No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +6.2 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Sir Oblivion {C?}

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » General Support » » Desync issues.
 Author Desync issues.
Azure Prower
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-01-16 16:29   
Okay. I must say every one has noticed a lot more desync issues as of late for some reason or another. I would like to list a couple that is becoming a problem lately.

I must note that these desync issues are not related to my computer or my connection as when the problems arose, I asked if others were seeing/getting the same thing at the time it occurred. They are.

* Ships bouncing back and forth with rapid movement

We've all seen it before. But lately it has been happening a lot more frequently and I'm not the only one noticing it. More importantly, it's always the same players that this occurs with.

One ship from ICC jump into a fleet of K'luth. The said ship began to bounce back and forth as the K'luth proceeded to attempt to fire at it. Stellar Incinerators were flying in every direction and ended up causing the K'luth fleet to friendly fire upon each other before the ICC ship jumped back with not even his armor dented.

When questioned about his blatant desync problem, his response to why he survived was "defense" [enhancements]. Yet I come back the next day to see him doing the same thing and avoiding fire due to desync. It makes me wonder if people can intentionally desync themselves to others.

* Cloak bug / Ships firing while "cloaked"

A few times on my screen I appear cloaked, yet it is not the case when I ask my team members and the enemy. This is nothing new.

How ever. Lately I have been noticing my team members being cloaked on my screen when they are actually not.

Even in this state of being uncloaked when others see you as cloaked, you can fire and 'lag' damage some one with out even seeing any projectiles or beams.

One time a fleet of K'luth was lined up at a station with one player saying he was going to fire. Yet to all of us on K'luth, he appeared cloaked the entire time. Yet the UGTO was able to see him as an exchange of fire occurred where our team member's fire was invisible to the rest of us on K'luth. When asked why no one helped him as we all stayed cloaked, we all replied that we thought he was cloaked.

Another time I saw a team member of mine dispatch a scout while cloaked on my screen. The UGTO scout that was pinging/beaconing him then started complaining in /yell that he thought he was still cloaked.

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2011-01-16 16:35   
The two issues you have stated have nothing to do with desync.

Desync is when the client falls out of syncronisation with the server, meaning the result of the data processed by the client is not identicle to the result on the server.

Players bouncing back and forth are players who have very, very, very high latency. The server doesn't receive updates from them for seconds at a time, and so has to sit there and guess best what the person is going to do (a simple algorythm to guess where a ship is going to be going is no substitute for a real thinking person). There is little we can do about this, and this sort of bouncing back and forth is present in all popular online games (World of Warcraft, Counter Strike, Quake, etc), in a perfect world this wouldn't happen, but we only have one server, and it's situated in America.

The cloak problem is, we think, a result of a very odd number of circumstances to do with data replication. A potential fix is already being worked upon, although it's not an easy task to track down what you perceive to be an easy thing to solve.

In future, these issues would best be reported through the support ticket system.

- Jack

Page created in 0.007918 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR