Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +4.0 Days

Search

Anniversaries

22th - Tellaris
17th - Oskar von Reuenthal

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Tactics & New Players » » ICC General Combat Scrolls
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author ICC General Combat Scrolls
CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-02-03 19:36   
(Controles and uses.)

[Sheild Rotation]

The main thing you need to know about ICC ships is that we have a spectacular advantage over other ships in DS. This same advantage, if you don't know about it, will leave you fighting with only 25% of ICCs true capabilities. This advantage is what makes us the defensive faction. I'm talking about shield rotation.

ICC ships can reinforce their strongest firing arc to keep it trained on the enemy for longer than enemies can. Shield rotation is achieved two ways. The first way, and most practical, is using the number pad keys to rotate shield energy to the needed arc.

....................8(front)
4(Left)...........................6(right)
................... 2(back)

The second method is to right click on the shield in the gadget list on the lower right hand of your screen. Every number press or click raises shield energy on that arc by 10%

[Defense Mode]

Defense mode is our answer to quick repairing UGTO and the regenitive properties of the K'luth. Before defense mode, It took over three minutes for ICC shields to recharge. Defense mode gives ICC shields 4x regeneration rate at 8x power cost. Thats right guys. Its an energy hog!!.
I personally recommend that this mode be used while you're not being shot at, however, I'm sure there are brave souls out there that will use it in combat. The best combat application of this device is to use it to escape. To hold off enemies for that last 30 seconds while your jump drive charges.

(control- s) cycles shield modes
*shields on = shields on and ready for incoming fire (this is the default mode)
*Shields Off = Defense mode on
*Shields Off = Shields and defense mode off. (sometimes this takes three or four (control-s) mashes.

**!!!D-A-N-G-E-R!!!*** !!!-WARNING-!!! Failure to manage the state of your shields will result in premature death!. I.E. forgetting to turn off def mode before entering combat. **!!!D-A-N-G-E-R!!!*** !!!-WARNING-!!!

!!!DODGE!!!

One of our greatest strengths is our ability to outmaneuver ships of similar class of the other factions.

Even our dreads are capable of dodging almost half of all incoming fire beyond 600gu.

The best controls for dodging are the arrow keys. left and right turns left and right instantly. Up and down speed up and slow down. Try it. Practice makes perfect. Dont forget to constantly change speed by about 5-10gu when turning. It throws off enemy firing solutions nicely.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sensor Corvette (SC)

M-25A Sensor Corvette

The M-25A is a highly mobile light attack ship employed by both the Confederate Navy and many local police forces. Its among the most heavily armed ships of its size in known space, and carries a well earned reputation for lethality. Many a pirate or privateer has tried to meet this little buzz saw head on and not lived long enough to regret it. It also carries a modest electronic warfare suite, to help it locate and identify targets.

Engines
1x IE- Drive(impulse)
1x Tachyon Drive (Jump Drive)
1x Aux Fusion Reactor

Armor
none

Shields
4x Active Shields
EW
2x ECCM

Weapons
1x Chemical Beam Laser
1x Fusion Torpedo Launcher
2x Heavy Rail Gun
1x Rail Gun

Total Energy

Top Speed
35gu/sec

Max Turn Rate
45 deg/sec

Total Cargo Slots

Recommended enhancements.
8x adv weapons multiplexers.

Recommended layout.

Three reactive shields placed on the left, right, and front of the craft. One active shield on the rear.

The reason for this is twofold. The reactive shields will let you fly at top speed and shoot for longer while providing decent shield regeneration. The active shield on the rear... most of the time when you die in a scout is when you're running away. This just puts optimal defense to the rear while your gain your distance advantage.

Optimal engagement range for this craft is between 500 and 1000 gu. Basically stay out of laser rang and you will be fine. and don't forget.. DODGE!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Assault Frigate (AF)

M-44A Assault Frigate

The M-44A is a pure combat frigate, designed for close range engagements with other light warships. It's one of the most readily recognizable ships to civilians as it can be seen on regular patrol routs throughout the Confederation. The Assault Frigate has a hard earned reputation for heroic sacrifice: When the going gets tuff, this tuff little gunboat gets going, using a formidable rail gun battery and twin torpedo launchers to harass and stall a superior enemy attack force until reinforcements arrive. It rarely lives to see the victory it helped ensure.

Engines
2x IE- Drive(impulse)
2x Aux Fusion Reactor

Armor
2x Composite Armor

Shields
4x Active Shields

EW
None

Weapons
1x Chemical Beam Laser
2x Fusion Torpedo Launcher
2x Heavy Rail Gun
2x Rail Gun

Total Energy

Top Speed
30gu/sec

Max Turn Rate
25.71 deg/sec

Total Cargo Slots

Recommended enhancements.
Multiple combinations of enh work well. any enh beam related is a waste

Recommended layout.
Keep with the stock layout with this one. As Gauss take too much en to fire.
Optimal engagement range for this craft is between 300 and 1000 gu. She is better at taking laser hits, but dont push it!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Combat Destroyer (CDS)

M-190A Combat Destroyer

The M-190A is the primary attack ship of the ICC destroyer line up. Build to engage and destroy all kinds of other light enemy warships, it carries a formidable gun battery and decent torpedo payload. This sturdy, rugged gunboat had developed a reputation for survivability; time and again it has defied odds that would be the doom of just about anything else.

Engines
2x IE- Drive(impulse)
2x Aux Fusion Reactor

Armor
4x Composite Armor

Shields
4x Active Shields
1x Pulse Shield

EW
None

Weapons
2x Chemical Beam Laser
4x Fusion Torpedo Launcher
2x Heavy Rail Gun
4x Rail Gun

Total Energy

Top Speed
25gu/sec

Max Turn Rate
19.78 deg/sec

Total Cargo Slots

Recommended Enhancements
User specification, beam enhancements are useless.

Recommended Layout
Stock works best for this ship as well. My personal modifications has three rear firing gauss guns, for sniping plats, and engaging pursuers accurately.

This ship is a monster! It can fly full speed and fire all guns and torpedoes without losing energy.

Normally I don't stress this anymore, as it's an antiquated technique from days before defense mode, however..
Fly with shields off on this ship, only turning them on when your being engaged at beam range. This is a hair raising complicated, and deadly tactic.. however, Mastery of this technique will allow you to operate the ship at 130% of its intended potential.

Shields are 15% resistant to beam/energy weapons, By only using them to absorb laser fire, and some close fodder, you increase your defense by 15% you see.

By flying with your shields off, you dedicate more energy to weapons and engines. Ever notice how ICC ships have a lot of aux reactors? Those were put there by the devs to compensate for the massive drain shields have on the ships energy pool. In the case of the CD.. you save about 15% of your power flying with them off.

This is how we come to the 130% effective CD. And a CD is already far superior to the UGTO GD(gunboat destroyer).
I deduce that a 130% effective CD pilot can take on multiple GD at once.

***Defiance's number 3 fav ship ***

Flying with a wingman

Always fly in combat with a wingman. A lone ship is a dead ship. In a wing, be sure to have a clear cut defined wing leader. And when you call some ones wing, don't leave their side without requesting permission to leave the wing.

Let the wing leader call the targets and navigate for you. Your just there to aim at his target and fire, as well as cover him. Wings can be as small as two people, or as large as 18 20 or more.

When the wing leader is taking hits switch places with him, use your ship to guard him/her from fire.

It is the responsibility of the wing leader to get you through combat engagements alive. Do not leave your wing to save yourself at the cost of your wing mates! Practice maneuvering with a wingman. Practice being wing leaders. And most important, learn your wingman's habits. Two should fly as one.

Lastly, Never ever friendly fire! if avoidable do so! Shift spacebar detonates ordinance before it reaches its target. do this if your shot becomes blocked after you fire.

Cory_O
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-02-03 20:02   
This was like reading a speech from a politician. Alot of talking but not much is said.

Sumary,
Dodge, Use shields, Stay out of beams, Work together, Don't friendly fire.

P.s. This is good advice for any factions small ships... Except for the shield part obviously.
[ This Message was edited by: Cory_O on 2011-02-03 20:03 ]
I am the monster in your head. I am the phantom under your bed. I am the broken string when youre hanging by a thread. I am the darkness when the light fades away. When the buds of hope begin to sprout I am the harvester.

Eledore Massis [R33]
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2011-02-04 15:37   
Cleaning this topic up a bit.

The "Tactics & New Players" forum is about advice and information for new players. Discussions about how game play should be changed of what features to add should belong in there own respectable forums. English (General) & Developer Feedback (Suggestions)

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-02-04 15:56   
Tracking K’luth Aggressors

Ping – Ping is a term used in DS to describe the act of turning on your ECCM and then turning it back off so it will recharge. When you first activate your ECCM enemy signature will spike, allowing you to see cloaked and ECM hidden ships for half a second. This only works within 1000gu. (soon to be changed to 400gu in v1.620) Ping will give you an idea of how many K’luth ships are around you, and what direction they are traveling at that time.

Point Firing – Is the act of manually aiming your weapons and firing. This tactic is coupled with ping to effectively hunt K’luth.

How to point fire;

*Hold down control key and click in the direction you want to fire.

*Let go of control key

*Fire

You can continually fire at the same point in space for as long as you want. Take note, that your ship is firing at the yellow marker you set, not that general direction. If you are moving you will have to continually adjust your aim in order to continue firing in the same direction.

**Advanced K’luth tracking**

Ever seen star trek nemisis? Know when Picard said do a lateral sweep of beams at zero elevation. At the first sign of hull contact fire all we have? (ok so im not a trek buff, and don’t remember exact lines)
Point is he was using lasers to find cloaked ship in order to fire all weapons onto it. We here in DS can do the same thing.

This tactic, obviously, only works when your enemy is within beam range.

Laser Lateral Sweep;

*hold down control key and click a point in space outside your ship within laser range.

*Let go of control key

* Pick one laser to fire by clicking on it (I honestly cant remember if its right or left click these days)

*Hover your mouse pointer over the yellow spot your firing at and push and hold the Control key

*Now sweep your mouse from side to side.

*you will see a definite Hit if the laser impacts another ship

*if you see this, release control key

*Alpha (spacebar) that spot

Practice makes perfect. If you have any questions dont be afraid to ask me in game, or in the lobby.

[ This Message was edited by: Defiance*FTL* on 2011-02-04 16:22 ]

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-02-04 16:21   
Manual guided Missiles and fighters

Method

*Press Control key and click a point in space
*release control key
*launch your missile, missiles, or fighters
*Hover your mouse over selected spot and hold control key down
*Drag mouse to desired target

You will notice that the missiles/fighters follow your mouse across the screen. Practice this one outside of battle as well.

Uses for this tactic include (missiles only) Shooting around planets, sweeping an area to check for k’luth ships, and massing missiles to hurl at the enemy to overcome point defense. (used to be a useful tactic for massing PSMs to hurl at a planet to insta kill it. No longer needed as planets have no PD, and PSM are soon to loose their population damage asset). Feel free to experiment with these tactics and find new ways to apply them.

Reznor
Marshal

Posted: 2011-02-04 19:08   
Quote:

On 2011-02-04 16:21, Defiance*FTL* wrote:

Method

*release control key

You will notice that the missiles/fighters follow your mouse across the screen. Practice this one outside of battle as well.

Uses for this tactic include (missiles only) Shooting around planets, sweeping an area to check for k’luth ships, and massing missiles to hurl at the enemy to overcome point defense. (used to be a useful tactic for massing PSMs to hurl at a planet to insta kill it. No longer needed as planets have no PD, and PSM are soon to loose their population damage asset). Feel free to experiment with these tactics and find new ways to apply them.

Can you do this from f2?

Interdictor: (DS) A planetary emplacement or Cruiser Class vessel capable of preventing FTL travel in a certain radius.

Thernhoghas
Grand Admiral
Exathra Alliance Fleet

Posted: 2011-02-05 05:04   
Quote:

On 2011-02-04 19:08, Reznor wrote:
Quote:

Method

*release control key

Can you do this from f2?

Yes you can! xD

well you can create points in space in the F2 screen and move them around. So it should work.

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-02-05 17:26   
Reserved for new ship layouts. Cruiser, Dread, Station.

MarineKingPrime
Marshal
Exathra Alliance Fleet

Posted: 2011-02-05 18:37   
No missile ships?

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-02-06 02:33   
i dont fly them at all... someone else will have to take up that

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2011-02-06 19:23   
Manually aiming any type of weapon (fighters included) is not against the Rules of Conduct.

It is not up to players to decide what is, and isn't, a bug or exploit.

Any player found trying to spread false information, or trying to force a ruling to this extent will find themselves in deep doo-doo.

Reznor
Marshal

Posted: 2011-02-07 01:38   
Quote:

Method

*release control key

Also, is it possible to mass missiles/fighters then hit E and have them all target that enemy? Because I noticed that if you target someone, your manual target point disapears, which really bugs me.

Interdictor: (DS) A planetary emplacement or Cruiser Class vessel capable of preventing FTL travel in a certain radius.

Gejaheline
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2011-02-07 10:57   
Quote:

On 2011-02-07 01:38, Reznor wrote:
Also, is it possible to mass missiles/fighters then hit E and have them all target that enemy? Because I noticed that if you target someone, your manual target point disapears, which really bugs me.

No. In this era of stupidly high-powered point-defences, fighter pilots become so focused on surviving that they have no time for comprehending the concept of "switching targets".

Cory_O
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-02-07 17:01   
Quote:

On 2011-02-07 10:57, Gejaheline wrote:
Quote:

On 2011-02-07 01:38, Reznor wrote:

No. In this era of stupidly high-powered point-defences, fighter pilots become so focused on surviving that they have no time for comprehending the concept of "switching targets".

Yeah, we don't want people to be able to control their pilots and keep them from getting to close to the enemy and thus avoiding pd. God forbid fighters become somewhat useful
I am the monster in your head. I am the phantom under your bed. I am the broken string when youre hanging by a thread. I am the darkness when the light fades away. When the buds of hope begin to sprout I am the harvester.

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-02-07 17:38   
...test it....
'

I do hope this forum helps.

Any help with this forum would be nice. IE scouts, beaconing, (ill do combat supply), Missile Ships (keep in mind their about to change). Proper dictor deployment...

list of things still needed in here.

Scout piloting

Scouting kLuth

Missile Frigy

Missile Dessy

Proper use of ECM

Indictor Piloting

Rails Vs Gauss

IT vs Ar

IT/AR vs Sabot

PFE vs IE engine selection.

Active vs Reactive sheilds.

Proper use of Pulse Sheilds.

(just try to limit posts on ships that have not recieved overhaul yet)
[ This Message was edited by: Defiance*FTL* on 2011-02-07 17:51 ]

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.037831 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR