No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +4.5 Days

Search

Anniversaries

1st - UntenHund

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Can you see me?
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
 Author Can you see me?
Reznor
Marshal

Posted: 2011-01-31 23:33   
So I have an idea for cloak, tell me what you think:

As K'luth's hull goes down, the energy drain for cloak goes up.

At 100%, drain is normal (or reduced, depending on balancing tweaks) . But as they take hull damage, their ability to cloak effectively is diminshed. At say, 50% hull, the cloak drain is 50% higher.

AHR for a faction that doesn't really need it becomes integral to thier effectiveness. K'luth can't just press v and escape any fight. A ship retreating from a battle can actually jump to allies and be relatively safe, instead of what is common now, which is a K'luth ship can jump anywhere and attack anyone with absolute safety.

Now, I know this isn't a "snap your fingers and it's coded" kind of thing, just an idea I'm throwing out for consideration.

Interdictor: (DS) A planetary emplacement or Cruiser Class vessel capable of preventing FTL travel in a certain radius.

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-02-01 00:32   
If systems damage once u get hulled was made more prevalent, and if those systems didn't just take seconds to repair, then the effect would be the same.

Prime candidates for sys damage. JDs, cloaks, and aux gens.

jamesbob
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-02-01 00:43   
Quote:

On 2011-01-31 23:33, Reznor wrote:
So I have an idea for cloak, tell me what you think:

As K'luth's hull goes down, the energy drain for cloak goes up.

At 100%, drain is normal (or reduced, depending on balancing tweaks) . But as they take hull damage, their ability to cloak effectively is diminshed. At say, 50% hull, the cloak drain is 50% higher.

AHR for a faction that doesn't really need it becomes integral to thier effectiveness. K'luth can't just press v and escape any fight. A ship retreating from a battle can actually jump to allies and be relatively safe, instead of what is common now, which is a K'luth ship can jump anywhere and attack anyone with absolute safety.

Now, I know this isn't a "snap your fingers and it's coded" kind of thing, just an idea I'm throwing out for consideration.

loving all the nerf the kluth posts

(not really)

Cory_O
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-02-01 02:01   
This really doesnt sound like it would do all that much to me. Even a 100% energy drain increase wouldnt have that much of an impact on a kluth dread with 150+ energy. That would require them to move at 6gu/sec to not lose energy. Even if they went full throttle they would lose maybe .5 energy/sec. Which is really a very miniscule amount. This would probably have the negetive effect of inspiring kluth to use dreads and stations even more exclusively.

On the other hand, If they were damaged and were trying to stalk in on you to finish you off and where pinged, you could simply move at 15 gu away from them and wait patiently for their energy to.... very slowly waste away.

Perhaps a better solution is to either:

A. Not allow AHR's to function while cloaked. Which is a drastic step and would completely eliminate one of kluths advantages... and uniqueness, the nerf to emp cannons makes a good comparison. I like the factions being different.

B. Require a significant energy increase to using AHR's while cloaked. Maybe increasing the drain from cloak while using AHR's by 300% or more, probably more as mentioned above that wouldn't really be that much energy loss. Meaning that if they want to repair and be cloaked then they need to be moving very slowly or be stationary to not hemorrhage energy.

I'm no game developer and I do not pretend to be, this is simply my 2 cents.
I am the monster in your head. I am the phantom under your bed. I am the broken string when youre hanging by a thread. I am the darkness when the light fades away. When the buds of hope begin to sprout I am the harvester.

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-02-01 02:26   
I think luth are where they need to be... if not, nurfed too much to be frank

SpaceAdmiral
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-02-01 03:26   
Kluth's small ships have already been nerfed to hell and back, and then you guys complain they only use dreads, THEN proceed to nerf luth as a whole, still not caring about its small ships, then complain more...etc.

Currently luth small ships are already close combat assault ships with a 600 gu cannon range and an overwhelming 15 sec cloak timer. While these were to balance dreads, they killed small ships. Sure, a fully moded kluth dessie is scary to another factions' dessie, but dreads just laugh and sling multiple core weapons and watch it get hulled and die.

Also, no AHR under cloak will be THE final blow to kluth small ships, and dreads for that matter. When cloaked and escaping, AHR negates the lucky shots from blind firing enemies, without that the crappy armor of luth won't even hold against the random shots.

Edit: Also increasing energy reqs would also force it to move slower, and that would mean A LOT MORE easier blind shots, which would mean death.
[ This Message was edited by: SpaceAdmiral on 2011-02-01 03:28 ]

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-02-01 04:13   
Quote:

On 2011-02-01 03:26, SpaceAdmiral wrote:
Kluth's small ships have already been nerfed to hell and back, and then you guys complain they only use dreads, THEN proceed to nerf luth as a whole, still not caring about its small ships, then complain more...etc.

Well, apparently not only K'luth players want to have it easy.....

ROFL.

Admiral Alucard (2IC)
Marshal
Exathra Alliance Fleet

Posted: 2011-02-01 06:07   
You wanna see a luth ship whilst its cloaked?

Well I'll tell you a secret known to only a few it seems

PING THEM!! O_O

Quod nos non interficit, nos fortiores facitrnrn

Email Admiral Alucard (2IC)
Azure Prower
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-02-01 07:01   
I've said it once, I've said it again. The answer to K'luth is not to nerf it. But to give the other factions better tools for fighting against it.

For example, UGTO and ICC interdictor ships could switch out the hyperdrive jamming field for a cloak disruption field.

That's the only way I can see it being fair for both sides. Until then. Any thing else is just going to ruin the playing experience for either side.

Sops
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2011-02-01 10:12   
Quote:

On 2011-02-01 07:01, Azure Prower wrote:
For example, UGTO and ICC interdictor ships could switch out the hyperdrive jamming field for a cloak disruption field.

This would leave K'Luth with an advantage when there are only a few players online but over all it is an interesting idea.

Tommas [ USF HunnyBunny ]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-02-01 10:24   

Its not often, but there are time i meet really good players in the mv from other factions.
Im talking about the ppl that can track cloaked ship. Its not often i see these ppl, but when i do, i do not use cloak to get away. Then i jump far far far away.

Wanna know why? because they will find u and kill you.

The answer is that some ppl need to get better tracking skills. But that's not the easy solution, the easy solution is to nerf kluth and hope that the ppl with tracking skills never come back into the game again.

Zero28
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-02-01 11:18   
Im not a Kluth player, But i dont think a Kluth Needs a nerf to its cloak at all
However, i do remember a threat where backlash and a kluth player wich i really dont remember then name, About how does one Should need plnets and how it currently doesn't (Obviously, Because play the game to kill player not to win the game)

If a nerf were to be needed, i think it should head toward that direction, Force em to Need planets What exactly? i really have no idea at the moment?

on and Btw, Iv seen Often occurences of a cloacked luth visible due to a bug. its not rare as it once was before. They think there coak but that bug makes them visible like a christmas tree
19:33:51 [ZION]GothThug {C?}: "Zero..you are DS's hero"

Ravendark
Marshal
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2011-02-01 11:41   
tell me, what threat would kluth be if they loose their ability to cloak or that ability would be crippled. besides, if that idead sounds good, then i would like to purpose the idead of limiting the number of stations and dreads for ICC and UGTO to use at once.
seriously it makes me sick when i see how they gangbang some desperate kluth with shrooms or dreads. fisrt i wonder what the kluth think to even do there, second makes me throw up only to see theyr big mouth provoking and insulting kluth for cloaking cuz they cant kill it.

didnt mean to insult anyone but i had to put out what i think. i think its unfair to complain over the cloak. if i go 1v1 with equal ship of any other faction without cloak, i die. is that fair? if we are supposed have cloak tuned down, then it would be fair to have our guns or armor tuned up. (i prefer gunzz)

The Fridge
Chief Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2011-02-01 11:55   
Quote:

On 2011-02-01 10:24, Tommas [ USF HunnyBunny ] wrote:

The answer is that some ppl need to get better tracking skills.

[ This Message was edited by: The Fridge on 2011-02-01 11:55 ]

Code Red
Chief Marshal
Non Omnis Moriar

Posted: 2011-02-01 13:08   
Kluth need cloak timer removed , been said a 1000 times "PING" ....... or beacon , or manual fire Ions and wait for sign of hit , or manual sweep beams, if you think kluth need further nerfing well...............

I go away now in dispair rofl

(oooh and grats to me ...100th post)
[ This Message was edited by: Code Red {Lobby Nomad} on 2011-02-01 13:09 ]

Code Red, For winning in the 1RA Fleet Wars event, here's your coupon for a week.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Page created in 0.023919 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR