- Weekly DarkSpace
04/20/24 +21.3 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Bizaro
15th - *Flash*
9th - Uziel Lt. Seraph

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Announcements » » A message from the Dev Team
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author A message from the Dev Team
Reznor
Marshal

Posted: 2011-01-04 14:49   
Quote:

On 2010-12-20 01:09, *OmniVore* wrote:
I agree that posting future change would only increase anticipation, but maybe few more outsources of information so we can see progress. the frequent lobby q&a are not cutting it anymore maybe if you guys do thing in small increments instead of large batches probably would help alot.

also you guys need a new revenue source expand the item shop get published this game would be great as an xbox live game or god forbid a psn game even if you don't have the ability to do this someone is rich and needs to be richer would fund a project like that.

expanding the item shop to unique ships (maybe those cool community created ones)/weapons/devices, would help to increase revenue i know i really have nothing to do with my money why not help a small dev team grow.

Just a silly opinion

They would probably need to port the engine to those consoles, which would take some know-how. Best chance would be steam, but afaik, they already tried that :/ . I think it has more to do with the game actually being free, with optional subscription. Unless steam takes a chunk of their pie (which can't be all that big, sadly) , they'd never allow it.

Interdictor: (DS) A planetary emplacement or Cruiser Class vessel capable of preventing FTL travel in a certain radius.

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2011-01-04 16:03   
GCQL is classed as a competitor product to Steam, and as such, VALVe wouldn't allow DarkSpace to be added to it.

There's also the issue of the fact that DarkSpace isn't in decent enough shape to put on Steam, and could actually harm it.

3|Umf{StierKanz
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2011-01-04 20:54   
Firstly, I'd like to extend my greatest thanks to all developers and people who make this game possible to play and enjoy. If it weren't for DarkSpace, I'd be involving myself in senseless banter on random forums to receive gratification. (Regardless the fact I still do..)

This game has been my favorite online mmog in history. Not just because of it's "sci-fi flyin round in space shipz" gameplay, but for what it is in a whole.
The coming together of people to share the experience that is darkspace.

Other than that, i wish I was apart of the team, helping work on features and any other aspect of keeping it alive. As such i've been studying up on programming and other coding to better my skills, in an attempt to help, in my opinion, the best game out there.

Anyway, for those that senselessly and selfishly post their "feelings" about how things are going...theres always the tranq gun, and the presto log cannon.. (for added effect)

Anyway, thanks again guys, keep on keepin on.. and or doing what your doing.. and or just being legitimate gangsters.

-Kanz

Goto the website of 3|Umf{StierKanz
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2011-01-04 21:09   
If you know C++, send myself, Drafell or if you feel you have enough knowledge, email Faustus directly.

Lrd_Hunter
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-01-05 22:06   
i know i have been a headache with my anti staff threads but i do apperciate what yall have done.

now that said just wonder if maybe we can look at some other game company out there that can help. (this aint possible but an example) like bungie the guys that made halo. i mean they have a huge player base and people who love bungie and love to see what they are apart of right.

again just an example but let say F man talked to the guys at bungie and they agreed to help right well you get good dev (not saying yall arent) but they also bring in gamer who are like total NERDs lol.

we all know people at bungie wouldnt toch this but maybe there is some company out there that would be intersted in helping. heck talk to sony they just shot down a ton of servers so they have room to expand.

just an idea maybe other can build on it or give better but just a random thought i had.

dont want to see the game die or we get stuck with STO or eve or even wrose yet (and i am guilty of playing it and still playing it) World of warcraft.

Reznor
Marshal

Posted: 2011-01-05 23:11   
Quote:

On 2011-01-05 22:06, Nova Team wrote:
i know i have been a headache with my anti staff threads but i do apperciate what yall have done.

now that said just wonder if maybe we can look at some other game company out there that can help. (this aint possible but an example) like bungie the guys that made halo. i mean they have a huge player base and people who love bungie and love to see what they are apart of right.

again just an example but let say F man talked to the guys at bungie and they agreed to help right well you get good dev (not saying yall arent) but they also bring in gamer who are like total NERDs lol.

we all know people at bungie wouldnt toch this but maybe there is some company out there that would be intersted in helping. heck talk to sony they just shot down a ton of servers so they have room to expand.

just an idea maybe other can build on it or give better but just a random thought i had.

dont want to see the game die or we get stuck with STO or eve or even wrose yet (and i am guilty of playing it and still playing it) World of warcraft.

The closest thing to that would be selling the rights. A game dev company doesn't have much capital, it's publishers that have all the money. A publisher only would want the rights to something established. Darkspace is fantastic, but it's not exactly well known.

They'd also want to sell something. In game currency doesn't fly with major publishers, it's only really used by korean/japanese businesses, and is only more recently coming to america. This game has been out for several years, you can't just "re-release it".

It all boils down to: "will this game make me boatloads of money?". I suspect Darkspace makes just enough to stay afloat (or, god forbid, enough to sink slowly) , which just isn't attractive to a dev/publisher. Plus, a new team would have to learn, from the ground up, Darkspace's engine, which is very time consuming. Time=money.

Interdictor: (DS) A planetary emplacement or Cruiser Class vessel capable of preventing FTL travel in a certain radius.

Lrd_Hunter
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-01-09 01:02   

The closest thing to that would be selling the rights. A game dev company doesn't have much capital, it's publishers that have all the money. A publisher only would want the rights to something established. Darkspace is fantastic, but it's not exactly well known.

They'd also want to sell something. In game currency doesn't fly with major publishers, it's only really used by korean/japanese businesses, and is only more recently coming to america. This game has been out for several years, you can't just "re-release it".

It all boils down to: "will this game make me boatloads of money?". I suspect Darkspace makes just enough to stay afloat (or, god forbid, enough to sink slowly) , which just isn't attractive to a dev/publisher. Plus, a new team would have to learn, from the ground up, Darkspace's engine, which is very time consuming. Time=money.
[/quote]

well i think the player that have stayed and donated money to the game is worth something not to mention the staff members that have been working on this game for free. but that what i am hitting to like a relaunch.

i know we have tried in the past but palestar not a really know company and with the money budget hard to just put ads out there most want to charge an arm and leg just for coupel of mo for advertisments.

it just an idea but that the only thing i see left. they dont have to sell the right but become like a partneer with someone. let use bungie again as an example.

let say big f goes and talk to them and make a contract with them say if they can help with this and this and we will shar certain amount of profit we make off it. (this being if we broke like sub you know 9.99 a mo subs) plus keep the credits. just something like that.

heck i know another company out there that making a good profit off one game and it 2d. dont know if yall have heard of sd enternet but tehre a korea bases game company and they hold the rights to navyfiled. a ww2 battle ship game.
they have made enough to hold on to there server and expanded. so who know they might have some idea for this game to help plus bring money and the staff we have can be made into like supervisor right and teach the dev guys from sd on the basic of this game.

just an idea know it not much coming from me but maybe someone out there who is smart on this kind of stuff can give more input to this.

one of my favorite quotes witch i use today goes like this:

"A Pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; An Optimist see the opportunity in every difficulty."

i think Winston churchill said it.

jamesbob
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-01-09 02:45   
Quote:

On 2011-01-09 01:02, Nova Team wrote:

well i think the player that have stayed and donated money to the game is worth something not to mention the staff members that have been working on this game for free. but that what i am hitting to like a relaunch.

i know we have tried in the past but palestar not a really know company and with the money budget hard to just put ads out there most want to charge an arm and leg just for coupel of mo for advertisments.

it just an idea but that the only thing i see left. they dont have to sell the right but become like a partneer with someone. let use bungie again as an example.

let say big f goes and talk to them and make a contract with them say if they can help with this and this and we will shar certain amount of profit we make off it. (this being if we broke like sub you know 9.99 a mo subs) plus keep the credits. just something like that.

heck i know another company out there that making a good profit off one game and it 2d. dont know if yall have heard of sd enternet but tehre a korea bases game company and they hold the rights to navyfiled. a ww2 battle ship game.
they have made enough to hold on to there server and expanded. so who know they might have some idea for this game to help plus bring money and the staff we have can be made into like supervisor right and teach the dev guys from sd on the basic of this game.

just an idea know it not much coming from me but maybe someone out there who is smart on this kind of stuff can give more input to this.

one of my favorite quotes witch i use today goes like this:

"A Pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; An Optimist see the opportunity in every difficulty."

i think Winston churchill said it.

[/quote]

or you can ask firefly studios wait scratch that not a good idea they are in a bit of trouble with their player base for sudden instant morons syndrome.

yah get that.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.016168 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR