No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
03/30/24 +1.5 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Doran

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Development Updates » » Fix the hull
 Author Fix the hull
Musashi Miyamoto
Admiral

Posted: 2010-11-01 02:30   
im sick of being insta kill every now and then its SO STUPID i got killed by a scout in a dessie in 7 seconds at least do something about this already i dunno y no1 else thought of it. It is a glitch and needs to be fixed in the nrxt update geez i had 100 hull wen he killed me.

Lrd_Hunter
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-11-01 03:40   
wow you died in a scout vs a dessie image that. pretty sure it was not a glitch but on the off chance that it was let look at something first: who was the piolt, did the dessie have enh on it, were you point blank with it, and what type of dessie was it, and were you lagging at the time

[ This Message was edited by: Nova Team on 2010-11-01 03:46 ]
[ This Message was edited by: Nova Team on 2010-11-01 03:47 ]

Windless Storm
Admiral

Posted: 2010-11-01 04:22   
Quote:

On 2010-11-01 03:40, Nova Team wrote:
wow you died in a scout vs a dessie image that. pretty sure it was not a glitch but on the off chance that it was let look at something first: who was the piolt, did the dessie have enh on it, were you point blank with it, and what type of dessie was it, and were you lagging at the time

[ This Message was edited by: Nova Team on 2010-11-01 03:46 ]
[ This Message was edited by: Nova Team on 2010-11-01 03:47 ]

+ was it an ICC stealth corvette ..

Goto the website of Windless Storm
Musashi Miyamoto
Admiral

Posted: 2010-11-01 07:39   
dude im not lagging others who actually PLAY the game wuld naturally b the only ones to know and no it wasnt enh and i dun see wat could possible allow a scout to destroy a dessie with full hull in 15 or less

Okkam
Marshal

Posted: 2010-11-01 08:17   
First things first. If you truely had 100% hull it would be impossible.
Secondly, 7 seconds? exaggeration I would assume.

There are many factors people tend to consider when it comes down to this, first off were there other factors towards your death? someone decloaking or jumping on you at the precise time the scout got you into hull?
My opinion is you were de-synched out if you saw your hull at 100% but it was infact lower than that. Occationally players aren't aware that their ingame display doesn't always show the exact amount of armour or hull you have. People tend to ask all the time "Hey, whats my hull at?".

If you do not agree with that opinion then the only other thing that comes to mind would be that you were attacked at the exact same time as a larger more powerful ship when the scout arrived. Whether or not you saw it there doesn't mean it wasn't there. Unlike other games DS does not show you a list of participants in your death but merely the final blow.

I am un-aware that a corvette is currently overpowered in this edition, if it were then ICC wouldn't be getting facerolled at every opportunity by every man and his dog.

The last one is more of a personal request. Is it possible you could calm down a second and read through somthing you post, not all of us enjoy reading 'net-slang' mixed with rage rant.

[ This Message was edited by: Okkam's Razor @DnB on 2010-11-01 08:21 ]

| Dark Hiigaran |
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-11-01 08:26   
my hull is broken too ... it goes down when i get fired on. its wierd pls fix it

Email | Dark Hiigaran |
Lrd_Hunter
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-11-01 08:58   
Quote:

On 2010-11-01 07:39, Musashi Miyamoto wrote:
dude im not lagging others who actually PLAY the game wuld naturally b the only ones to know and no it wasnt enh and i dun see wat could possible allow a scout to destroy a dessie with full hull in 15 or less

lol i lawled at the coment for people who actually play i guess i dont play the game. now about the scout vs dessie.....if you havent notcied scouts are some of the best ships in the game 2 or 3 of them can take out a dread IF flawn right. just becaue your in a bigger ships dosent mean that your alwasy going to win vs smaller ships. oblivous (not hating on ya here but) seeing that you havent played that long you proable dont know how to fly a dessie right either and maybe you do but the scout piolt proable a pro at it and that why you lost.

ADmiraLMaXimus (Bringer of Doom)
Chief Marshal
Praetorian Wolves

Posted: 2010-11-01 20:06   
idea...

have a duel
let others see the combat evironment and see as a group how this is possible I will time it .....

but it is possible for a stock scout to kill a stock dessy...

especially the ICC stealth corvette... i doubt it would do it in 15 secs but if the dessy isnt getting many hits due to the scouts manuverability then YESSSS

That particular scout will beat a dessy one on one with the right Pilot but Ill give it 2 min with a pro pilot in the scout and a decent player in the dessy

1 min if the dessy is piloted by a noob of less than 3 months DS experience

Email ADmiraLMaXimus (Bringer of Doom)
Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-11-01 20:56   
I can see the possibility of this. Its not as unusual as you might think. I've flown a torpedo scout or two and they can be pretty effective against cruisers if you can stick behind them. But they're usually too fragile themselves to last very long.

-Ent

Sens [R33]
Admiral

Posted: 2010-11-01 20:57   
I don't think anyone realizes that the hard counter to scouts in medium sized ships is braking and turning. That being said, it isn't hard to dodge torps, especially in a dessie. Dodging will do you far more good than any number of defense enhancements.

Email Sens [R33]
Musashi Miyamoto
Admiral

Posted: 2010-11-03 20:56   
wat did u think i was doing and btw i have a few years experience flying a dessie when i played on my old account and a couple months of exp flying a dread or cruiser, i know what im talking about and besides my hull was at 100% because it was new i just flew it out of sy b4 getting blown up....

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-11-03 20:59   
Your client most likely hadn't completed a full sync - there may have been other ships in the area that your client had not received yet (although 7 seconds is insanely long for sync period - I wouldn't want your connection).

Iwancoppa
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-11-03 21:13   
before i respond to this, i'd like to say this.

People DO NOT appreciate huge, long sentences with bad spelling and grammar.

Right, now on to the topic.

Im not realy suprised. 7 seconds may be a bit less then the true amount of time, but torpedo scouts CAN easily take out destroyers.

Or it was de-sync.

Page created in 0.025674 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR