No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +24.0 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Prestige loss for self-destruction
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
 Author Prestige loss for self-destruction
FearNick
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-10-21 15:31   
i still have yet to cap 1 ship in the last month ive been back and i try at least 1 on a daily basis im not gonna cheapen it by capping AI cuz im not that worried about the badge but just saying it is dang near impossible to cap a player. There was one instance that i dropped 12 inf on some1 and they laughed bcuz they ahd no inf and still didnt cap

Email FearNick
Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2010-10-21 15:57   
Quote:

On 2010-10-21 01:25, Kenny_Naboo[+R] wrote:
Should be coded such that, if you're boarded and you log, your ship should immediately be captured.

Yeah, gee, I don't see how that could possibly be exploited.

Email Shigernafy
The Fridge
Chief Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2010-10-21 16:56   
Quote:

On 2010-10-21 15:57, Shigernafy wrote:
Quote:

Should be coded such that, if you're boarded and you log, your ship should immediately be captured.

Oblivious Mod is Oblivious >_>

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-10-21 17:32   
What I have always wanted is the ability to literally stop a ship's systems, disable defenses, board and capture. Or, if needed, board, plant explosives and blow the ship after leaving. This isn't impossible to do.

We used to be able to target components. If we could still, a small fleet o ships with flux, emp, or elf, could target various systems neutralizing the defenses. This would have to be done after the ship is near dead, and suffering from systems damage out the wazoo. Then, while the ship is virtualy helpless, one of the attackers docks it. This also was in game if I remember right. you had to dock at stations...? maybe another game....

Anyways, once the ships dock, it would be an all out assault or sabotage job. The actual combat onboard would be the same. The ships would be unable to attack until undocked.

Oh. It would also be possible, that if the attacker's infantry fail, the defender could just counter-attack and attempt to sabo or capture the attacker's ship.

So why do we not have ion cannons? I always remember using ion cannons in games like X-Wing Alliance to do this type of thing.

Yeah. Either way, could we get component targeting back?

As far as self destruct, it is fine. Percentagewise it isn't used any more now than before. Ship capping by transports is far more prevalent, however. I have done it, I confess. Seldom went looking to purposely do it tho. Enemy shows up and there i am. Or I cant get troops to planet before I die, hell yeah dump on enemy before I explode.

Self destruct has always been annoying to and started many flame wars. The response every other time to the QQ has been to either raise pres loss or leave it alone. They bumped it up recently.

Keep it all as is for this item.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
SpaceAdmiral
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-10-21 17:58   
By sding to avoid cap, i view it as taking one for the team, not bad sportsmanship. You may not lose dura by capping, but you also save your team mates the trouble of another ship shooting at em. And if sding is cheap, what about that ole scen "dock to get rid of boarders" trick?
Also capping should lose dura, it is equivalent of a death...

Sauur
Chief Marshal
Praetorian Wolves

Posted: 2010-10-21 18:06   
Quote:

On 2010-10-21 17:32, Azreal wrote:
one of the attackers docks it. This also was in game if I remember right. you had to dock at stations...? maybe another game....

Yeah, I remember it - was in this game

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-10-21 18:54   
Quote:

On 2010-10-21 16:56, The Fridge wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

Oblivious Mod is Oblivious >_>

ROFL. Sarcasm detector on yet?

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-10-21 21:33   
Quote:

Quote:

Either that, or your ship remains until you're capped, or the last of the enemy troops has been eliminated. Then it disappears.

*FTL*Soulless
Marshal

Posted: 2010-10-21 21:41   
Quote:

On 2010-10-21 21:33, Kenny_Naboo[+R] wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

Either that, or your ship remains until you're capped, or the last of the enemy troops has been eliminated. Then it disappears.

thats an exploit waiting to happen

Email *FTL*Soulless
Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-10-21 22:08   
Quote:

On 2010-10-21 21:41, *soulless *TO* wrote:
Quote:

On 2010-10-21 21:33, Kenny_Naboo[+R] wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

thats an exploit waiting to happen

And logging to escape capture or being destroyed isn't?

Well maybe we could lengthen the ship's persistence after a player logs to abt 5 mins or so. That shd discourage logging as an escape route.

[ This Message was edited by: Kenny_Naboo[+R] on 2010-10-21 22:51 ]

Admiral Uhan
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2010-10-22 01:25   
Well I know that SD is used for stopping boarding parties and I know its iratating but imangine that you are a captian of a ship thats just been boarded and your mission is to prevent enemy using infomation or whatever on your ship then you probably going to hit the big red button

Reality Dysfunction
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-10-22 09:58   
Quote:

On 2010-10-21 17:32, Azreal wrote:

As far as self destruct, it is fine. Percentagewise it isn't used any more now than before. Ship capping by transports is far more prevalent, however. I have done it, I confess. Seldom went looking to purposely do it tho. Enemy shows up and there i am. Or I cant get troops to planet before I die, hell yeah dump on enemy before I explode.

Self destruct has always been annoying to and started many flame wars. The response every other time to the QQ has been to either raise pres loss or leave it alone. They bumped it up recently.

Keep it all as is for this item.

Thanks for all the input, especially Azreal. Your second paragraph of the above quote makes alot of sense. I checked my profile yesterday and noticed my self destruct score is only 7.21. So in away I just think it annoys me to see people SD, the decision to get the privateer badge hasn't helped the situation either

Piotr-san
Chief Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2010-10-22 13:42   
Quote:

On 2010-10-21 22:08, Kenny_Naboo[+R] wrote:

Some useless garbage

I dont know how this guy can even spell the word cheap considering he has been constantly abusing kluth cloaked tranys and a bug when enemy inf count towards your own unit limit, which is on a totaly different scale of cheap.

Now asking for mechanisms to help you doing so is just insolent , for the lack of better words. Like if you needed more advatages to even be able to execute a skillless tactic.

First stop players from being able to abuse the cloak on a trany by instantly boarding on top of enemy ships with inf set to hold and e jumping out, then we can talk.

Its like if uncloaking next to planets and dropping inf with raze order wasnt enough. I know the kluth players that do that but they dont bother me by doing so in comparision to uncloaking on top of ya and boarding, e-jumping.

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-10-22 14:46   
was never a problem with old cloak either lol

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-10-23 14:19   
Quote:

On 2010-10-22 13:42, Piotr-san wrote:
Quote:

On 2010-10-21 22:08, Kenny_Naboo[+R] wrote:

Some useless garbage

I dont know how this guy can even spell the word cheap considering he has been constantly abusing kluth cloaked tranys and a bug when enemy inf count towards your own unit limit, which is on a totaly different scale of cheap.

Now asking for mechanisms to help you doing so is just insolent , for the lack of better words. Like if you needed more advatages to even be able to execute a skillless tactic.

First stop players from being able to abuse the cloak on a trany by instantly boarding on top of enemy ships with inf set to hold and e jumping out, then we can talk.

Its like if uncloaking next to planets and dropping inf with raze order wasnt enough. I know the kluth players that do that but they dont bother me by doing so in comparision to uncloaking on top of ya and boarding, e-jumping.

Hmmm... I didn't name names....
Nice of you to come out in the open and admit that you log when boarded.

Every faction has used a tranny to cap an enemy cruiser or dread at some point in the game. I've also witnessed other ICC and UGTO players use trannies to the same effect.

Example: Just a couple of weeks back, Flash actually jumped my dread with a tranny while i was engaging a cruiser. He jumped in about 200 away, and rushed my Siphon. I managed to Alpha him but he still got the drop on me.

What did I do? I didn't log like a cheap cowardly bastige.
I could have either SD'ed or tried to make it to a friendly planet. I chose the latter, almost made it to the planet, but I got capped.

No big deal. Didn't lose much in terms of stats.

The only diff between Kluth trannies and human trannies is that Kluth trannies can take you by surprise and decloak next to you, then jump away. In other words, they can get away with the deed.

Also, any enemy dread that you're engaging can also suddenly reverse his direction and get the drop on you.

The end result is the same. You still get boarded. So players can either SD, run for help.....

.... or in your case... log.

As to whether it's against the ROC to use a tranny to board an enemy combatant.... let's let the mods/devs decide (though I really don't think so..)

If your dread is capable of carrying 4 inf, then you should be able to be boarded by 4 enemy inf, even if your hold is full of infs. Is that supposed to be a bug? Let the staff comment on this.

[ This Message was edited by: Kenny_Naboo[+R] on 2010-10-23 15:12 ]

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Page created in 0.040021 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR