No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +2.9 Days

Search

Anniversaries

19th - Server

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Faction Hoppers
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author Faction Hoppers
Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-09-18 18:38   
Quote:

On 2010-09-18 15:14, Saint. wrote:

some people are just so stupid....

funny you should mention that.

DubStep Santa
Marshal

Posted: 2010-09-19 00:29   
just reinstate the old system, if you want to change factions then you have to wipe your ships and cargo simple problem fixed

NUTS

Email DubStep Santa
Lithium
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-09-19 01:08   
I think faction dependend rank/pres/stats motivates veteran players.

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-09-19 08:34   
Quote:

On 2010-09-18 15:14, Saint. wrote:
this post is just stupid.....reset rank for faction hoping?
that wouldent stop anyone from telling there team about your movements...idiot

just add a time limit when you pick 1 team to prevent spies

some people are just so stupid....

Saint.

Hmmm. I wonder if the two are related......?

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
DOT
Admiral
Faster than Light

Posted: 2010-09-19 12:39   
why cant players if they been faction hopping they get no bonus pres and if on the winning team get at least 5 pres for that

Xydes
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-09-19 16:21   
Lol @ Azreal

To be honest, Saint does have a point tho... Not the stupid, idiot etc part. But the part about adding a timer...

Maybe If you choose lets say UGTO. You can not swap factions again. That way even if you sabo'd a planet there would be no way to change to ICC and go: "Ok Tau Layo is now a Vegetable, SPAM IT MISSLES AND FIGHTERS!"

But its true /report is there for a reason, use it wisely.

-Yebbo Redfoot, Grand Admiral of the Cuddle Wagon

-Shadowalker-™
Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-09-19 22:28   
Quote:

On 2010-09-18 15:08, Starcommand of ICC *XO* wrote:
I don't think you all understood his idea.

Its not that your rank is reset completely, but is set by faction.

So you are a GA on UGTO, great thats fine, but if you swap to Kluth for the first time you will be midshipman on Kluth. When you go back to UGTO, you will be a GA again. You KEEP your rank on each faction, but you will need to WORK on the others if you change, so you will have 3 ranks more or less. One for each faction. Thats the idea I saw he was pitching.

A good idea to discourage hopping at first and would be a good short term fix (about 3 mos) before those that hop will have good ranks on all 3 factions. Then we will be back to square 1.

Email -Shadowalker-™
Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-09-19 22:34   
Quote:

On 2010-09-18 06:02, HakkeTak wrote:

A minimum time to play a faction after u choose it. The minimum time increasing with rank, since ur influence increases with rank also.

+1 on this.

*FTL*Soulless
Marshal

Posted: 2010-09-19 23:34   
Quote:

On 2010-09-18 06:02, HakkeTak wrote:

A minimum time to play a faction after u choose it. The minimum time increasing with rank, since ur influence increases with rank also.

Great idea there

Email *FTL*Soulless
Lrd_Hunter
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-09-20 00:52   
lol love flamer threads this are fun. but to topic. i for one admit to be a faction hopper but i do not spy. i change faction in order to have fun with the game get boring just doing the same thing with the same ship so why not do the same thing with a different ship.

also even if you set a timer to a week or whatever what keeps them from making another acct. i mean even when you had to pay to play you could stay midshipmen and play for free and now it totaly free and pres is like the easiest to gain now not going to stop anyone from just making another acct to play with.

just use the /report and let the admin take care of it but this threads not going to go anywhere .

Painfulangel
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-09-20 01:18   
Quote:

On 2010-09-18 05:23, Okkam's Razor @RAGE wrote:
The information gathering you claim to be seeing probably isn't true. Alot of players change factions because they get bored with one or feel like doing somthing different.

There won't be any kind of limitation or change to this unfortunately, not for a long time. While I am not an admin I can guarrentee you this because there has been many a thread posted about changing factions and how some people dislike it.

If you ever see anyone deliberately sabotaging a planet for their own benefit when they change sides or abusing their ability to change sides then /report it immediately, if not then it is all just speculation.

i have to agree i change factions because im bored of the ICC and i want to play as the UGTO and even than if i do go back to ICC i will still be loyal to ICC, besides it isnt against the RoC to change Factions.

Painfulangel
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-09-20 01:28   
I agree with okam

Hakketak
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-09-20 03:07   
of course a little hopping of factions is normal. U might feel like ugto today, icc next week. Its the people that try to screw the game on purpose, that need to be defended against.

When not defending against screw-ups, the game gets screwed depending on the persistence of the screw-up. Of course, if someone got infinite time, no measurement gonna help prevent him to not play the game, just screw around.

What i rlly like to see are some discouragements for someone to make like 10 alts, and set em free to sabotage the other 2 factions, then logges in with main again. Instead of hoping someone is around and watching and also will use the /report option.

Faction hoppin is fine...As long as u reduce it to maybe 2-3x a week or something tops people tend to distrust u less.

Another proposal can be, that there is IP-track of account. Each home/adress has one account. In that account u can make several characters. The activity is traced with a program, scanning for things like this at each server restart:

-play one faction
-log out, play other faction
-scrapped buildings
-log out, switch back to first faction
-grabbed bomber, capped same planet.

activity like that....Is easier to find.

I can test if DS is loser-proof if u guys feel confident the current system is fine. Ill create many accounts and screw all kind of factions over till all factions reduced to their home systems....in about 3 days? 4 days?

OneBoredSith
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-09-20 19:21   
However HakkeTak, the server comms does not tell u ur whole faction owned planets activities when its structures are being scrapped or are being disabled. An example would be like u're playing at Polaris system(ICC cantrolled) and a jumper sabatages some system like BD+4344, the player wouldn't have known about it until he starts to press F2 and observe each and every planets that their factions owned.

ADmiraLMaXimus (Bringer of Doom)
Chief Marshal
Praetorian Wolves

Posted: 2010-09-20 21:33   
long ago i use to faction hop to help the losing side and others did the same to make the game interesting.

I feel that changing factions keeps the game interesting and as far as spying and sabotage.... well if you see someone on your team doing it dont take advantage of the rules they are breaking or you are just as bad... simply report them, take a screen shot or something .... take responsibility, take action for the DS community and the faction hopers who do it for the wrong reasons will stop or they will get banned. who needs people here that ruin the game for the rest of us. use /report and things will change in time, for the better.

[ This Message was edited by: ADmiraLMaXimus (Bringer of Doom) on 2010-09-20 21:34 ]

Email ADmiraLMaXimus (Bringer of Doom)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.023944 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR