No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +4.1 Days

Search

Anniversaries

1st - UntenHund

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Can you see me?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
 Author Can you see me?
Reznor
Marshal

Posted: 2011-02-01 13:38   
Quote:

On 2011-02-01 02:01, Cory_O wrote:
This really doesnt sound like it would do all that much to me. Even a 100% energy drain increase wouldnt have that much of an impact on a kluth dread with 150+ energy. That would require them to move at 6gu/sec to not lose energy. Even if they went full throttle they would lose maybe .5 energy/sec. Which is really a very miniscule amount. This would probably have the negetive effect of inspiring kluth to use dreads and stations even more exclusively.

On the other hand, If they were damaged and were trying to stalk in on you to finish you off and where pinged, you could simply move at 15 gu away from them and wait patiently for their energy to.... very slowly waste away.

Perhaps a better solution is to either:

A. Not allow AHR's to function while cloaked. Which is a drastic step and would completely eliminate one of kluths advantages... and uniqueness, the nerf to emp cannons makes a good comparison. I like the factions being different.

B. Require a significant energy increase to using AHR's while cloaked. Maybe increasing the drain from cloak while using AHR's by 300% or more, probably more as mentioned above that wouldn't really be that much energy loss. Meaning that if they want to repair and be cloaked then they need to be moving very slowly or be stationary to not hemorrhage energy.

I'm no game developer and I do not pretend to be, this is simply my 2 cents.

As it stands, you can go 12.5 gu with no/next to no drain. My point is that a kluth dread can decloak and take massive damage and get away with little risk. With a higher drain to cloak while damaged, they'd have to conserve energy more (requires skill to resist spacebar fever) , in order to escape. I'm not saying that +50% drain is what it should be, that's just a number that I threw out for clarification purposes. It should be set at whatever line seperates the "You live or dye by your ability to fly" not "You press cloak button and your regen outpaces blind fire/pinging" .

I have to say though, I do like your B option a lot.

The fact of the matter is: K'luth die less than the other 2 factions.

The 15 second timer is NOT a nerf. If you cloak more than every 15 seconds, you're doing it wrong. A 25-30 second timer would make more sense.

I've played K'luth, and I like their lore the most of all the factions, but I never felt like it was very fair to play as them. I've switched to K'luth for about a week to gain perspective, and am pretty much coming to the same conclusions I always do.

I'm not suggesting a nerf, I'm suggesting we change it up so that K'luth actually requires a little skill.

To those K'luth players giving contributions: I thank you for not saying "lololol another kluth nerf thread durrr" and giving honest opinions and suggestions. And an anti-cloak field sounds like a nice idea too.

Interdictor: (DS) A planetary emplacement or Cruiser Class vessel capable of preventing FTL travel in a certain radius.

Tommas [ USF HunnyBunny ]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-02-01 14:04   
I always laugh when ppl think they know it all after playing an faction for a week.

I also bet u played luth when RSM where in there, we like outnumber the other faction with two to one. And then think its easy as kluth!

sheeees

[ This Message was edited by: Tommas [ USF HunnyBunny ] on 2011-02-01 14:07 ]

mOno.
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2011-02-01 14:04   
Im new here ... but to me this PING looks like a bug ... so its ok to abuse bugs?
beacons do NOT work vs cloak.
And finally ... the whole invisible stuff is buggy ... sometimes visible when it should be invisible (very easy to track lol) and sometimes invisible when it should be visible -- also the attack beams r invisible then ... need to keep an eye for the health bar to even see im being attacked ...
I would prefer working beacons over an decloaking interdictor version.
[ This Message was edited by: mOno. on 2011-02-01 14:06 ]

Zero28
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-02-01 16:12   
Quote:

On 2011-02-01 14:04, mOno. wrote:
Im new here ... but to me this PING looks like a bug ... so its ok to abuse bugs?
beacons do NOT work vs cloak.
And finally ... the whole invisible stuff is buggy ... sometimes visible when it should be invisible (very easy to track lol) and sometimes invisible when it should be visible -- also the attack beams r invisible then ... need to keep an eye for the health bar to even see im being attacked ...
I would prefer working beacons over an decloaking interdictor version.
[ This Message was edited by: mOno. on 2011-02-01 14:06 ]

PING was at First a bug, But Devs decided to keep it as a feature
Beacon DO work, you just don't know HOW they work

Beacons wont Decloak an luth nor give you a point you can shoot at, it will only increase the Cloaking time and Decloakign time of a luth by a lot, ANd Mind you, a luth that cloaks or Decloaks will be visible, but cannot fire nor Jump
Please Read the manual befor making any sorts of Conclusion
19:33:51 [ZION]GothThug {C?}: "Zero..you are DS's hero"

Reznor
Marshal

Posted: 2011-02-01 16:28   
Quote:

On 2011-02-01 14:04, Tommas [ USF HunnyBunny ] wrote:
I always laugh when ppl think they know it all after playing an faction for a week.

I also bet u played luth when RSM where in there, we like outnumber the other faction with two to one. And then think its easy as kluth!

sheeees

[ This Message was edited by: Tommas [ USF HunnyBunny ] on 2011-02-01 14:07 ]

I've played this game before. The week is just a refresher. Come on over to ICC and get rolled like when Raven switched over (Was in Raven when we did that, MV was quite easily ours).

Interdictor: (DS) A planetary emplacement or Cruiser Class vessel capable of preventing FTL travel in a certain radius.

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-02-01 16:53   
Quote:

On 2011-02-01 02:26, Defiance*FTL* wrote:
I think luth are where they need to be... if not, nurfed too much to be frank

That's really hard to tell. I don't see any good Kluth anymore to be able to judge that accurately.

How about returning our ability to target individual components on enemy ships. This would mean if you want the enemy to have jd damage, target his jd and fire. If you want cloak whacked, target and whack it. This was an extremely useful, tactical, LOGICAL way that we used to fight. I have never understood why this aspect of the game was taken out.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
MarineKingPrime
Marshal
Exathra Alliance Fleet

Posted: 2011-02-01 17:14   
Quote:

On 2011-02-01 16:53, Azreal wrote:
Quote:

On 2011-02-01 02:26, Defiance*FTL* wrote:
I think luth are where they need to be... if not, nurfed too much to be frank

That's really hard to tell. I don't see any good Kluth anymore to be able to judge that accurately.

How about returning our ability to target individual components on enemy ships. This would mean if you want the enemy to have jd damage, target his jd and fire. If you want cloak whacked, target and whack it. This was an extremely useful, tactical, LOGICAL way that we used to fight. I have never understood why this aspect of the game was taken out.

Subsystem targeting was in the game?!?!?

The_Enforcer (The Vindicator)
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2011-02-01 17:29   
Quote:

On 2011-02-01 16:53, Azreal wrote:

Didnt know this was in the game, but

BRING IT BACK!

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-02-01 18:14   
Yeah, and it was also helpful for ordering your inf you dropped on the enemy to raze (do system damage) attack (kill enemy inf) or defend (just freaking hold there and live) or if you wanted too, even RELOAD them. Obviously it also allowed you to follow the on-board battle, if you were good with your < or > keys. So you could switch your inf as the battle ensued.

All this was much easier to do when you were K'Luth, btw, which I was.

I dunno, just seems to me that this would be an easier "fix", and one that has worked in the past, than a lot of what I read in this thread.

SpaceAdmiral
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-02-01 18:40   
Quote:

On 2011-02-01 13:38, Reznor wrote:
Quote:

This really doesnt sound like it would do all that much to me. Even a 100% energy drain increase wouldnt have that much of an impact on a kluth dread with 150+ energy. That would require them to move at 6gu/sec to not lose energy. Even if they went full throttle they would lose maybe .5 energy/sec. Which is really a very miniscule amount. This would probably have the negetive effect of inspiring kluth to use dreads and stations even more exclusively.

On the other hand, If they were damaged and were trying to stalk in on you to finish you off and where pinged, you could simply move at 15 gu away from them and wait patiently for their energy to.... very slowly waste away.

A. Not allow AHR's to function while cloaked. Which is a drastic step and would completely eliminate one of kluths advantages... and uniqueness, the nerf to emp cannons makes a good comparison. I like the factions being different.

B. Require a significant energy increase to using AHR's while cloaked. Maybe increasing the drain from cloak while using AHR's by 300% or more, probably more as mentioned above that wouldn't really be that much energy loss. Meaning that if they want to repair and be cloaked then they need to be moving very slowly or be stationary to not hemorrhage energy.

As it stands, you can go 12.5 gu with no/next to no drain. My point is that a kluth dread can decloak and take massive damage and get away with little risk. With a higher drain to cloak while damaged, they'd have to conserve energy more (requires skill to resist spacebar fever) , in order to escape. I'm not saying that +50% drain is what it should be, that's just a number that I threw out for clarification purposes. It should be set at whatever line seperates the "You live or dye by your ability to fly" not "You press cloak button and your regen outpaces blind fire/pinging" .

The 15 second timer is NOT a nerf. If you cloak more than every 15 seconds, you're doing it wrong. A 25-30 second timer would make more sense.

I've played K'luth, and I like their lore the most of all the factions, but I never felt like it was very fair to play as them. I've switched to K'luth for about a week to gain perspective, and am pretty much coming to the same conclusions I always do.

I'm not suggesting a nerf, I'm suggesting we change it up so that K'luth actually requires a little skill.

To those K'luth players giving contributions: I thank you for not saying "lololol another kluth nerf thread durrr" and giving honest opinions and suggestions. And an anti-cloak field sounds like a nice idea too.

If you are so smart, tell me when you can survive in a kluth dessie/cruiser uncloaked in close range for 30 seconds. No, hiding behind a friendly dread or station doesn't count.
THEN tell me kluth needs another nerf.

-There is no outranging, you use beams, torps, and short ranged cannons.
-All your weapons face forward, there is no orbiting or any special dance unless you want to use 1/4 of your guns.
-Your armor sucks and you won't even notice it is there.
-No, cloaking for 5 minutes for ahr to work then getting hulled again in 10 seconds doesn't count as skill.
-No other faction has to play hide and seek to get a few opportunity shots in, they can out range (ICC) or try to brawl (UGTO) their way through.

Fix these for kluth small ships and then you can "balance" kluth all you want.

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-02-01 19:51   
Quote:

On 2011-02-01 18:40, SpaceAdmiral wrote:
Quote:

On 2011-02-01 13:38, Reznor wrote:
Quote:

If you are so smart, tell me when you can survive in a kluth dessie/cruiser uncloaked in close range for 30 seconds. No, hiding behind a friendly dread or station doesn't count.
THEN tell me kluth needs another nerf.

-There is no outranging, you use beams, torps, and short ranged cannons.
-All your weapons face forward, there is no orbiting or any special dance unless you want to use 1/4 of your guns.
-Your armor sucks and you won't even notice it is there.
-No, cloaking for 5 minutes for ahr to work then getting hulled again in 10 seconds doesn't count as skill.
-No other faction has to play hide and seek to get a few opportunity shots in, they can out range (ICC) or try to brawl (UGTO) their way through.

Fix these for kluth small ships and then you can "balance" kluth all you want.

I've already suggested to Jack.

The cloak timer should scale for ship size. While 15 secs is good for dreads and stations, they will kill the smaller ships.

Cruisers need the cloak timer downed to under 10 secs, and dessies and below need to have the timer down to 5 secs.

If and when small K'luth ships become impossible to play, everyone will shift to the dreads.

MarineKingPrime
Marshal
Exathra Alliance Fleet

Posted: 2011-02-01 20:10   
Why don't we buff small ships and nerf bigger ones?

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-02-01 20:19   
Quote:

On 2011-02-01 20:10, darksmaster923 (3IC) wrote:
Why don't we buff small ships and nerf bigger ones?

Are you talking about just the Kluth? Or every one?

There's no need to nerf anything. All we need to make are little changes for the smaller ships and you'll see some diff.

As for the QQ over cloak, it's been done to death. Most Uggies don't have an issue fighting Kluth, so maybe ICC should take a leaf from their book once in a while.

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-02-01 21:33   
Quote:

On 2011-02-01 20:19, Kenny_Naboo[+R] wrote:

As for the QQ over cloak, it's been done to death. Most Uggies don't have an issue fighting Kluth, so maybe ICC should take a leaf from their book once in a while.

When I have good support, K'Luth may as well not have a cloak. There is no need to nerf it further. I'd be happy to demonstrate this to ABSOLUTELY ANYONE who has a doubt.

ADmiraLMaXimus (Bringer of Doom)
Chief Marshal
Praetorian Wolves

Posted: 2011-02-01 22:39   
to see kluth while cloaked you need eccm pinging and beacons.

there are scout ships that can make it very hard for a kluth to hide while cloaked.

I have played kluth for amost 2 years and all the other factions as well for years at a time and I have to say ..... stop making it easier for players who arent kluth, to fight the kluth faction. you have to work to get any kill so why make it easy. you wont see me comlpaining about cloak cause I know how to fight a cloaked ship .... and I know when not to.... there are too many rookies with rank who havent got the experience to really know that what they are saying is just " please make the game easier for me"...

I dont see any kluth asking for any buffs, all I see is non kluth players wanting to make it easier to kill kluth ships....

come on people!!!!!!

Adapt and overcome!!!!

[ This Message was edited by: ADmiraLMaXimus (Bringer of Doom) on 2011-02-01 22:39 ]

Email ADmiraLMaXimus (Bringer of Doom)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Page created in 0.024829 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR