Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +3.3 Days

Search

Anniversaries

16th - Jameason
14th - Random Axis

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Development Updates » » [1.6] Feedback and Bugs
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
 Author [1.6] Feedback and Bugs
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2011-01-23 18:46   
Please post your feedback and bug reports here.

Thank you.
- Jack

jamesbob
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-01-23 20:24   
well lets see luth on a rampage as i believe 90 percent of ugto players went to kluth. (never seen planets caped so quickly)

planets are offically extremely hard to defend with out majority support as they provide no assistance what so ever.

had bases provided much more support i would not be complaining sadly they are pretty much worth nothing now.

what purpose was this new defence system supose to serve?

and i did beta test this its kinda hard to do it correctly when you do not have enough beta testers.

now i can give you one suggestion

increase defence range and actually make them more useful. theirs no point defending planets now only taking them back.

as one on one the planet wins throw in the second ship and its bye bye planet.

[ This Message was edited by: jamesbob on 2011-01-23 20:32 ]

Mr.Grim[Loyalist]
Marshal

Posted: 2011-01-23 20:34   
I agree that Planets need a Buf bad the Defense does not hit hard enough for them to be even slightly effective.. please bring them back to old standards or atleast make them stronger.

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2011-01-23 21:31   
I've just commited a change to beta which included a significant boost to planet defences. You'll see it in a hotfix most likely later tonight or tomorrow.

YBnormal
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-01-23 21:36   
great update seems to run a lot smoother. was having major lag issues before. ill have to wait and see in the larger battles. looks good though.

Scorched Soul[+R]
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-01-23 22:00   
i would like to see the percentage capture rate at your current planet because it adds to my peace of mind and i know how many more people i will need before i start to cap a planet. so if i sit next to a planet i would see the regen rate due to the inf on the planet - the capture points do to my ship expressed as a rate. If you have not reached a sufficient number of ships around the planet this number would be negative since the inf are regenerating control over the planet faster than you are gaining control.

also I think that dropping resources on a friendly planet should provide an instant boost to your control which i can rationalize as sending supplies to your newly installed government to establish itself and or fight off rogue enemy infantry.

and once you have hit 100% control all infantry become friendly because you have assumed "100% control" at which point you have enslaved/brainwashed all the enemy infantry. otherwise you have to pretty much either kill all the enemy infantry and or ferry your own infantry to the planet to kill the enemy infantry and or capture the planet. this leaves you basicaly exactly where you were before the patch exept the bombing works differently and you have to wait alot longer for the planet to change sides.

[ This Message was edited by: Scorched Soul[+R] on 2011-01-23 22:30 ]

Email Scorched Soul[+R]
jamesbob
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-01-24 00:38   
Quote:

On 2011-01-23 21:31, BackSlash wrote:
I've just commited a change to beta which included a significant boost to planet defences. You'll see it in a hotfix most likely later tonight or tomorrow.

thank you jack i shall go *coughs* test it boy getting my self killed should be fun

DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-01-24 01:08   
Can you tell us the strength of each def base now? I don't need the value, just give hint like Off i < Def II < Off II.
I don't understand PD %. I can see def II = 5%, off II = 3%, bomb II = 7% but ... have no clue.
[ This Message was edited by: chlorophyll on 2011-01-24 01:16 ]

jamesbob
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-01-24 03:43   
Quote:

On 2011-01-24 01:08, chlorophyll wrote:
Can you tell us the strength of each def base now? I don't need the value, just give hint like Off i < Def II < Off II.
I don't understand PD %. I can see def II = 5%, off II = 3%, bomb II = 7% but ... have no clue.
[ This Message was edited by: chlorophyll on 2011-01-24 01:16 ]

pd is damage reduction from orbital bombing

aka each bomb does example a planet with 12 pd bases damage is virtually non existant

Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2011-01-24 04:16   
Can you tell us the strength of each def base now?

I'll get some details in a couple hours after I get off work. Stand by and I'll update this post...

Update: I lied. My day went long and I'm exhausted. I'll update this tomorrow. Sorry for the delay.

I do like the idea of more information on the planet/structure info box or screen, but in the meantime I'll give some useful at least relative information here.
[ This Message was edited by: Shigernafy on 2011-01-24 12:20 ]

Email Shigernafy
Irak
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2011-01-24 07:12   
Dissapering mouse. I keep haveing it

*Flash*
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-01-24 07:17   
Quote:

On 2011-01-24 07:12, Ultr4killer wrote:
Dissapering mouse. I keep haveing it

So do i

Email *Flash*
Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-01-24 07:19   
Quote:

On 2011-01-24 04:16, Shigernafy wrote:
Can you tell us the strength of each def base now?

I'll get some details in a couple hours after I get off work. Stand by and I'll update this post...

This should be expanded on in the game itself. For a veteran player, its easily understood. For a newbie... well not so easy.

First, I think it would be a great idea if we displayed the relative value of anti-ship capabilities of a planet too. It seems to just follow in that order.

It seems that every defense base adds some Point Defense % (which is shown) and an unspecificed damage %.

I think it would be much clearer if we knew exactly what those numbers mean, otherwise we're pretty much building blindly.

For example, does 15% PD mean than all damage dealt is reduced by 15%? Does this mean that a planet with 100% PD can't be bombed because all the bombs are effectivlely "destroyed"?

Also, I think it should be clearly displayed in some form the anti-ship capabilities of each defense base. I mean, we know anti-bombardment bases add more % towards PD, but what about offense? We don't know. It would be nice to know a %.

Heres my suggestion. Add a value to each defense base called Offensive Strength. Displayed as a percentage, a planet can have from 0 to 100% strength, where 0% means you won't take any damage and 100% strength is just something you don't want to go near without dying.

The idea is, Anti-Bomardment bases provide more PD, and Anti-Ship bases provide more Offensive Strength. And the middle ground Defense bases add a lesser, but equal amount of both.

That way, the players can click on a planet and know its capabilities, and not be flying blind. The only problem I see here is a lack of how it all works, rather than the system itself (which I like).

I also agree above with increasing the range and damage of the defense of the planet. After you hit 1kgu, you should be taking damage, and if you're alone, you shouldn't be able to tank it for long, unless you're in a scout.

-Ent

DarkCloudd
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-01-24 07:31   
I have a suggestion of a small change to the way Infantry drop pods work right now.

As it stands with the new system any Infantry pod you launch at a plant will hit since there is no planetary PD system to shoot them down. I was wondering how hard it would be to make it so that the amount of PD on a planet reduces the health of the Infantry by that percent. So a planet with 35% pd, any enemy infantry would land with 65% health and not 100%.

Right now the defending infantry have no sort of advantage since every pod will land. If the enemy infantry's health is reduced then it would make it so the defenders still have a small advantage.

If it sounds silly thats fine its just my thinking on it, but since the ally AI arent very good at moving infantry to planets that need it then when there is low population on a faction they are going to get over penalized because they are going to have to spend alot more time running infantry around on planets and not being able to defend them against attack.
[ This Message was edited by: Fatal DarkCloudd *COM* on 2011-01-24 07:35 ]

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-01-24 07:54   
Quote:

On 2011-01-24 07:31, Fatal DarkCloudd *COM* wrote:
I have a suggestion of a small change to the way Infantry drop pods work right now.

As it stands with the new system any Infantry pod you launch at a plant will hit since there is no planetary PD system to shoot them down. I was wondering how hard it would be to make it so that the amount of PD on a planet reduces the health of the Infantry by that percent. So a planet with 35% pd, any enemy infantry would land with 65% health and not 100%.

Right now the defending infantry have no sort of advantage since every pod will land. If the enemy infantry's health is reduced then it would make it so the defenders still have a small advantage.

If it sounds silly thats fine its just my thinking on it, but since the ally AI arent very good at moving infantry to planets that need it then when there is low population on a faction they are going to get over penalized because they are going to have to spend alot more time running infantry around on planets and not being able to defend them against attack.
[ This Message was edited by: Fatal DarkCloudd *COM* on 2011-01-24 07:35 ]

Well the problem then becomes, if a planet has 100% PD, how do you land anything? How do you bomb anything? You can't. Its an invincible planet.

The original inf on the planet still have the advantage. They gain a boost from the PD % on the planet so I've been told, so they are always stronger than the enemy inf that land.

Infantry alone isn't enough, because razing a simple Tier 1 Structure with ten inf takes MUCH longer. Inf rushing a planet isn't an option so much as an added bonus to help take the planet quicker, just like with bombing.

-Ent

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
Page created in 0.024727 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR