No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +3.8 Days

Search

Anniversaries

1st - UntenHund

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » new ships for marshal and cheif marshal
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
 Author new ships for marshal and cheif marshal
tucker32
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-12-06 12:49   
demoliton ships? ships that are made for kamikazeeing Ex. scout ship with in 50 gu of a frigate will demolish it thing is less armor for them

LPv2.5
Chief Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2010-12-06 13:17   
Just curious, what needs to happen for new ships to be added to the game. There have been countless threads about wanting new ships, players contributing models, and ideas on implementation. I know that Darkspace is free to play and that the Devs, Mods, and Editors are not paid, but there has to be some communication on what we (the community) can do to get what has been requested time and time again.

What (very specifically) would make this happen? $100...$1000...$10,000?

I think that an answer beyond the simple NO/ we are not paid is no longer sufficient.

Sorry to rant, but there seems to be no desire to move forward with this at all.

Rebellion
Marshal
Faster than Light

Posted: 2010-12-06 14:45   
Quote:

On 2010-12-06 13:17, *LPv23* wrote:
Just curious, what needs to happen for new ships to be added to the game. There have been countless threads about wanting new ships, players contributing models, and ideas on implementation. I know that Darkspace is free to play and that the Devs, Mods, and Editors are not paid, but there has to be some communication on what we (the community) can do to get what has been requested time and time again.

What (very specifically) would make this happen? $100...$1000...$10,000?

I think that an answer beyond the simple NO/ we are not paid is no longer sufficient.

Sorry to rant, but there seems to be no desire to move forward with this at all.

One... Hundred... BILLION DOLLARS!

just thoght we could use some comic relief

[ This Message was edited by: Marshal CRAZY45 *XO* on 2010-12-06 14:49 ]

\"War does not decide who is right, but who is left\"
\"I stopped fighting my inner demons we're on the same side now\"

Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-12-06 14:52   
Quote:

On 2010-12-04 02:40, BackSlash wrote:
They're bragging rights, and not ranks for ships.

what rights beside locking planets?

Xavier I. Agamemnon
Grand Admiral
Exathra Alliance Fleet

Posted: 2010-12-06 15:07   
how about stronger guns that be cool

Xavier I. Agamemnon
CD/I.C.S Spartacus
HC/I.C.S Athena
CDD/I.C.S Achilles
Leader of the Exathra Alliance Fleet.

Email Xavier I. Agamemnon   Goto the website of Xavier I. Agamemnon
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-12-06 16:13   
As mentioned countless times on the forums over the years, we are but a small team of mostly amateur game developers (I believe as of writing, only 3 of us working on the game have experience outside of DarkSpace or have qualifications in the field).

Not only is there much current content that has to be fine tuned and balanced out, there is the issue with lack of texture artists, lack of modeller, lack of sound artist, lack of graphic artist, lack of programmers... The list goes on.

We are not a multi-million dollar studio, we do the work because we love the game, and we want it to live on. Finding any of the above listed requirements to get content out on a regular basis is, at best, a difficult task (read:proving very difficult). Not only that, but finding good people to do these things is even harder (a 15 year old with basic understanding of C++, for example, is not going to cut the mustard).

As difficult as it is to say and hear, you'll never see content being pumped out at a rate of what other large studio's can (and to an extent, some small). None of us can work on this full time, and even if that were possible, almost all of us bar Faustus lack experience to do it on a level that would result in fast, quality content releases.

Bottom line is, you most likely won't see Marshal or Chief Marshal content for quite some time - our backlog of work is already pages long without the added trouble of bug fixes, or unseen issues. We already prioritise the things that we believe would benefit the game the most.

With the holidays coming up fast, we're all very busy outside of DarkSpace leading to issues where some of the work cannot be progressed upon without another member of the team present.

We all do our best with what we have, and I hope after reading this, some of you can understand that a little better.

- Jack

SpaceAdmiral
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-12-06 17:37   
if darkspace makes profit...couldn't it hire a few paid developers....who can move the game forward and make some ads....then get a bigger player base which means more income for more developers and ads and more players and even more income?

Also:
some suggestions that have been shot down
-revamped smaller ships
possible reasons: unfair for earlier small ships
-new class either between cruiser and dread or between dread and station
possible reasons: more work
-specialized ships
possible reasons: might be "unfair"
-limited modding
possible reasons: unfair for other ships/players who can't mod because of rank, "imbalance" if a strict control system is not implemented, more work, bad times during modding period

Krim {C?}
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-12-06 17:40   
I for one would rather see things fixed than have new ships put out.

Doesn't mean that down the line I don't want to see new things, i'm sure there will be eventually.

Thank you to all the developers of course for all your hard work.

[ This Message was edited by: Krim {C?} on 2010-12-06 18:29 ]

GTN - Veneratio est Totus

Goto the website of Krim {C?}
Eledore Massis [R33]
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2010-12-06 18:30   
We ARE getting a bit off-topic.
Ill say the following, but please limit yourself of commenting about my second part only.

Quote:
On 2010-12-06 17:37, SpaceAdmiral wrote:
if darkspace makes profit...couldn't it hire a few paid developers....who can move the game forward and make some ads....then get a bigger player base which means more income for more developers and ads and more players and even more income?

Also:
some suggestions that have been shot down
-revamped smaller ships
-specialized ships
-limited modding
possible reasons: unfair for other ships/players who can't mod because of rank, "imbalance" if a strict control system is not implemented, more work, bad times during modding period

If?
Sorry but from my personal perspective the only way we can go is in another order then you immagine.
If we have more players and more income. Then we will need to increase our server capacity. This circle of players v/s server capacity will continue until we have a positive gain on our balance. Only then could we consider hiring a Part-time or Full-time developer. And i think (Think != Know) that faustus already has a list of people he might prefer, with himself high on that list.
And yes we could do ads. Either inside DS to increase income, we already tried some. but proven more trouble then worth. Or the other ads kind, putting advertisement for DS up. Well that requires Money, more then we got available. (in addition that might draw a lot of attention to ourselves, and that might overwhelm our current server capacity. which in turn gets us NEGATIVE PR.)

All right up to the point where i actually wanted to comment on. "the second part."
-revamped smaller ships

Reason: Whut? we just re-did the smaller ships. the big ship will need to get new layouts.

Reason: To much trouble since we already are working on new Cruiser,Dread,Station layouts. the new layouts will totally change the relation between those classes.
-specialized ships

Reason: To much work, in relation to pending evaluation of all ships. (evaluation will come after all the ships have new layouts. see above)
-limited modding

Question: modding in what sense? gadget count modding, gadget alternatives (railgun<>gausgun) or Enhancements. And what you mean "because of rank".
Information: gadget alternatives is something we will work on at a later date. for example, ICC will get the SABOT as Torpedo alternative.

Hope i have been informative, but so far there is little solid information for you.
E

[ This Message was edited by: Eledore Massis [R33] on 2010-12-06 18:35 ]

ScorchedOne
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2010-12-08 02:00   
Personally I would just like every ship to be re-skinned. Most of the ships look just like their other variants. For instance a missile ship and a standard ship look alike, why not edit the models to look more specialized. I have noticed a few people showing models they made or melded, I'm sure they would be willing to contribute for free or even just for more credits.
Hmmm..... 77.76 -20.99 = 56.77 | 66.84/56.77= 1.177
So if you get rid of the 20 autopilot deaths I have a positive K/D
Curse Autopilot, for it is the root of all evil.

jamesbob
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-12-08 09:26   
Quote:

and I hope after reading this, some of you can understand that a little better.

- Jack

apparently not i would just rather the devs keep this game running as best as they can rather then slap more workload on them.

keep up the good work.

[ This Message was edited by: jamesbob on 2010-12-08 09:38 ]

Sops
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-12-08 09:53   
Quote:

On 2010-12-08 02:00, ScorchedOne wrote:
Personally I would just like every ship to be re-skinned. Most of the ships look just like their other variants. For instance a missile ship and a standard ship look alike, why not edit the models to look more specialized. I have noticed a few people showing models they made or melded, I'm sure they would be willing to contribute for free or even just for more credits.

From a realism perspective it makes sense for them to look the same, mass produce as few hull types as you can and then fit them out for their specialized role.

And as a pure aesthetic change that has no effect on the game I am not sure it is worth the effort.

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-12-09 06:51   
Anyone else posting misleaidng information will get their posts deleted without question. Friendly warning. Do your research before posting please!

ADmiraLMaXimus (Bringer of Doom)
Chief Marshal
Praetorian Wolves

Posted: 2010-12-10 22:20   
People Remember this game is free and with its limited resources I think asking for more is asking too much....

Maybe if we were still paying then yeah and ....

If this was a multi milloin dollar comany we would hardly be able to communicate as much as we do with developers to make any changes like we can here...

This game has been arround for a while so give it time and lets see where it goes.

aside from some bugs, I like the way it is so far....

Keep up the good work

[ This Message was edited by: ADmiraLMaXimus (Bringer of Doom) on 2010-12-10 22:20 ]

Email ADmiraLMaXimus (Bringer of Doom)
Strategery
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2010-12-11 01:17   
I know I'VE aged over the last 8 years. I need to find whatever everyone has been drinking all this time to PREVENT the aging process around here.

I didn't think i'd still see people whining about wanting more ways to earn pres, more badges, more ranks, more ships; "more, more more, we want more!!"
That got annoying BEFORE the game became free to play, and now that it is free it hasn't changed at all. Give it a break, already.

Eventually, you gotta get the grasp of economics. As far as i know F has NEVER actually made a legitimate profit on this game. However i've hardly played in the last 3 years so i could totally be wrong. He could be swimming in a pool of Champagne where ever he is for all i know.

Maybe your fellas are right: We need 24 new ships, 12 new ranks, and Adamantium badges to keep the kiddies happy and entertained...

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!!!!

Well if not, too bad.
We all know the powers that be around here are already doing their best to please you, so stop whining already will ya. Just play the game or do something else.

Sometimes you don't always get everything you want in life. Something you learn over time, trust me.

Out

[S.W] Grand Admiral Strategery
ICC Master Battle Strategist (ret.)
Proud Commander of the C.S.S. Ticonderoga

Email Strategery
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Page created in 0.026457 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR