Combat Kills

Combat kills in last 24 hours:
No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Sir Oblivion {C?}

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Soap Box » » rankings
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
 Author rankings
Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2010-11-08 13:05   
Quote:

On 2010-11-01 09:35, Nova Team wrote:
.....will people stop complaining about the mf being nerfed. you know i hate flying a dread but i also dont think one or two frigate should be able to take out a dread in a few hits, HOWEVER i do agree that the need up on power or somthing to make them more useful all they had to do was lower the damage just a bit not completly nerf them out. they do need to do something with small ships and the mf was a good baby step in that direction

Did you ever actually use a MF or HF? It wasn't just one or two of them taking out a DN/Station in a few hits, you needed at least 4 or 5 with a Supply ship to be effective, and ideally an Interdictor to keep from being point jumped. Without the Supply they'd run out of ammo real fast and would be useless.

Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-11-08 19:13   
Quote:

On 2010-11-08 13:05, Grumpy Old Man wrote:
[
Did you ever actually use a MF or HF? It wasn't just one or two of them taking out a DN/Station in a few hits, you needed at least 4 or 5 with a Supply ship to be effective, and ideally an Interdictor to keep from being point jumped. Without the Supply they'd run out of ammo real fast and would be useless.

took down a full hp EAD with a missle frigate. it had a range of 2k with enough ecm to hide your self from that dred, with 4 racks with 20 missles each.

Email Borgie
Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-11-08 20:38   
[quote]
On 2010-11-08 13:05, Grumpy Old Man wrote:

Quote:

The jd recharges faster on a frig than a dread. I played with the MF a bit, and when i would get pd'd i just jumped a couple gu away and turned fired more at a helpless dread who could now not jump. If buddies jumped me I just ran around, pumped energy to shield arc, and ejumped 1 sec away again, keeping on same target.

Oh. Sup? Who needs it, when u recharge fast enough to zip out to a plat, recharge, and zip back in range to continue to pummel the dread I was targeting before, because I can jump, reload, jump, fire, faster than he reps.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-11-09 00:59   
Quote:

On 2010-10-29 16:59, Borgie wrote:
Quote:

On 2010-10-29 08:57, BackSlash wrote:
My last sample group didn't see any huge increases like previously, however it does seem prestige gain is too high on the ships damaged front. I'll take another look at it and see if any further reductions are neccessairy (most likely they are).

simple fix, revert ship damage gains to only hull like it was.

This. I think the gain from hitting hull now is more than sufficient on its own.

=Ent

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-11-09 04:55   
And them combat would be slow and not very rewarding, again. You forget what it was like before we added this. The problem isn't the addition itself, it's the rate of which it is awarding prestige. You do not cut down a tree, if just one branch is rotten.

At the risk of this going way off-topic, I'll be locking this now. The feedback is welcomed, and we're already aware (and working on) the issue.
[ This Message was edited by: BackSlash on 2010-11-09 04:56 ]

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
Page created in 0.010679 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR