No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +6.3 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Sir Oblivion {C?}

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » General Support » » Lag problem
 Author Lag problem
Chasm
1st Rear Admiral
Interstellar Cultural Confederation United

Posted: 2010-12-19 23:56   
AHH its getting frustrating.. I got a 3mb internet that when i play i get 82 ms but when i come in contact to any battles it goes sky high (10000+ ms)

this only happens in MV i think maybe cause you made the whole mv into one, before it was i was able to play with alot lesser lag and i mean ALOT less, this makes me have to go to scen all the time to get my pres and rank up ~.~

tucker32
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-12-20 00:00   
try lowering ur graphics in settings i had same problem so i lowered everything and im good now

Chasm
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2010-12-20 00:02   
Quote:

On 2010-12-20 00:00, tucker32 wrote:
try lowering ur graphics in settings i had same problem so i lowered everything and im good now

Ok ill give it a shot (hope it works*)

edit: ok it didnt work still hoping for some other ideas
[ This Message was edited by: Chasm on 2010-12-20 04:53 ]

Died~2000~Deaths[+R]*CC*
Chief Marshal
Army Of Darkness

Posted: 2010-12-21 03:00   
I had Norton av it gave me a problem durring game .I changed it and now is better but i still lag some i mv but not in scenerio.However my cpu is old and needs up grades.BTW i had no problem after they joined the servers it was when they added the bloom effect and upped the graphipcs then i lagged real bad.Now in defence of the devs it's realy not their fault that my cpu is old, there only trying to improve the game and there is some ppl like me with old stuff that doesn't work well with new stuff. I'm kinda dissopointed that i have to upgrade my cpu to play DS when i could b4 with no lagg. I guess it's the price we pay 4 technology.

Email Died~2000~Deaths[+R]*CC*
Chasm
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2010-12-21 03:37   
Quote:

On 2010-12-21 03:00, Died~1000~Deaths[+R]™ wrote:
I had Norton av it gave me a problem durring game .I changed it and now is better but i still lag some i mv but not in scenerio.However my cpu is old and needs up grades.BTW i had no problem after they joined the servers it was when they added the bloom effect and upped the graphipcs then i lagged real bad.Now in defence of the devs it's realy not their fault that my cpu is old, there only trying to improve the game and there is some ppl like me with old stuff that doesn't work well with new stuff. I'm kinda dissopointed that i have to upgrade my cpu to play DS when i could b4 with no lagg. I guess it's the price we pay 4 technology.

thanks for the reply.. yea maybe i guess its probably my specs anyway
sigh*

Died~2000~Deaths[+R]*CC*
Chief Marshal
Army Of Darkness

Posted: 2010-12-21 04:36   
it could also b some of your settings .double check evrything if u haven't .turn hdr off and bloom effect down .bring your focus to 2000 this will limit u on what u c in game to 2000 gu and play with that a lil to get your prefrence . hope this hlp u good luck.
p.s
in game hit enter for chat to come up . then foward slash ( / )focus then space then 2000

/focus 2000 that changes the focus

Died~1000~Deaths[+R]™

µOmniVore
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-12-21 05:08   
i was browsing through the wow forums and i found a post about lag and connection issues and it gave me a few tips that have helped me reduce lag in Dark- Space. Make any changes at your own risk they worked for me reduced my latency from 83 to 52 for TCP and 48 to 40 for udp.

1. speedguide.net this auto configures your connection for best performance.

2. be sure if you attempt this step you don't make it so your network adapter doesn't get messed up.

*Checksum Offload:
This may also be named Hardware Checksuming, Checksum RX, TCP/UDP Checksum offload (IP4), or Receive Checksum
Please change this setting to 'DISABLED' if you have it.

*Speed/Duplex settings:
If this option exists, please try changing the Speed/Duplex to Force 100 Full
Duplex. This has shown to fix these types of issues as well.

*Flow Control:
Please change this setting to 'Disabled/off' if you have it.

* also increase your Transmit and Receive buffers to 512 - doing this increases CPU usage

* Disable Interrupt Moderation- increases CPU usage as-well

if you are unfamiliar with any of these setting and what they do google each one as you configure it for best results.

Hopes this helps also give your network adapter time to restart after you are done changing its settings. also make note of what you change just in case you screw up something.

Email µOmniVore
Died~2000~Deaths[+R]*CC*
Chief Marshal
Army Of Darkness

Posted: 2010-12-21 22:14   
try this also . for some reason today when i jacked up all the settings texture at half the others all the way up hdr on, bloom on 1/4 seems to do better go figure . worth a try.

Died~1000~Deaths[+R]™

Page created in 0.019507 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR