, your manual target point disapears, which really bugs me.

No. In this era of stupidly high-powered point-defences, fighter pilots become so focused on surviving that they have no time for comprehending the concept of "switching targets".

hmmmm i guess they are only using one half of their brains.

better get code the poilets to start using the other half as well then.

ugto carriers might have a bit more use then just hiting the fighter button .

DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-02-07 23:52   
Quote:
On 2011-02-07 17:38, Defiance*FTL* wrote:
list of things still needed in here.
IT vs Ar
IT/AR vs Sabot

New/Future missiles
AR = Scout, Fri's short-range missle.
IT = Des, cruiser's mid-range missle.
Sabot = soon unavailable.
Quote:
PFE vs IE engine selection.

PFE for Assualt class, IE for Other classes.
Quote:
Proper use of Pulse Sheilds.

From station to cruiser, press V to destroy fighter, whenever possible.
From scout to destroyer, press V to destroy missle, whenever possible.
Don't hestitate to do so in group if you're the target.
[ This Message was edited by: chlorophyll on 2011-02-08 01:14 ]

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-02-08 03:11   
From station to cruiser, press V to destroy fighter, whenever possible.
From scout to destroyer, press V to destroy missle, whenever possible.
Don't hestitate to do so in group if you're the target.
[small][ This Message was edited by: chlorophyll on 2011-02-08 01:14

horrible advice on pulse sheild... (want somethign done right, just gotta do it yourself)

[ This Message was edited by: Defiance*FTL* on 2011-02-08 03:13 ]

MarineKingPrime
Marshal
Exathra Alliance Fleet

Posted: 2011-02-08 17:27   
I don't think you really need a debate about sabots vs AR/IT. Sabots are horrible.

Cory_O
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-02-08 19:56   
Quote:

On 2011-02-08 17:27, darksmaster923 (3IC) wrote:
I don't think you really need a debate about sabots vs AR/IT. Sabots are horrible.

I love sabots, a full volley does more damage than a missile, they cant be shot down (not even with pulse shield), they fill the sky with damage, and they fire very quickly. I use them on my station for anti station purposes, and it works wonders. Stations are to slow to avoid them so they just get hammered by them. The sabots do far more damage than my QSTs do (granted i have 8 multirack sabots). If sabots are removed, i will be very sad. I love them and when you know how to use them they are extremely effective. Plus with a range of over 1kgu, they can really spread out to put some damage on a whole fleet. I will never take them off my station, just incase they do get rid of them I will have some hope they will stay on my station.
I am the monster in your head. I am the phantom under your bed. I am the broken string when youre hanging by a thread. I am the darkness when the light fades away. When the buds of hope begin to sprout I am the harvester.

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-02-09 02:39   
Pulse shields are the second best special ability in the game. They blow up incoming fighters and missiles within 400gu of your ship upon pushing the V button. It takes some time to charge back up so don’t use it unless you have to. Typically I try not to pulse shield unless I am dealing with fighters, or more missiles than my point defense can handle. (the amount differs with each ship). Also try to be mindful of your allies fighters and missiles that may be within 400gu of your ship. Pulse shield will destroy them as well.

Pulse shields are especially good at disrupting hostile bombing raids. Also know that missiles have splash damage, and you should not pulse them at extremely close range. (I try to not pulse missiles under 100gu to my ship.)

Sabot rockets are a good replacement for AR and IT missiles on ships that may have only two racks able to fire at any given time. Unless your spamming four or more missiles at one time, its hardly worth the energy required to fire them, as they are most likely to be shot down by point defense. I would only keep my IT/AT racks if im joining a missile fleet.

Sabots are also extremely useful at tracking K’luth at close range. This method is a viable, easier alternative to laterally sweeping your lasers.

Be mindful that the sabots are non tracking and generally slow, so only fire them when you are sure friendlies will not wonder into their path.

For all those of you out there tempted to try and build a Sabot Dread (MD modded with sabots) Know your only going to tickle the enemy into boredom and die a fast horrible death. Ive seen it time and time again, and even tried it myself once… Actually I don’t thing there is one person out there that is or has been VA that did not try to turn that ship into a close range fighter… Don’t do it. (unless for LOLs)

DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-02-09 10:46   
You misunderstand me defiance. I said that only pressed V when enemy focus missle/fighter on you.
There are 2 cases: invidual and group. Of course there is no hestitation with case 1. When you are playing as UGTO or Kluth, you'll consider pulse shield has quick charge.
In case 2, it's not too hard for an ally to keep 350gu distance. In facts, staying so close shall FF. Actually, I usually press V when I'm in station cause I can repair the ally. If I'm in a scout or fri, I fly ahead, the ally will manage to call for supply I bet.

It's not complicated to know when and where to press V. For new player, I recommend observation and listen to the ally nearby.

Btw, sabot shall be soon unavailable. Don't bother with it. There shall be 3 different range missles. You should make clear which is good for specific ship, in specific case, Defiance.

MarineKingPrime
Marshal
Exathra Alliance Fleet

Posted: 2011-02-09 15:44   
I'm fairly certain that the splash damage from IT missiles does more damage than sabot missiles.

Reznor
Marshal

Posted: 2011-02-10 14:09   
Quote:

On 2011-02-09 15:44, darksmaster923 (3IC) wrote:
I'm fairly certain that the splash damage from IT missiles does more damage than sabot missiles.

I believe so too. Having sat in on more than one sabot MD test, I have to say they do around half as much damage as a railgun. Which is much less than an IT or even AR missile do.

Interdictor: (DS) A planetary emplacement or Cruiser Class vessel capable of preventing FTL travel in a certain radius.

Lark of Serenity
Grand Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2011-02-10 22:10   
Fighter Stacking:

no you cant manually target a cluster of fighters as was suggested earlier, but you can do jump stacking.

Move out to a fairly good distance, like 9kgu. launch fighters, have a scout follow the fighters to keep them visible in f2, or simply fly at max speed to keep up with them if your energy allows for this.

when your fighters recharge, plot a jump a short distance in front of your fighters, jump, and launch as the first wave passes over you.

in this way you can mass a large force of fighters directe at a single target. this is most effective using the UGTO agincourt, which can mass 8 X 5 fighters, for a total of a whopping 40 cannons firing simultaneously per ship (imagine a small group of them targetting a station and you have an idea of how much firepower the UGTO are secretly packing). However nothings to stop ICC from using the same tactic. In fact, with the carrier cruiser you should be able to mass your fighters in a much shorter distance than the UGTO would require.

This tactic is best used as a first strike, or a surprise in the middle of an ongoing fire-fight. Doing it in any obvious manner tends to defeat it before its even started.

Ctrl-firing weapons:

From my experience, ctrl firing standard weapons like cannons and lasers will only APPEAR to the player DOING IT to be sweeping them across a space. In reality, every other client on the server will see your weapons firing in a single direction, and the server will only register their damage in that original firing lane. However, to the client firing the weapons, impacts on other objects in the server will appear, meaning the person firing will be able to detect cloaked ships with a weapons sweep.

SpaceAdmiral
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-02-10 22:49   
Quote:

On 2011-02-10 22:10, Lark (Retired) wrote:
Fighter Stacking:

no you cant manually target a cluster of fighters as was suggested earlier, but you can do jump stacking.

Move out to a fairly good distance, like 9kgu. launch fighters, have a scout follow the fighters to keep them visible in f2, or simply fly at max speed to keep up with them if your energy allows for this.

when your fighters recharge, plot a jump a short distance in front of your fighters, jump, and launch as the first wave passes over you.

in this way you can mass a large force of fighters directe at a single target. this is most effective using the UGTO agincourt, which can mass 8 X 5 fighters, for a total of a whopping 40 cannons firing simultaneously per ship (imagine a small group of them targetting a station and you have an idea of how much firepower the UGTO are secretly packing). However nothings to stop ICC from using the same tactic. In fact, with the carrier cruiser you should be able to mass your fighters in a much shorter distance than the UGTO would require.

This tactic is best used as a first strike, or a surprise in the middle of an ongoing fire-fight. Doing it in any obvious manner tends to defeat it before its even started.

Ctrl-firing weapons:

From my experience, ctrl firing standard weapons like cannons and lasers will only APPEAR to the player DOING IT to be sweeping them across a space. In reality, every other client on the server will see your weapons firing in a single direction, and the server will only register their damage in that original firing lane. However, to the client firing the weapons, impacts on other objects in the server will appear, meaning the person firing will be able to detect cloaked ships with a weapons sweep.

Ctrl Clicking mauneal aiming works with fighters, i think cannons, missles.
But beams aren't affected.

MarineKingPrime
Marshal
Exathra Alliance Fleet

Posted: 2011-02-11 15:45   
You can maunal fire with beams......

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-02-11 17:02   
lol... befor assuming something ive posted does not work... try it.

SpaceAdmiral
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-02-11 17:30   
Quote:

On 2011-02-11 15:45, darksmaster923 (3IC) wrote:
You can maunal fire with beams......

You can fire with them, but when you "sweep" the beam by moving your target while beam is firing, lient registers it as still shooting that original point.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.035777 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR