No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +1.1 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Prestige loss for self-destruction
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
 Author Prestige loss for self-destruction
SpaceAdmiral
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-10-25 23:14   
Quote:

On 2010-10-25 23:04, Kenny_Naboo[+R] wrote:
Quote:

On 2010-10-25 22:12, chlorophyll wrote:
In such case, is privateer worth being prerequisite?

Probably. Otherwise we could rename the game KrillSpace.

Lets make a new ship then,
The Whale, eats alot of krill in one day

Lrd_Hunter
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-10-26 02:00   
TBH what the point to capture ships for the pivateering badge. Unless your luth you dont get any ship worth the badge. granted luth get krill and a station with it but ugto and icc only get a command station with is no different then there dread counterparts. so really why would you care to get the pivateering badge.

Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-10-26 12:09   
Some people are completionists. Others simply feel self-destructing on getting boarded is against the code of sportsmanship. Self-destructing harms your prestige more than getting capped does. It has no benefits to you, especially not when done from such a distance you don't even get kamikaze points, or serve another goal.

All it does is deny the other team prestige and points they earn through boarding you, or damaging you, or otherwise.

It's not weird that people should want this rule enforced, and the most efficient way is by changing the game code to either discourage or forbid this type of behaviour.

SpaceAdmiral
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-10-26 20:15   
so when i jump a dictored Missle Dread in my dessie and he sds, therefore denying me of combat pres, it is "normal", but when I get troops on me and sd it is "unsportsman like because i denied him of ship cap pres"?
in your logic we shouldn't have an sd button because it will always "deny prestige". Dying has "less consequences than sding" too, same as ship cap.

Slings&Arrows
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2010-10-26 20:40   
In theory the point of boarding an enemy ship is to remove it from combat yes? Ideally this takes the form of capturing the ship thus accomplishing the goal and netting you prestige. If the ship self-destructs, then the goal is still accomplished, albeit not in the best possible mannor. The ship is still removed from combat. So why not give prestige for it?

If an enemy self-destructs with your infantry on board then you've essentially removed the enemy as a threat and should gain at least some pres.

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-10-26 21:46   
Quote:

On 2010-10-26 20:40, Slings&Arrows wrote:

If an enemy self-destructs with your infantry on board then you've essentially removed the enemy as a threat and should gain at least some pres.

And half a cap point.

SpaceAdmiral
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-10-26 22:19   
great so i smack 1 inf on every dying enemy i see and hope they sd...

Riley!
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-10-27 04:08   
1. Let's please be serious. You should have collected all bronze badges by the time you achieve grand admiral. It is not that onerous -- clearly those claiming its too difficult have not put forth enough effort. qq

2. the k'luth cloak, It is our major defensive feature, as our armor is not nearly as strong as yours, thus the ability to cloak balances out our armor handicap -- but of course you already knew that. It was mentioned about pinging -- if you are engaged in battle in an area where you know there are k'luth lurking in the shadows then you probably should keep in mind to actively run eccm sweeps. Otherwise if you get capped by a tranny that uncloaks on top you -- it is your fault for failing to scan. 0.5 seconds of visibility or not, adjust your manual targeting tactics compensate. Teamwork maybe? 0.5 seconds is long enough to notice if the tranny is on top of you. qq

3. the current consequences of sding are hardly penalties at all -- it probably should be increased. Furthermore the SD countdown timer should be on a sliding scale depending on hull damage (more hull damage, more countdown time, etc.) and SD function should be taken offline if you get boarded.

blah blah blah.

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-10-27 04:56   
Quote:

On 2010-10-26 12:09, Hundredth Idiot, The wrote:
Some people are completionists. Others simply feel self-destructing on getting boarded is against the code of sportsmanship. Self-destructing harms your prestige more than getting capped does. It has no benefits to you, especially not when done from such a distance you don't even get kamikaze points, or serve another goal.

All it does is deny the other team prestige and points they earn through boarding you, or damaging you, or otherwise.

It's not weird that people should want this rule enforced, and the most efficient way is by changing the game code to either discourage or forbid this type of behaviour.

SDing is not bad sportsmanship.

Logging is.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
Page created in 0.021497 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR