Combat Kills

Combat kills in last 24 hours:
No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Sir Oblivion {C?}

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » General Support » » The energy loss bug.
 Author The energy loss bug.
Azure Prower
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-01-25 18:34   
Alright, after further testing I discovered what's causing the energy loss bug.

It's actually a desync issue that causes your speed to stick. Where you can change the speed on client side, the server thinks you're going at full speed at all times.

So when I would go at half speed, I'd only lose a little energy. When I stopped completely, I started losing chunks of energy. Ultimately causing me to appear cloaked on my screen, but not cloaked to others when my battery is drained according to the server.

The most common occurrence for this bug to appear is when you quick log out in open space (Hit the 'x' button, then quickly log back into the server).

Once I did a quick log for the second time when the bug occurred, I was going at full speed when I was at a stand still on my screen when I logged. Then even when I reduced my speed to a halt, the server still thought I was going at max speed, thus the continued energy loss.

Some times when logging back on. If my ship is cloaked, it would suddenly drain my battery from full to zero, then start recharging, lose a chunk of energy, recharging, lose another chunk, over and over.

[ This Message was edited by: Nightmare Reaper on 2011-02-20 12:45 ]

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2011-01-25 19:19   
1 point is hardly a chunk . Tiny inaccuracies with local calculations that are being corrected by replication.

Azure Prower
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-01-25 19:31   
So it's a desync issue?

Looking at it now. I also notice my speed won't stay at the notch I put it at. It's fluctuating back and forth.

Wasn't like this before the latest patch. What changed?
[ This Message was edited by: Azure Prower on 2011-01-25 19:33 ]

Koba
Chief Marshal
Praetorian Wolves

Posted: 2011-01-25 23:06   
i was on icc today my energy wouldent go above 90 it wold hit 90 then drop to 80 over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and aover...anoyed yet

then i started playing with defence power and it was messed up aswell off is on on is regeneration and regeneration chooses either one and no it wasent me playing with the buttons...i did that after i had to press it on and off spaming the system to get my energy to full and then once i firgured out witch one was the off button and it was on mind you i had full energy until i fired then i had to start it all over again or it would only raise up 20 points from where i eneded my fire its a real headache like reading all this

hot fix?

[ This Message was edited by: Aaron[+R] on 2011-01-25 23:08 ]

Reznor
Marshal

Posted: 2011-01-26 02:04   
So the weird energy spikes are the result of client-side calculation errors? Then just give it a better calculator right?

I've had this happen to me, but only very minor. As in, I was going full speed and my energy dropped for a second. It was as if it was displaying my energy wrong and corrected it.

Interdictor: (DS) A planetary emplacement or Cruiser Class vessel capable of preventing FTL travel in a certain radius.

Page created in 0.012045 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR