No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +4.9 Days

Search

Anniversaries

15th - Rise

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Actual monthly cost for the game.
 Author Actual monthly cost for the game.
Lance
2nd Rear Admiral

Posted: 2011-01-29 01:19   
Hey just had a quick question. I noticed Darkspace appears to have moved to a new credit based system. One of the reason I hate item mall games is because the cost to play is completely unclear.

My general opinion given the other sci-fi MMO competition out there now and whats coming down the pipe later this year is Darkspace is worth about 4.99 a month to play.

My question is what is the actual realistic monthly cost to play this game?

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-01-29 01:24   
A- its free to play

B- It cost nothing for you to play per month.

C- Money goes to credits $1 = 1000 credits

D- You dont need credits to play the game

E- Dontations are welcome (for credits)

Lance
2nd Rear Admiral

Posted: 2011-01-29 01:27   
Ok I'll put the question another way. How many credits do I realistically need to play competitively with other players?
[ This Message was edited by: Lance on 2011-01-29 01:31 ]

Azure Prower
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-01-29 02:05   

Cory_O
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-01-29 02:21   
To my understanding you can get (almost) any enhancement as a drop for killing something that you can buy in the item shop. The only ones you cant get, I would imagine, are the ai ships that will do you bidding for certain amounts of time. I saw a guy recieve red hot exhaust earlier from killing one of my team mates.

Also, i currently have not spent any money (that will change very soon) and I am still competitive. Have good tactics and teamwork will help you much more than having good enhancements. Knowing how to control your ship to put the armor facing where you want/ rotating shields/ knowing when to cloak and what angle to attack from is far more important than enhancements.

Also, I have never seen a straight up dead even fight in this game ever. Someone is almost invariably outgunned, although enhancements may help a little, almost always the outgunned party loses the battle. When they don't lose the battle its because of tactics not enhancements.

My point is it really does cost $0 to play this game and be competitive.
I am the monster in your head. I am the phantom under your bed. I am the broken string when youre hanging by a thread. I am the darkness when the light fades away. When the buds of hope begin to sprout I am the harvester.

-Shadowalker-™
Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2011-01-29 11:00   
There is no advantage to buying enh other than getting the one you want instead of the random drop from ai, and of course its quicker, but you can get the samething from AI.

Email -Shadowalker-™
tucker32
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2011-01-29 23:12   
technically if u want to gett the best enhanments and one single ship just try and kill elites but if u want to outfit as many possible ships u have with the best enhancment buy em

Sens [R33]
Admiral

Posted: 2011-01-29 23:47   
Generally, piloting will get you further than enhancements. I use the term generally because as the ships get bigger, the effects of enhancements become more noticeable and stack. In any case, I find unmodded ships do just fine in battle. This is a team game, after all.

To answer your original question, it depends on how well you pilot. Your credits essentially last as long as the enhancements you purchased remain intact. A ship with top of the line enhancements will generally cost around 8100 credits. This assumes a colored thrust, and seven blue enhancements. The cost increases with additions such as the stealth module and decreases with the number of unique enhancements you have attached.

To play competitively, in my opinion, you need a long and short range combat vessel, support in the form of either a station or supply ship, an engineer, and recon scout. Of these, I would only recommend outfitting the combat ships and station. Assuming you attach one unique to each, this would cost 21900 credits and 14400 to refit once the enhancements are gone. So to provide a rough figure, 36300 credits should be fine for any period between the extremes of two to ten months, depending on how reckless you are. Keep in mind that players also drop enhancements you might use.

With this in mind, roughly eight dollars a month would be sufficient for a decent and versatile garage, assuming you buy in bulk and wait a little over five months to buy again. That being said, you will find quite a few enhancements on your own so this figure will likely be lower.

That being said, you shouldn't stress too much about credits. In my opinion, flying without enhancements gives you less room for error and improves your skills. Again, your piloting will carry you much further than enhancements.

Email Sens [R33]
Iwancoppa
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2011-01-30 00:03   
Quote:

On 2011-01-29 01:27, Lance wrote:
Ok I'll put the question another way. How many credits do I realistically need to play competitively with other players?
[ This Message was edited by: iwancoppa on 2011-01-30 00:04 ]

unless your willing to waste arseloads of time AI hunting, you'll need to buy enough credits to fully outfit a dred/good cruiser with adv enhancements....

consider that adv's cost 800 creds each, and i believe engine trails(must have!) are about... 3k? so probs about 10-15usd per ship. also do remember that all enh's (- a few) loose 1 durability every time you die. ADV's only have 20, so...

SpaceAdmiral
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-01-30 01:30   
although there is a difference,
piloting skills + normal/better than average enhancements > all blues

Zero28
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-01-30 01:51   
as of Current, My current automatic Payment of the old 10$ a months keeps going, YEs i give 10 Dollars a month and as of now, going to keep going for a long while. I don't do it for creditz, (i have soo much) i do it to donate for such an awesome game

and im sure some of of the olds vets are willing to spare a few credits of there hand to outfit a ship for you
19:33:51 [ZION]GothThug {C?}: "Zero..you are DS's hero"

Iwancoppa
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2011-01-30 02:44   
Quote:

On 2011-01-30 01:30, SpaceAdmiral wrote:

piloting skills + blue enhancements > everything else

SpaceAdmiral
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-01-30 06:32   
Quote:

On 2011-01-30 02:44, iwancoppa wrote:
Quote:

On 2011-01-30 01:30, SpaceAdmiral wrote:

piloting skills + blue enhancements > everything else

He said to stay competitive. Not to be number 1.

DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-01-30 09:39   
Quote:
On 2011-01-29 01:27, Lance wrote:

Read Understanding and Choosing Enhancements, log in beta, you have free 20000 credit everytime you Update Beta profile. Test multiple style of equiping enhancement until you satisfy with your ship. Then do that in actual game.

Page created in 0.029262 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR