No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +3.8 Days

Search

Anniversaries

1st - UntenHund

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Faction Hoppers
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author Faction Hoppers
Katharsis
Admiral

Posted: 2010-09-18 05:11   
Hi,

I`m a quite new player but I found some strange situations when someone is changing faction only for being a spy and giving an information to his/her previous team.

I`d like to propose a rank reset when changing faction. In my opinion logicaly is that every faction has his own ranks. People can change teams - yes, no limitation here but they should start form Midshipman again. I`m really disappointed seeing people changing their team in Metaverse only for being a spy. This behavior ruin all the suprise strategy.

Regards,

Katharsis

Okkam
Marshal

Posted: 2010-09-18 05:23   
The information gathering you claim to be seeing probably isn't true. Alot of players change factions because they get bored with one or feel like doing somthing different.

There won't be any kind of limitation or change to this unfortunately, not for a long time. While I am not an admin I can guarrentee you this because there has been many a thread posted about changing factions and how some people dislike it.

If you ever see anyone deliberately sabotaging a planet for their own benefit when they change sides or abusing their ability to change sides then /report it immediately, if not then it is all just speculation.

Xydes
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-09-18 05:27   
Suggestion Denied!

I was told a while back that there will be some restrictions on how often you can change teams. If you were to change teams... and your at a nice Rank. You go from UGTO to Luth/ Luth to UGTO/ ICC to UGTO/ ICC to Luth etc etc.. your Rank would be Midshipman over and over again... then we would alll be running around in scouts... This is not a Logical Idea.

To be honest, an Idea could be: If you log in as UGTO to day, you can't change from that faction until the next day. If you are fleeted then... what the heck your stuck with that faction anyway.

-Yebbo!

Hakketak
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-09-18 06:02   
I think the best way to deal with everyday hoppin, is 2 things:

A minimum time to play a faction after u choose it. The minimum time increasing with rank, since ur influence increases with rank also.

A restriction in planetary rights, like raze/build, load/unload, activate/deactivate. For a time period of a week after choosing that faction, or, instead of locking to a rank, lock a planet to a certain loyalty. Like loyalty 70% for kluth, meaning 70% of ur game time is as the kluth faction

We all know there are many people that think the game is most fun when u and 4 other people shoot a single dread. People change to the faction with most players then help em kill some loners usually...Farming prestige, not really showing much consideration/help for teammembers unless tactically usefull for themselves.

Its this attitude that annoys most people. Faction hopping isnt against any rules, true, but u wont be very appreciated by the players that stick around, and i think u will have a different, nicer, game experience if u just stick with a faction.

Fatal Command (CO)
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

From: over here in New York noticing some ppl are like canoes.....they need to be paddled.
Posted: 2010-09-18 07:22   
faction hoppers do it for one reason and one reason only..pres...you get more when its 7 on 2 than 3 on 6.If it looks like thye will be losing pres they change.And sabotage does occur A LOT but its usually done in such a way as its hard to prove.especially when it comes to platforms.I have built several in enemy systems as a base only to cme back a few hours later to not find them again and several people who were ICC have since switched factions and destroyed them....provable..no...but as far as I'm concerned...faction hoppers cant stay the hell away from me and expect NO assistance from me at all.

Email Fatal Command (CO)
Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-09-18 09:17   
Why not simply discourage it by making each faction fun to play? Some people change factions because their faction is being silly, or don't call any faction their own simply because they like playing on all sides.

Faction hopping isn't bad. Just a few people are derp.

OneBoredSith
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-09-18 09:19   
I agree with Katharsis, faction hoppers are annoying particularly when they sabatage vital key planets or systems.

AP0LLYON
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-09-18 10:30   
if they did that, i think alot of players would stop playing . cause people change factions they need to be midshipman .... i agree with the others on this post

Coeus
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2010-09-18 12:56   
How would no rank stop spying or sabotage? Maybe a little of the sabo would stop due to some planets being locked... but I wouldn't hold my breath for alot of it.

Poorly conceived, even worse rationale.

ICC Security Council Chief Enforcer

Email Coeus   Goto the website of Coeus
JBud
Marshal

Posted: 2010-09-18 13:43   
No. I faction hop, and don't ever spy. I am not going to spend another year earning GA again TWICE just because of some bad apples... If you see someone spying, do a /report. And I'm with what Coeus said.. How would this crazy idea stop spying? I'll tell you, it wouldn't.

This idea gets a big fat NO. /thread

[ This Message was edited by: Rorschach on 2010-09-18 13:45 ]

Email JBud   Goto the website of JBud
Okkam
Marshal

Posted: 2010-09-18 14:30   
I'd also like to remind people of the last post that was made about 'faction hopping' last week.

There are some individuals who abuse their rank to prevent people from building planets or using AI simply because they do not have a fleet, someone tried it on me once.

Also would like to mension that people ingame have started calling people out for not having a faction, I would like to remind you all that not being in a fleet is a personal choice of certain individuals because they enjoy the game as a whole or cannot find a fleet they would like to be in.

The idea itself has been mensioned more times than most of us can remember and there is alot of things that can be considered when thinking about faction hoppers but to be really honest the /report function is there for a reason folks.

Please do not start a witch hunt.

-Daedalus-
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-09-18 14:42   
Quote:

On 2010-09-18 05:11, Katharsis wrote:
Hi,

I`m a quite new player but I found some strange situations when someone is changing faction only for being a spy and giving an information to his/her previous team.

I`d like to propose a rank reset when changing faction. In my opinion logicaly is that every faction has his own ranks. People can change teams - yes, no limitation here but they should start form Midshipman again. I`m really disappointed seeing people changing their team in Metaverse only for being a spy. This behavior ruin all the suprise strategy.

Regards,

Katharsis

Suggestion Denied/Reject/Trashed.

Sorry..

Starcommander
Marshal

Posted: 2010-09-18 15:08   
I don't think you all understood his idea.

Its not that your rank is reset completely, but is set by faction.

So you are a GA on UGTO, great thats fine, but if you swap to Kluth for the first time you will be midshipman on Kluth. When you go back to UGTO, you will be a GA again. You KEEP your rank on each faction, but you will need to WORK on the others if you change, so you will have 3 ranks more or less. One for each faction. Thats the idea I saw he was pitching.

A good idea to discourage hopping at first and would be a good short term fix (about 3 mos) before those that hop will have good ranks on all 3 factions. Then we will be back to square 1.

WH 40k armies, Grey Knights, Dark Angles, Imperial Guard (Vostroyan First Born) and Orks.

There is a thin line between knowing when to give up and when to try harder.

Email Starcommander
Koba
Chief Marshal
Praetorian Wolves

Posted: 2010-09-18 15:14   
this post is just stupid.....reset rank for faction hoping?
that wouldent stop anyone from telling there team about your movements...idiot

just add a time limit when you pick 1 team to prevent spies

some people are just so stupid....

Sixkiller
Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2010-09-18 16:22   
Quote:

On 2010-09-18 15:14, Saint. wrote:
this post is just stupid.....reset rank for faction hoping?
that wouldent stop anyone from telling there team about your movements...idiot

just add a time limit when you pick 1 team to prevent spies

some people are just so stupid....

If you got nothing to say besides stupid, idiot, etc, you might as well keep your mouth shut, thank you very much.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.035418 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR